The purpose of this facility is to ensure that all cleaning and maintenance functions have been addressed to provide a safe and clean working environment. This job is to perform routine and extensive range of work in the repair and general maintenance of the facility, building and equipment under general supervision. The primary responsibility of the maintenance personnel is to ensure that the other employees in the facility are able to work comfortably in a safe and clean environment.
This job requires working evenings and some weekends when needed. Some functions may be seasonal and include yard work such as mowing and trimming around the facility, and the removal of snow from the sidewalks, door entrances and parking areas,
Primary duties and responsibilities Included but not limited to:
Performing repair or general Maintenance work of the facility, grounds and equipment including electrical, carpentry, plumbing and painting tasks as needed. Ensure that the KMM facility meets the safety guidelines provided by the federal and state authorities. Oversight and scheduling of KMM cleaning and maintenance staff. Oversight of contract cleaning employees to ensure that items on the Contract Check List are completed and done correctly Performing cleaning and janitorial function of all areas of the facility as needed which includes sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, etc., and fulfillment of contract cleaning duties when needed Maintain various supplies and distribute as needed, including laundry of mops and break room towels Maintenance of heating system Maintenance of Air Compressors and Vacuum Pumps Understanding and maintaining all Roof Top Units and maintenance of heating and cooling units Maintenance of KMM mowers, snow blowers and any such equipment or tools needed to effectively perform the required functions. Snow removal and scheduling of outside contractors as needed. Track vehicle maintenance schedules and ensure all vehicles are in safe operating order, including proper tire maintenance. Ensure that outside lights are set and working to provide safe and well lighted parking areas. Verify that outside plug ins are functioning properly
Maintenance of Building Interiors
Moving equipment and/or furniture as needed
Building production support items and help design tooling
Maintain and assist in cleaning lighting fixtures as needed
Maintaining and operating floor equipment such as buffers and floor machines Assist in the development and construction of tooling, work stations or any items needed to assist the elimination of waste throughout the facility and company as needed. Perform Calibration of tools and benches on an as needed basis. This individual has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks
*Performs other related duties and assignments as required
Education, prior work experience, and specialized skills and knowledge:
This position requires a mechanical aptitude and the ability to identify, maintain and correct any number of facility issues. Education or prior work experience or training in the operation of heating and cooling systems is preferred Education or previous experience in a mechanical or electrical field is preferred Carpentry or building skills required Boiler certification is required Can follow oral and written instructions Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships A valid driver’s license Critical thinker and problem solving capabilities Mechanical knowledge which includes knowledge of tools and materials
Physical requirements, i.e. vision, lifting, standing, sitting, etc, and environment/working conditions:
Requires stooping, bending and lifting of 25-50 lbs and past the fit test requirements. Operation of floor maintenance equipment including buffers, floor cleaner and mops Ability to operate various equipment including mowers, tractors, riding and push, and snow removal equipment including shoveling and sweeping Ability to climb ladders Work outside in summer and winter as needed for yard maintenance and snow removal. Some early morning, late evenings or weekends may be required as needed for production support and maintenance. Physical movements to perform the janitorial functions as needed Must be able to pass required physical and background check
Guide for Individual Tasks: (Intended as a guide only for some functions to be performed.)
Maintenance of Heating and Cooling system: Keep heating and cooling units operational
Maintenance of Air Compressors and Vacuum Pumps to include: Schedule oil and filter changes. Monitor condensation levels. Maintain belts. Maintain air dryers and coolers.
Maintenance of Roof Top Units and heating and cooling units at all KMM locations and buildings: Order and replace intake filters quarterly. Clean intake filter three times a summer. Clean belts every filter change. Do visual survey of unit every filter change for fans, belts, and noise. Seal roof in spots that are needed.
Exterior of Facility Maintenance: Keep the outside grounds free of litter, bugs, etc. Mow the lawn on regular basis. Always use protective equipment. Spraying for weeds: Spray lawns with Amein in the spring and the fall of the year. Spot spray lawns between spring and fall. Weed Control: use Round-up for all weeds off the lawn. Disconnect and drain water hoses in fall and store for winter. Clean decks as needed.
Mower Maintenance: Change oil filters in midsummer and fall. Clean mowers during oil change. Add Stabil to all tanks and gas cans before winter.
Snow Removal: Remove snow from sidewalks, Put salt down for ice. Service and maintain snow blower. Set up snow removal in Main parking lot.
Service Vehicles: Monitor and schedule needed KMM vehicles for service every 3,000 miles. “Clean inside every three months or when needed. Clean outside when needed. Check and add fluids when needed. Gas up when needed.
