The purpose of this position is to negotiate and manage customer contracts with KMM including but not limited to long-term agreements, multi-year contracts, stand-alone contracts and statements of work. It is the responsibility of the Contracts Coordinator to complete all customer surveys. To maintain all government registrations required for contract purposes (i.e. SAMS, ITAR). This position is required to monitor internal and external performance metrics and coordinate corrective measures as needed. The Contracts Coordinator is also required to provide oversight and guidance to the planning, contracts, document and shipping functions including demand analysis, factory scheduling, document configuration baseline, program status and contract review/production readiness review.
This positon requires the knowledge and understanding of contract negotiations, contract terms and conditions, planning and master scheduling and the effect of accurate data for KMM procurement activities to be able to provide material on time for the production process and the ability of production to meet the customer expectations and schedules. This position requires interaction and communication with KMM’s customers to keep them updated on the status of the contracts. The Contracts Coordinator must represent KMM in a professional manner at all times, be responsive, and respectful, to customers and coworkers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain active registrations with DDTC (ITAR), System for Award Management (SAM) and act as an Exostar account administrator
- Complete all customer surveys, RFIs and annual representations and certifications
- Assist in sales forecasting, budgeting and reporting
- Update and maintain internal performance metrics related to the contract role
- Track and submit customer contract assertions
- Oversee the implementation of customer data changes and ensure any resulting cost impacts have contract coverage by the customer
- Oversee the submittal & tracking of Action log inquiries (SIR, Query note, etc.) in order to bring closure to action logs
- Oversee and Train MRP Duties
- Enter Sales Orders and Sales Order Releases
- Open and/or release manufacturing orders based upon customer forecasts
- Maintain dates on open and released manufacturing orders and picklists
- Transfer Sales Orders to Invoice (pack slips) in Dynamics and communicate with shipping personnel
- Oversee the Monitoring of part shortages that affect production scheduling and work with procurement to resolve shortages
- Oversee the requesting of updates to customer contractual delivery dates prior to shipping to avoid late delivery hits
- Monitor customer scorecard data and take corrective measures where needed
- Oversee Contract Review and Production Readiness Reviews
- Update and maintain any contract related QMS documents
- Provide accurate written and oral communication to internal and external customers
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Report contract activity to KMM Leadership Team as needed
- Assist/facilitate in contract negotiations with customers
- Coordinate all contract, planning, document control and shipping activity amongst assigned personnel and provide oversight & accountability.
- Perform the duties of Security officer per established procedures
- Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Business Administration required or 7 years of related work experience considered in lieu of the preferred degree.
- Proven Organizational skills with a Results Driven positive attitude.
- Ability to Type and input Data Entry information with a limited number of errors, in a timely manner.
- Attention to Detail; Thoroughness and Ability to maintain Confidentiality.
- Ability to Analyze and incorporate Problem solving and Decision Making Skills.
- Self-Starter that is comfortable working independently, but is also a team player.
- Ability to grasp new concepts and material quickly (quick learner) and maintain consistent and high energy level to complete projects on time.
- Competent phone and computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office Products, and Microsoft Dynamics.
- Ability and comfortable working in a close-knit, team environment where attitude and work ethic matter.
- Ability to effectively and fluently communicate (verbally and written) in the English language
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
- Requires the daily use of a computer and computer related software. Must be able to accurately and proficiently enter and retrieve data as needed for the job tasks.
- Standard office equipment such as telephone, copiers, calculators, etc., are used.
- Must be able to enter and retrieve data with accuracy and proficiency into the computer using standard keyboard.
- Daily activities may include extended periods (4 hours or longer) of sitting and entering data into the computer system.
Ability to clearly communicate verbally and written in the English language and will require frequent use of phone, e-mail, and other standard office communication devices.