Job Title: Maintenance/Cleaning
Summary of duties and responsibilities:
This job requires working evenings and some weekends when needed. Some functions may be seasonal and include light yard work such as mowing, weeding, planting in flowerbeds, hauling hoses for watering, and trimming around the facility. Daily tasks involve general cleaning of one or more of KMM facilities, which includes but are not limited to the duties and responsibilities listed below.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Cleaning restrooms and break rooms daily
• Washing walls and vents as needed
• Collecting and properly disposing of garbage
• Operating light duty cleaning equipment as needed
• Washing and cleaning windows as needed
• Cleaning outside Cigarette tanks once a week
• Wash mops once a month
• Wash towels from break room every other week
• Order supplies and distribute
• Dust facility once a week
• This individual has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks
• Maintenance of heating system
• Maintenance of Air Compressors and Vacuum Pumps
• Equipment maintenance , this includes building, yard and various production equipment tasks
• Understanding and maintaining all Roof Top Units and maintenance of heating and cooling units
• Outside maintenance of various Dickinson facilities yards, including mowing
• Maintenance of KMM mowers, snow blowers and any such equipment or tools needed to effectively perform the required functions.
• Snow Removal and scheduling of outside contractors as needed.
• Vehicle maintenance schedules
• Ensure that outside lights are set and working to provide safe and well lighted parking areas.
• Verify that outside plug ins are functioning properly
• Maintenance of Building Interiors
Moving equipment and/or furniture as needed
Building production support items and help design tooling
Maintain and assist in cleaning lighting fixtures as needed
Maintaining and operating floor equipment such as buffers and floor machines
• Assist in the development and construction of tooling, work stations or any items needed to assist the elimination of waste throughout the facility and company as needed.
• Perform Calibration of tools and benches on an as needed basis.
• Cleaning and janitorial functions as needed
• This individual has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks
*Performs other related duties and assignments as required
Education, prior work experience, and specialized skills and knowledge:
• This position requires a mechanical aptitude and the ability to identify, maintain and correct any number of facility issues.
• Education or prior work experience or training in the operation of heating and cooling systems is preferred
• Education or previous experience in a mechanical or electrical field is preferred
• Carpentry or building skills
• Boiler certification is required
Physical requirements, i.e. vision, lifting, standing, sitting, etc, and environment/working conditions:
• Requires stooping, bending and lifting of 25-50 lbs.
• Operation of floor maintenance equipment including buffers, floor cleaner and mops
• Ability to operate various equipment including mowers, tractors, riding and push, and snow removal equipment including shoveling and sweeping
• Ability to climb ladders
• Work outside in summer and winter as needed for yard maintenance and snow removal.
• Some early morning, late evenings or weekends may be required as needed for production support and outside maintenance.
• Meeting of physical requirements as set forth in medical competency standards for this position.
• Physical movements to perform the janitorial functions as needed
Guide for Individual Tasks: (Not intended to be the only requirements to be performed.)
• Maintenance of Heating and Cooling system: Keep heating and cooling units operational
• Maintenance of Air Compressors and Vacuum Pumps to include: Schedule oil and filter changes. Monitor condensation levels. Maintain belts. Maintain air dryers and coolers.
• Maintenance of Roof Top Units and heating and cooling units at all KMM locations and buildings: Order and replace intake filters quarterly. Clean intake filter three times a summer. Clean belts every filter change. Do visual survey of unit every filter change for fans, belts, and noise. Seal roof in spots that are needed.
• Exterior of Facility Maintenance: Keep the outside grounds free of litter, bugs, etc. Mow the lawn on regular basis. Always use protective equipment. Spraying for weeds: Spray lawns with Amein in the spring and the fall of the year. Spot spray lawns between spring and fall. Weed Control: use Round-up for all weeds off the lawn. Disconnect and drain water hoses in fall and store for winter. Clean decks as needed.
• Mower Maintenance: Change oil filters in midsummer and fall. Clean mowers during oil change. Add Stabil to all tanks and gas cans before winter.
• Snow Removal: Remove snow from sidewalks, Put salt down for ice. Service and maintain snow blower. Set up snow removal in Main parking lot.
• Vehicles: Service pickup and Suburban every 3,000 miles. “Stan normally for repairs”. Clean inside every three months or when needed. Clean outside when needed. Check and add fluids when needed. Gas up when needed.
• Lights: Adjust outside light timers seasonally.
• Interior of Facility: Check and replace lights throughout the Dickinson facility. Check and control thermostats, humistats, and dampers for rooftop vents. Paint when needed. Fix and maintain tile floors. Build things for production use and building as needed or required. Keep plumbing working in facilities and repair as needed. Moving furniture and equipment in and to other facilities. Help Cells with special projects. Unload truck shipments, drive forklift occasionally as needed.
Equipment and machinery used:
• Floor buffer-zamboni
• Mop and other cleaning related items
• Lawn Mower
• Snow Blower and/or shovel
• Small tractor
• Washer and Dryer
• Air compressor
• Variety of power tools (jig saw, grinder, circular saw, drills, table saw, etc.)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
• Oral communication—the individual communicates clearly and respectfully with others and avoids situations that are negative and potentially destructive to the team environment. The individual communicates with the team to effectively provide input for process improvements and lean activities to enhance product and work environment. The individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
● Time Management skills—the individual effectively manages work time to ensure that they are engaged and focused to provide a quality product in the allocated timeframe. The individual must be able to effectively manage their time to avoid unnecessary absenteeism or time away from the work area.
• Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions. The individual understands the complexity and importance of the job function and is willing to seek assistance where needed.
• Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
Other (e.g., customer contact or access to confidential information):
It is KMM’s expectation that the employee will know, understand and adhere to all KMM policies, procedures, standards of conduct and adhere to KMM Mission Statement and Values. They must be trustworthy, honest, dependable, and able to work and be a part of the teamwork environment at KMM. In addition the employee must be self motivated and exemplify good attention to detail and be able to handle job pressure and interruptions. There may be times where extra hours are necessary to meet customer delivery requirements.
The continued success of KMM is reliant upon the engagement of employees to provide continuous improvements through lean activities and process improvement activities and recommendations. Quality of product is paramount to KMM and the employee’s continued employment and as such the ability to perform the functions of the job will be evaluated on a regular basis to ensure that these requirements are met.
Communication and transparency are critical to the success of this position. The ____ successful candidate must foster a culture of commitment and proactive response to any KMM coworker or customer.
As a KMM employee it is an expectation that you will treat coworkers with respect and will refrain from any comments or actions at work, in public or on public networking sites that could be considered as liable or degrading to KMM or your fellow employees.
The employee is representing KMM as a leader and/or through their contact with customers, vendors and fellow employees and is expected to present themselves in a professional manner at all times.
This position requires a certain level of independence and self assurance as well as critical thinking for decision making.
This position is considered a leadership position and as such is a representative of KMM and is therefore expected to be performed in a professional manner at all times.
This position may require travel for training, to customers and/or other KMM facilities as needed and this may include working at other locations periodically and/or possibly for extended periods of time to support operations and fulfill job requirements In the event that a KMM vehicle is not available for use the employee will be required to provide their own transportation.
This job description is not intended as a written contract or a promise of continued employment but a guide to job duty requirements. Other tasks or duties may be assigned as needed to perform the daily operations to provide customer satisfaction and a quality product.
KMM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug, Alcohol and Weapons Free Workplace.