The purpose of this position is to provide guidance and support to KMM operations in the area of Information Technology. It is the individual’s responsibility to provide a work environment where coworkers have the tools and training to build a quality product. The IT Technician goal is to improve profits & cash flow through effective and operational IT systems that allow coworkers to produce a quality product with minimal delays or issues due to unnecessary computer system downtimes. Additional responsibilities include communicating concise and clear data to aid in waste elimination, providing a stable workflow that meets program schedules and improves processes, and assisting the team in process improvements. IT Technicians are also expected to provide input for training needs that aid in the collection, analysis, reporting and monitoring of defect data which ensures a quality product is produced through teamwork. The IT Technician is responsible for the overall performance of all systems delegated to their oversight.
Perform all tasks involved in maintaining and updating KMM’s network systems and computers. This includes the analysis of end user needs to establish the appropriate system configurations in hardware and software. In addition duties include the setup of computer hardware, software, and drivers and installation of programs. Coordinate with other departments to develop curriculum and provide training in various programs for supervisors and end users. Communicate effectively with all departments and management to solve any technical issues. The position requires a willingness to learn about any hardware or software used in the KMM network. This position summary reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and also includes but is not limited to the duties and responsibilities listed below.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform tasks involved in maintaining and updating KMM’s network servers, software, workstations and network peripherals.
- Installation and updating of computer programs.
- Research new technologies, hardware, and software that will improve the KMM IT infrastructure to enhance efficiency and productivity and/or reduce operating costs.
- Printer maintenance and troubleshooting knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of other applications such as Windows Server and various website design interfaces would be preferable.
- A basic understanding at the technician level of hardware such as desktops, laptops, network switches and routers, servers, printers, scanners, copiers, and fax machines.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- A strong willingness to learn about the ever changing technology and support systems utilized at KMM.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proficiency and at least an intermediate skill/knowledge at the support level in MS Office
- Knowledge of and proficiency in other Word Processor, Spreadsheet, Database, and Email applications would also be preferable.
- Proficiency and at least an intermediate skill/knowledge at the support level in current Windows operating systems.
- Proficiency and at least an intermediate skill/knowledge at the support level in Microsoft Hyper-V Virtual Technology
- Quality Management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. The individual is engaged in the operation requirements to provide a quality product in all steps of the process. The individual can understand and follow all quality requirements and will seek assistance where necessary.
- Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions. The individual understands the complexity and importance of the job function and is willing to seek assistance where needed. This individual must have the ability to listen and engage others to understand and ensure that decisions affecting them have their input and ideas evaluated.
- Planning/Organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Lean / Process Improvements – the individual has an understanding of the lean environment goals and is actively engaged in process improvements in all areas of responsibility.
- Safety and Security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
- Any computer or network hardware and software utilized in KMM’s network systems.
- Hand tools that would be common for installing wiring, networking devices, and peripherals
- This job will require working handling various computers in the course of programming and set up
- This includes the physical aspects of wiring as required to set up workstations.
- The use of a ladder or lying on the floor may also become necessary while installing/maintaining systems at KMM.
- Lifting and moving hardware from racks, maintaining airports and wiring as needed.
- The employee will also be required to travel for training and work-related purposes. This travel may at times require the employee to provide their own transpiration as needed.
This position may require lifting of 50-75 lbs with reasonable accommodation.