Production Cable Assembly
Job title: Production-Wire Harness and Cable Assemblies
Summary of duties and responsibilities:
Perform all tasks involved in the production of KMM’s cable and harness products. This includes but is not limited to the duties and responsibilities listed below.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Reads and follows processes and performs work as assigned
• Lifts spools of wire and takes them to appropriate destination
• Cuts, strips, crimps, or otherwise assemble the materials to produce sub assemblies
• Distinguishes colors and read small print in order to perform procedural process
• Learns and retains information, relating to standards and specifications, through provided classroom and on the job training
• Packs finished goods into correct packages and boxes
• Ability to evaluate any mechanical or material issues
• Place finished goods in the designated area
• Maintains a clean and safe work area
• This individual has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks
*Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
**All Production workers are expected to be available to work in all area of production.
Education, prior work experience, and specialized skills and knowledge:
The position has a minimal education requirement of a high school degree or GED equivalent. The position requires a high degree of manual dexterity in order to handle small objects. Employee must be able to read .37M from the Graham-Field vision chart.
Physical requirements, i.e. vision, lifting, standing, sitting, etc, and environment/working conditions:
The position is in the production area and involves extended periods of sitting and standing throughout the day. The position also requires minimal lifting of up to 30lbs.
Equipment and machinery used:
The position requires the use of wire cutting tools, wire routers, wire crimping tools, wire spools, and other materials necessary to the production of KMM’s cable assembly products.
Other (e.g., customer contact or access to confidential information):
The employee must be trustworthy, honest, dependable, and able to work as part of a team. In addition, he or she must be self-motivated, able to multi-task and follow written and verbal instruction. The employee must exhibit excellent work ethics. The employee must comply with all KMM policies and adhere to KMM Mission Statement and Values.
KMM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug and alcohol free workplace.