SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Manager is responsible for the overall performance and profitability of all programs assigned. The Program Manager will lead the development of an environment that promotes an attitude of excellence that satisfies internal and external customer needs the first time. PM’s will promote the development of co-worker leadership skills and abilities throughout the organization. Decrease non-value activities and utilize innovative ideas to implement value added solutions into all processes, resulting in internal and external customer satisfaction. Align daily work with program standard work which is aligned to KMMs mission, vision, values, and goals to ensure everyone is pulling in the same direction at the same time in real time; use the Lean Practical Problem Solving Process immediately when a problem is recognized.
This position is the primary contact with the customer and as such it is expected that the Program Manager will represent KMM in a professional manner at all times and be responsive and respectful. The Program Manager’s goal is to improve profits & cash flow. KMM Program Managers are required to collaborate with all KMM program managers, directors, and ownership to enhance improvement for their program and the company. This is done through engagement in required management meeting, sharing lesson’ learned regarding PM standard work, value stream mapping, process improvements, and implementation of Hoshin Kanri.
The Program Manager will conduct themselves in a professional manner and at all times be responsive and respectful.
The Program Manager should know, understand, apply, evaluate, and promote improvements to program QMS, productivity, manpower, engineering, material acquisition, tooling, calibration, capital equipment, facilities, continuous improvement, training, and Program Management Strategy. This position requires a minimum of weekly reporting on the current reporting format through the designated leadership.
This includes but is not limited to the duties and responsibilities listed below.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Program profitability – Continually monitoring and improving program profitability through capacity management. PM’s will regularly assess with goal of improving customer satisfaction, internal quality, productivity, safety, and employee morale.
Page 2 of 8
Monitor overall program progress against committed plan, reports progress, and raises
issues as necessary through current reporting method.
2. Develop implement, monitor, and adjust program capacity management systems to
a. Tooling and Capital Equipment
c. Planning and master scheduling
e. Supplier management
f. Quality and delivery performance
g. Productivity performance
h. Engineering performance
i. Building customer relations
j. Continuous improvement / lean
3. Implement Hosin Kanri to align all program activities with KMM’s mission, vision,
values, and strategies.
4. Monitor and direct or perform day to day operations of the assigned program to ensure
that policies and procedures are being followed, that goals and objectives are met, and
that services and projects are being accomplished efficiently and effectively; takes
corrective action as necessary
5. Help develop and monitor the program’s budget / oversee financial well being of the
programs by analyzing cost effectiveness and exercising cost controls; prepares, submits
and justifies budget enhancement requests.
6. Customer satisfaction – Assessments of customer satisfaction through customer report
card information, FPY data and frequent interaction with customer representatives
7. Provide continual leadership to promote the development of a culture of excellence.
Annually promote development, application, analysis, and resulting actions through value
stream mapping process which will results in the increase of program profits..
8. Evaluate effectiveness of training and assist in identifying and helping to develop
effective training plan to meet the program requirements.
9. Facilitate resolution of issues. This may include setting up/moderating a discussion,
involving Human Resources.
10. Develop and direct the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and
work standards where applicable for the program.
11. Plan, organize, administer, review and evaluate the work of subordinate professionals,
technical, support and operational staff where present, through subordinate supervisors
and lead workers.
Page 3 of 8
12. Provide for the selection, training, professional development and work evaluation of
subordinate staff and makes recommendations on hiring, termination, promotion and
discipline as required
13. Monitor and stay abreast with technology, legal (i.e. ITAR & Export Laws) and
operational changes that affect the activities and work processes of the program; make
recommendations for and develop and carry out improvement to the program to meet
changing mission parameters and requirements.
14. Prioritize and allocate available program resources.
15. Perform complex administrative duties requiring oversight, attention to detail and
analysis; perform strategic planning and financial analysis, including assisting in
preparation of specialized program and project budgets to include staffing and
16. Prepares a variety of written correspondence, reports, procedures, directives and other
materials this includes but is not limited to weekly trend data (productivity, quality, and
safety), monthly profit/loss, and yearly budget).
