Primary Purpose of this Position is to facilitate the efficient administration of bids, liaison communications and questions to customer, bid reviews and associated bid documentation. The Bid Support Specialist position requires recording customer RFQs and updates, reviewing customer RFQ technical packages and RFQ requirements, and communicating those details to interested parties within KMM. The Bid Support Specialist is responsible for working with the Proposal Coordinator in processing all Requests For Quotes (RFQ) to completion. This position works closely with all members of the bidding group in developing high quality proposals for existing and potential customers, based on different customer specifications. The Bid Support Specialist helps to ensure quotes are submitted accurately and before deadlines, making sure to represent the company in a fair and ethical manner. This position requires a professional demeanor and excellent, professional communication skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Record all customer RFQs and updates to RFQs in a timely manner.
- Review Request for Quote (RFQ) documents package, which may include Statement of Work (SOW); Parts List; Dimensional Drawing; Specifications; Quality Notes and other requirements.
- Communicate RFQ summaries to KMM internal interested parties to obtain bid / no bid decision (Program Managers, Engineers, Strategic Sourcing Analysts, Planning, etc.) in a professional, organized, and accurate manner.
- Answer questions from KMM internal colleagues in regards to RFQ status and RFQ package.
- Submit completed bid packages to the customer on time, within RFQ deadlines.
- Communicate with KMM colleagues and customers with timeliness and professionalism.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must become familiar with the needs and capabilities of various KMM programs.
- Identify processes required in the RFQ and determine whether KMM facilities have the capability to perform those processes.
- Communicate regularly by phone and e-mail with the bidding group members.
- Communicate questions regarding engineering package by e-mail to the Proposal Coordinator.
- Work with Strategic Sourcing Analysts and respond quickly to questions regarding materials.
- Work with team to answer RFQ questions and come to a bid / no bid decision as soon as possible.
- Flexibility to work extra hours during high bidding activity is required.
- Ability to work well within virtual teams to deliver winning bids.
- Comply with company standards, procedures and protocols.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with internal departments and customers.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Associate’s Degree in business, accounting, or engineering-related discipline preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline preferred, but not required.
- One-year experience in business, accounting, or engineering is preferred, but not required, if the candidate can demonstrate the knowledge and ability to perform the functions of the Bid Support Specialist job.
- Technical aptitude is required.
- Ability to read and interpret both wire and circuit card drawings within 3 months of hire.
- Familiarity with high volume manufacturing and LEAN Concepts is preferred.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, or similar software solutions is preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication in the English language and exceptional organizational skills required.
- Must be able to effectively identify and use available internal and external resources to increase knowledge and expertise.
- Must be deadline conscience and work well under pressure.
- Time management skills are essential to be successful in this position.
- Good influencing skills
- A complete finisher
- Self-starter able to work on own initiative
- Respect for others
- Encourages and fosters teamwork
- Flexible and adaptable
- Gently assertive
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
- This position requires the daily use of a computer and computer related software. The employee must be able to accurately and proficiently enter and retrieve data as needed for the job tasks.
- Standard office equipment such as copiers, calculators etc., will be used.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle.
- This position requires the mobility to move throughout the facilities, stamina and ability to deal with stressful situations, and to work flexible hours.
- This position requires the ability to sit for prolonged time periods while using a computer and computer related software, as well as frequent use of a phone and other standard office equipment.