Summary of Responsibilities:
The purpose of this position is to oversee the development and standardization to KMM proposal activities. This includes ensuring that documents are secure and in keeping with company standards, facilitating the proposal review and guidance of the final proposal draft. The Proposal Coordinator will work with all programs to oversee all proposal activities, including directing proposal personnel, managing proposal schedules and deadlines, developing proposal outline and compliance matrix, and monitoring the progress of the proposal.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
Proposal Manager Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for distributing all bids and/or requests for quote to the appropriate facility and program.
• Reading and comprehending all customer terms and conditions and passing along critical information to Program Management.
• Entering the bid information into the Dynamics MRP system and setting up the initial bid folder.
• Producing and maintaining a Bid/Proposal directive or work instruction.
• Participating in the development and review of proposal strategies and themes, and manage the development of a Proposal Management Plan (PMP).
• Assisting in analyzing the RFP/bid requirements against the proposal outline to ensure both compliance and responsiveness to the customer’s issues and needs. Assist in building the proposal compliance matrix and tracking the fulfillment of all requirements of proposals when required by Program Management.
• Tracking of future areas of skill and capacity for each site and program in order to match the bid with the correct site and program..
• Providing support and direction to other bid team members as required, to ensure bid management provides an effective and value adding function throughout the company.
• Keeping and maintaining KMM Terms and Conditions of Sale to be sent out to customers upon receipt of bid and/or request for quote.
• Sending out and retaining confidentiality agreements between KMM and customers.
• Assisting Program Management in filling out customer surveys of RFIs (Requests for Information).
• Tracking of current and past assemblies to include:
o Material lead time
o Labor lead time
o Material actual costs
o Labor actual costs
o Last bid date
o Last bid price
o Last sales date
o Last sales price
• Tracking of all open bids and due dates
• Tracking of bids KMM wins, loses, and no-bids
*Performs other related duties and assignments as required
Education, prior work experience, and skills and knowledge:
• This position requires a minimum of 2 years experience in reading and analyzing requests for proposal (RFP’s) and request for quotation (RFQ’s) or negotiating.
• A 4-year degree in accounting, business, finance, or related field is preferred but not required.
• This position requires exceptional math, organization, grammar, proofreading and spelling abilities
• Must be able to work in deadline-driven environments and work with others to complete projects
• The ability to communicate clearly and professionally in both verbal and written format
• This position requires the ability to understand and write detailed verbiage as needed for proposal activities
• Must be able to work independently or as part of a team.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Access, Excel Programs, and Internet
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively with numbers and calculations
• Ability to organize and maintain multiple lists and sets of information
• The ability to handle frequent interruptions and pressure situations.
Physical requirements, i.e. vision, lifting, standing, sitting, etc, and environment/working conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will sit for extended periods of time and must have the ability to work for extended periods using a computer and computer related programs. This position will require frequent conversations with internal and external customers and communication will be through phone, e-mail and other standard forms of contact.
Equipment and machinery used:
This position requires the use of a computer and related software as necessary in completing job tasks as well as standard office equipment.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Analytical—the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information and can interpret the information as needed accurately to internal and external teammates. The individual can analyze work performed and verify accuracy and completion of tasks.
• Problem Solving—the individual identify and assist in the resolution of problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully by using knowledge gained through work experience and education. The individual provides process improvement ideas and solutions to problems and is proactive in addressing potential issues. The individual embraces the concept of team participation in problem solving and understands the importance of providing and seeking assistance when needed.
• Oral and Written Communication—the individual communicates clearly and respectfully with others and avoids situations that are negative and potentially destructive to the team environment. The individual communicates with the team to effectively provide input for process improvements and lean activities to enhance product and work environment. The individual speaks clearly and respectfully at all times including stressful situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings effectively. The individual can work effectively with all levels of coworkers and can communicate in clear, understandable and concise language. The individual must be able to effectively communicate through various forms of communication both written and verbal and internal and external.
