The purpose of this job is to organize, negotiate, and manage supplier contracts for material and services provided to KMM in order to optimize service levels to internal and external customers and reduce and control supply chain costs. It is the responsibility of this position to know and understand the purchasing requirements for the applicable programs within KMM including but not limited to: platforms, longevity, customer base, budget, internal and customer schedule, material and supplier quality requirements, receiving inspection requirements, and laws and regulations. This includes using and understanding the KMM MRP system for researching demand, entering material, purchasing, and supplier information, tracking orders, reviewing forecast, and monitoring inventory. This position also requires that the individual be committed to process improvements, reduction of overall material costs (direct, inventory, shipping, labor, payment terms etc.) and improvement of Supply Chain metrics. The Strategic Sourcing Analyst will conduct themselves in a professional manner and at all times be responsive and respectful.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Weekly SRB (Supplier Review Board) meeting participation as necessary
- Request SCARs (Supplier Corrective Action Request) as necessary
- Conduct Supplier negotiations as necessary including but not limited to:
- Commodity pricing
- Minimum buys and shipment quantities
- Terms and conditions of sale and purchase
- Material stocking and/or pipelining
- Contract longevity
- Contract price adjustments
- Customer portal access and use as necessary
- Supplier contact via phone, email, etc. as required
- Customer contact via phone, email, etc. as required
- Special supplier, customer, and/or KMM material projects as designated
- Program and platform quoting as received
- Price variation documentation, tracking, and submittal as necessary
- Yearly program/platform material budget creation and improvement in conjunction with Program Manager, Procurement Coordinator, and Supply Chain Director
- Set up, update, and maintain supplier and material information in the KMM MRP system as necessary in conjunction with Procurement Coordinator and Supply Chain Director
- Supplier name, address, payment terms, etc.
- Material cost, inventory ABC code, receiving inspection level, shipment quantities, primary vendor, etc.
- Participate in KMM and customer corrective actions as requested
- Contract term alignment in conjunction with Procurement Coordinator (between customer, KMM, and supplier)
- Newly awarded program/platform
- Renewed program/platform
- Customer or supplier change request in material, cost, quality, payment, quantity, schedule etc.
- At minimum, annual review of all supplier contracts to ensure that pricing, shipments, terms, quality requirement, payments, etc. are in line with KMM and KMM’s customers.
- Maintain real-time list of all current contracts and associated materials and services
- Customer requirements compliance and assurance for all quoting activities
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by job task.
- Adhere to all KMM safety policies and practices as well as manufacturer recommendations on operation of all equipment and tools
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required
- This individual has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- The position requires that one of the following education/experience conditions be met:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Accounting, Engineering or related field. Experience in business management, accounting, negotiation, contract management, engineering, electrical technology, drafting or related field is preferred but not required.
- Associate’s Degree in Business Management, Accounting, Engineering or related field AND two years of experience in business management, accounting, negotiation, contract management, engineering, electrical technology, drafting or related field.
- Three years of experience in business, accounting, negotiation, contract management, engineering, electrical technology, drafting or related field.
- The individual must exhibit the ability to understand and demonstrate basic accounting skills.
- The individual must exhibit the ability to understand direct and soft costs, profit and loss, and time value of money.
- The individual must exhibit the ability to understand basic contract law.
- The individual must exhibit the ability to confidently negotiate.
- The individual must exhibit the ability to review and understand customer specifications.
- The individual must exhibit the ability to organize and prioritize tasks to finish projects on tight schedules, and adapt to frequent changes.
- The position requires the employee to have proficient computer skills as well as knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics and Access will be required following a reasonable training period.
- The position requires self-motivation, accuracy with numbers, and proficient keyboarding skills as well the ability to work as a team member with other employees and departments.
- The position requires the ability to handle frequent interruptions and high-pressure situations and to have the ability to communicate effectively and clearly with employees, suppliers and customers.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
- Requires the daily use of a computer and computer related software. Must be able to accurately and proficiently enter and retrieve data as needed for the job tasks.
- Standard office equipment such as copiers, calculators etc. will be used, etc.
- This position may require extended periods of sitting for daily computer tasks.
- Employee must have the ability to use a computer and related software to transfer data as needed to computer programs.
- Requires the ability to see written documents on a computer screen.
- Position may require extensive phone use with the ability to interact with suppliers and customers. The use of standard office equipment will be required.
This position may require travel to other KMM sites to support those operations.