This position is critical to the function of all programs and as such, the purpose of this position is to download and maintain the data flow from the customer to provide accurate schedule and material requirement information. The Planner will have the responsibility to communicate concise, accurate and clear data, assist and strive to eliminate waste, provide a stable workflow while meeting program schedules and improving processes, and assist the team in process improvements where possible. To do this, the Planner is responsible for the overall flow of data and communication of the program requirements delegated to their oversight.
KMM expects that the Planner will represent KMM in a professional manner at all times, while exhibiting responsiveness and respectfulness to customers and coworkers. This position requires the knowledge and understanding of planning and master scheduling, as well as the importance of accurate data for KMM Procurement activities to be able to provide material on time for the production process to meet the customer expectations and schedules.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Download and save the data from Boeing,Crane and other customers regularly..
- Import Boeing’s raw data into the appropriate database and/or folders.
- Analyze, compare, and evaluate raw customer data, in order to cross-reference accuracy in the automation of the databases.
- Release jobs in Dynamics; assign MOs according to the schedule requirements.
- Print all the needed paperwork for jobs, including but not limited to, shop aids, BAT tags, tote labels, AD and C-size drawings, and other verification paperwork. Verify all required paperwork for production operations for accuracy. Communicate any discrepancies or incomplete data to supervisor immediately.
- Understand scheduling and be able to calculate due dates based on customer provided data.
- Communicate any data or technical issues to supervisor immediately.
- Provide accurate written and oral communication to internal and external customers when required.
- Assist in collecting data, to respond to customer inquiries and requests
- Assist with shipping, MO receipting and invoicing, and updating program statuses.
- Assist with collecting data, to respond to customer inquiries and requests.
- Assist in updating MRP with accurate order data, and verification thereof.
- Assist with document control processes and control of records, including completed paperwork.
- Assist in creating and maintaining production schedule.
- Assist in Contract Review/PRR
- Sort and scan paperwork after product has shipped
- Follow all of KMM processes and procedures
- Knowledge and enforcement of all KMM policies and a clear understanding and demonstration of all safety requirements.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- The employee must have knowledge or previous skills (preferred) of manufacturing and the importance of maintaining production schedules.
- Must demonstrate the ability to perform mathematical calculations, accurate reporting and analyzing.
- The position requires the employee to be computer proficient as well as knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook. Education and/or background in the use of Microsoft Dynamics is recommended.
- The position requires a working knowledge of required production standards, as they apply to programs.
- This position requires good communication skills and organizational skills, as well as the ability to effectively and fluently communicate (verbally and written) in the English language with customers and co-workers.
- This position also requires innovative problem solving skills and the ability to provide solutions as issues arise, or with Lean ideas, concepts, and events.
- These requirements may be modified, based on current labor availability and staffing needs. In these instances, the employee must be able to meet all requirements within 180 days of accepting the position.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
- Requires the daily use of a computer and computer related software, scale, phone, and e-mail. Must be able to accurately and proficiently enter and retrieve data as needed for the job tasks.
- Standard office equipment such as copiers, calculators etc., will be used.
- Requires the ability to sit, stand, stoop, and bend. There will be prolonged periods of standing.
- Requires ability to lift objects 30-50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Ability to enter and retrieve data with accuracy and proficiency into the computer.
Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete documentation; ability to move freely throughout the factory.