Lights: Adjust outside light timers seasonally.
Interior of Facility: Check and replace lights throughout the Dickinson facility. Check and control thermostats, humistats, and dampers for rooftop vents. Paint when needed. Fix and maintain tile floors. Build things for production use and building as needed or required. Keep plumbing working in facilities and repair as needed. Moving furniture and equipment in and to other facilities. Help Cells with special projects. Unload truck shipments, drive forklift occasionally as needed.
Equipment and machinery used:
Floor buffer-zamboni Mop and other cleaning related items Lawn Mower Snow Blower and/or shovel Small tractor Washer and Dryer Air compressor Variety of power tools (jig saw, grinder, circular saw, drills, table saw, etc.)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Have the ability to assist production with solutions for tooling and equipment development and fabrication.
• Oral communication—the individual communicates clearly and respectfully with others and avoids situations that are negative and potentially destructive to the team environment. The individual communicates with the team to effectively provide input for process improvements and lean activities to enhance product and work environment. The individual speaks clearly and respectfully at all times including stressful situations. The individual can work effectively with all levels of coworkers and can communicate in clear, understandable and concise language. The individual must be able to effectively communicate through various forms of communication both written and verbal and internal and external. Time Management skills—the individual effectively manages work time to ensure that they are engaged and focused to provide -quality and productive work in the allocated timeframe. The individual must be able to effectively manage their time to avoid unnecessary absenteeism or time away from the work area.
• Leadership—the individual inspires others to perform well and is willing to accept feedback from others. This individual must be able to show leadership through personal actions and a good solid work ethic that promotes teamwork and enthusiasm. The ability to listen and understand problems and issues clearly and to recognize subordinate or coworker problem, issues and frustrations with processes to assist in resolving these problems is critical to this function. The individual understands and practices a servant leadership attitude and treats everyone with respect and understanding while providing guidance, assistance and direction.
• Time Management skills—the individual effectively manages work time to ensure that they are engaged and focused to provide a quality product in the allocated timeframe. The individual must be able to effectively manage their time to avoid unnecessary absenteeism or time away from the work area.
• Management skills—the individual can effectively manage projects or programs through effective time management and ensure that critical issues are resolved in a timely manner.
Effective organization skills and daily attention to the elimination of waste in personal, department, and production processes is required.
• Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. The individual is engaged with the facility operation requirements to assist in providing proper functioning tools and a safe clean work environment to assist the production departments in providing a quality product to the customers.
• Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions. The individual understands the complexity and importance of the job function and is willing to seek assistance where needed.
• Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Lean / Process Improvements – the individual has an understanding of the lean environment goals and is actively engaged in process improvements in all areas of responsibility.
• Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly and is a member of the facility safety committee
It is KMM’s expectation that the employee will know, understand and adhere to all KMM policies, procedures, standards of conduct and adhere to KMM Mission Statement and Values. They must be trustworthy, honest, dependable, and able to work and be a part of the teamwork environment at KMM. In addition the employee must be self motivated and exemplify good attention to detail and be able to handle job pressure and interruptions. There may be times where extra hours are necessary to meet customer delivery requirements.
The continued success of KMM is reliant upon the engagement of employees to provide continuous improvements through lean activities and process improvement activities and recommendations. Quality of product is paramount to KMM and the employee’s continued employment and as such the ability to perform the functions of the job will be evaluated on a regular basis to ensure that these requirements are met.
Communication and transparency are critical to the success of this position. The ____ successful candidate must foster a culture of commitment and proactive response to any KMM coworker or customer.
As a KMM employee it is an expectation that you will treat coworkers with respect and will refrain from any comments or actions at work, in public or on public networking sites that could be considered as liable or degrading to KMM or your fellow employees.
The employee is representing KMM as a leader and/or through their contact with customers, vendors and fellow employees and is expected to present themselves in a professional manner at all times.
This position requires a certain level of independence and self assurance as well as critical thinking for decision making.
This position is considered a leadership position and as such is a representative of KMM and is therefore expected to be performed in a professional manner at all times.
This position may require travel for training, to customers and/or other KMM facilities as needed and this may include working at other locations periodically and/or possibly for extended periods of time to support operations and fulfill job requirements In the event that a KMM vehicle is not available for use the employee will be required to provide their own transportation.
This job description is not intended as a written contract or a promise of continued employment but a guide to job duty requirements. Other tasks or duties may be assigned as needed to perform the daily operations to provide customer satisfaction and a quality product.
KMM is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D and a Drug, Alcohol and Weapons Free Workplace.