• Delegation—the individual delegates work assignments based on individual competencies and contract or project needs, gives authority to work independently however retains the accountability for the outcome of the delegated tasks, sets expectations, timelines and monitors delegated activities.
• Leadership—the individual inspires others to perform well and is willing to accept feedback from others. This individual must be able to show leadership through personal actions and a good solid work ethic that promotes teamwork and enthusiasm. The ability to listen and understand problems and issues clearly and to recognize subordinate or coworker problem, issues and frustrations with processes to assist in resolving these problems is critical to this function. The individual understands and practices a servant leadership attitude and treats everyone with respect and understanding while providing guidance, assistance and direction.
• Time Management skills—the individual effectively manages work time to ensure that they are engaged and focused to provide a quality product in the allocated timeframe. The individual must be able to effectively manage their time to avoid unnecessary absenteeism or time away from the work area.
• Management skills—the individual can effectively manage projects or programs through effective time management and ensure that critical issues are resolved in a timely manner. Effective organization skills and daily attention to the elimination of waste in personal, department, and production processes is required. The individual includes leadership in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement, makes self available to staff and provides regular performance feedback, has a plan for the development of subordinates’ skills and encourages growth within their organization.
• Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. The individual is engaged in the operation requirements to provide a quality product in all steps of the process. The individual can understand and follow all quality requirements and will seek assistance where necessary. The individual demonstrates an understanding of the importance of the quality of work necessary to meet the customer expectations and the importance of their function in that process. The individual works with Program Leadership in evaluation of future and past proposal activities to ensure that the activity meets the needs of KMM.
• Judgment—the individual understands the complexity and importance of the job function and demonstrates this through quality work and attention to detail. The individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions. The individual is willing to seek assistance where needed. The individual shows good judgment by adherence to company policies and procedures.
• Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently. The individual participates in 5S + Safety daily and keeps a clean and organized work area.
• Lean / Process Improvements – the individual has an understanding of the lean environment goals and is actively engaged in process improvements in all areas of responsibility.
• Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly and provides assistance as needed to the Safety Committee.
It is KMM’s expectation that the employee will know, understand and adhere to all KMM policies, procedures, standards of conduct and adhere to KMM Mission Statement and Values. They must be trustworthy, honest, dependable, and able to work and be a part of the teamwork environment at KMM. In addition the employee must be self motivated and exemplify good attention to detail and strive for 100% quality as well as be able to handle the job pressure of schedules and customer changes as well as occasional interruptions. There may be times where extra hours are necessary to meet customer delivery requirements.
The continued success of KMM is reliant upon the engagement of employees to provide continuous improvements through lean activities and process improvement activities and recommendations. Quality of product is paramount to KMM and the employee’s continued employment and as such the ability to perform the functions of the job will be evaluated on a regular basis to ensure that these requirements are met.
Communication and transparency are critical to the success of this position. The Proposal Coordinator must foster a culture of commitment and proactive response to any KMM coworker or customer. Clear communication with supervisors in regards to production understanding of the process is paramount to the program success and employee success.
As a KMM employee it is an expectation that you will treat coworkers with respect and will refrain from any comments or actions at work, in public or on public networking sites that could be considered as liable or degrading to KMM or your fellow employees. KMM has no tolerance for discriminatory behavior of any kind.
The employee is representing KMM as a leader and/or through their contact with customers, vendors, community members and fellow employees and is expected to present themselves in a professional manner at all times.
This position may require travel for training, to customers and/or other KMM facilities as needed and this may include working at other locations periodically and/or possibly for extended periods of time to support operations and fulfill job requirements In the event that a KMM vehicle is not available for use the employee will be required to provide their own transportation.
This job description is not intended as a written contract or a promise of continued employment but a guide to job duty requirements. Other tasks or duties may be assigned as needed to perform the daily operations to provide customer satisfaction and a quality product.
This document is considered proprietary to KMM and may not be copied, transmitted or shared outside KMM without express written permission from the H. R. Director or KMM Executive Management.
KMM is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D and a Drug, Alcohol and Weapons Free Workplace