The purpose of this position is to provide materials as needed to programs and to know and understand the purchasing and customer requirements for assigned programs. The goal is to improve profits & cash flow through on-time supply of materials to internal customers and the reduction of inventory through accurate purchasing and supplier/order management. This includes using and understanding the KMM MRP system for purchasing and tracking orders, as well as a clear understanding of scheduling within the production schedules and contract requirements. This position requires that the individual be committed to process improvements, increasing production flow through providing on time materials, and increasing inventory turns. Perform all tasks involved in the Procurement department. This includes but is not limited to the duties and responsibilities listed below.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Review ordering list in the KMM MRP system, especially noting any past due orders/changes from the previous day
- Review and recognize demand anomalies in the KMM MPR system and communicate anomalies to the Director of Supply Chain and Materials Management and other applicable parties (Program Manager, Manufacturing Supervisor, Planner, etc.)
- Process approved requisitions
- Process Kanban cards
- Generate purchase orders for material from the KMM MRP system, Kanban cards, and approved requisitions
- Send material for special processing (screening, testing, tinning, programming, packaging, etc.)
- Initiate and maintain material shortage tracking
- Review the order move in list in the KMM MRP system and move orders in as needed to meet internal schedules
- Send late order lists to suppliers and update dates in the KMM MRP system
- Review and confirm any unconfirmed purchase orders as indicated in the KMM MRP system– weekly.
- Attend the Supplier Review Board (SRB) meeting for any issues relating to supplier quality, delivery, communication, etc.
- Request Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCARs)
- Take any delegated action for Notices of Escape (NOEs)
- Pack slip generation for sending material to suppliers and/or customers
- Maintain customer portal access and use for customer requirements regarding material source requirements, revisions, and communication
- Initiate and/or participate in supplier and customer communication
- Participate in Kaizen events
- Participate in internal and external Corrective Actions (CAs)
- Process items on the receiving on-hold status
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- The position requires that one of the following education/experience conditions be met:
- Associate Degree (or equivalent credit hours) in Business / Accounting.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in Procurement or Accounting.
- Proficient professional computer skills including keyboarding, use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proficient professional skills in Microsoft Dynamics and Access will be required following a reasonable training period.
- Accurate mathematical calculation skills and abilities.
- Ability to adapt to frequent interruptions, deadlines, and stressful situations.
- Strong ability to communicate (verbally and written) fluently in the English language.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
- This position requires the daily use of a computer and computer related software. The employee must be able to accurately and proficiently enter and retrieve data as needed for the job tasks.
- Standard office equipment such as copiers, calculators etc., will be used.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle.
- This position may require extended periods of sitting for daily computer operations.
- The ability to assist with cycle counts and/or inventory requirements may occasionally require to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- Requires ability to use telephone for extended periods to interact with suppliers and customers.
- Must have the ability to use a computer keyboard to transfer data as needed to computer programs.
- Ability to see written documents and a computer screen.
- Occasional travel to various KMM facilities to perform the functions of the job is a primary function. This position requires a current driver’s license.
- This position requires the mobility to move throughout the facilities, stamina, and ability to deal with stressful situations.
Ability to work flexible hours is also required.