17. Knowledge and enforcement of all KMM policies and procedures is required
18. Monitor and analyze data to lead the development of actions to improve:
a. Monthly, quarterly, and yearly profit/loss of each program
b. Meaningful work environment
c. On time delivery and quality (customers)
d. current capacity of each machine, cell, unit, shared resource
e. current capacity needs: people, equipment, tooling, etc.
f. inventory levels/turns, and current material shortages.
19. Perform other duties and assignments as required.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. The successful candidate will possess a Business management or industrial or electrical
engineering (or similar degrees) AND 2 years of successful supervisory/management
a. OR a minimum of 3 years of demonstrated successful program management.
2. Strong program or project management skills managing complex, multi-faceted projects
resulting in measurable success and program growth.
3. Experience with Lean Manufacturing, concepts, tools and application.
4. Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool and experience working
with information technology staff to develop and implement program evaluation systems.
5. Understanding of employee performance improvement plans.
6. Able to perform a variety of complex tasks.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details.
Page 4 of 8
8. Additionally, this position requires the employee is able to communicate (verbally and
written) fluently in the English language.
9. High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft Excel,
Power Point and Outlook.
10. A working knowledge of required production standards as they apply to programs (JSTD,
IPC 620, and IPC 610) that are contract and customer requirements.
11. Demonstrated problem-solving ability.
12. Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional areas and teams.
13. Strong time-management skills.
14. Personal qualities on integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for KMM’s
These requirements may be temporarily adjusted or modified at the time of the opening and will
be based on current labor availability and staffing needs. In these instances it is expected the
employee will be able to meet all requirements within 180 days of accepting the position.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
1. This position requires the daily use of a computer and computer related software. The
employee must be able to accurately and proficiently enter and retrieve data as needed for
the job tasks.
2. Standard office equipment such as copiers, calculators etc will be used, etc.
1. This position will require long periods of computer use while performing the reporting,
tracking and planning requirements.
2. The employee must have the ability to move freely throughout the production area to
effectively evaluate program status and assist where needed with machinery, tooling and
3. This position requires the ability to clearly communicate through verbal and written
means and will require frequent use of phone, e-mail and other standard office
It is KMM’s expectation that the employee will know, understand and adhere to all KMM
policies, procedures, standards of conduct and adhere to KMM Mission Statement and Values.
They must be trustworthy, honest, dependable, and able to work and be a part of the teamwork
environment at KMM. In addition the employee must be self motivated and exemplify good
attention to detail and strive for 100% quality as well as be able to handle the job pressure of
Page 5 of 8
schedules and customer changes as well as occasional interruptions. There may be times where
extra hours are necessary to meet customer delivery requirements.
The continued success of KMM is reliant upon the engagement of employees to provide
continuous improvements through lean activities and process improvement activities and
recommendations. Quality of product is paramount to KMM and the employee’s continued
employment and as such the ability to perform the functions of the job will be evaluated on a
regular basis to ensure that these requirements are met.
Communication and transparency are critical to the success of this position. The ____ must
foster a culture of commitment and proactive response to any KMM coworker or customer. Clear
communication with supervisors in regards to production understanding of the process is
paramount to the program success and employee success.
As a KMM employee it is an expectation that you will treat coworkers with respect and will
refrain from any comments or actions at work, in public or on public networking sites that could
be considered as liable or degrading to KMM or your fellow employees. KMM has no tolerance
for discriminatory behavior of any kind.
The employee is representing KMM as a leader and/or through their contact with customers,
vendors, community members and fellow employees and is expected to present themselves in a
professional manner at all times.
This position is considered a leadership position and as such is a representative of KMM and is
therefore expected to be performed in a professional manner at all times.
This position may require travel for training, to customers and/or other KMM facilities as needed
and this may include working at other locations periodically and/or possibly for extended periods
of time to support operations and fulfill job requirements In the event that a KMM vehicle is not
available for use the employee will be required to provide their own transportation.
This job description is not intended as a written contract or a promise of continued employment
but a guide to job duty requirements. Other tasks or duties may be assigned as needed to
perform the daily operations to provide customer satisfaction and a quality product.
This document is considered proprietary to KMM and may not be copied, transmitted or shared
outside KMM without express written permission from the H. R. Director or KMM Executive
KMM is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D and a Drug, Alcohol and Weapons Free