The Recruiter position is an advanced position in the Human Resources Department. This position requires a clear understanding and practice of KMM’s values and goals. The Recruiter should have or develop an intimate knowledge of KMM’s culture, benefits, policies and procedures. The Recruiter serves as a trusted talent acquisition partner to support KMM’s strategic hiring objectives and is responsible for sourcing, networking, interviewing, qualifying and referring applicants to the appropriate departments and programs. As a member of the HR team it is a requirement that a positive and supportive attitude is displayed at all times.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Recruiting, On-Boarding, & Orientation
- Lead recruitment activities, screening and evaluations of applications to ensure they meet the job requirements
- Coordinate, schedule, or conduct interviews evaluating the candidate based on the compiled data
- Extend offers of employment when authorized or directed.
- Lead the development of staffing strategies.
- Development and implementation of hiring processes and screening for a variety of levels from temporary staffing to executive placement.
- Assist in the evaluation of the effectiveness of current staffing systems, tracking reporting, and method of analysis.
- Identification sourcing and recruiting initiatives and processes to leverage networking and employee referrals.
- Management of relationships with recruiting agencies and programs including work-study and internships.
- Conduct all pre-screening required prior to extending offer of employment or conditional offer of employment including background checks and pre-employment physicals as required by position.
- Coordinate, schedule, and perform new hire paperwork including drug testing.
- Assist in the management of employee relocation, reduction in force and/or product relocation to ensure that all policies, procedures and applicable laws are followed.
- Involvement in new employee orientation and training.
- Records Management
- Accurate entry of applicant and employee information into designated HRIS.
- Assist in maintaining electronic employee records by scanning and saving documents into the appropriate folders.
- Assist in updating records when needed including HRIS and other electronic records
- Employee Relations
- Develop positive working relationships with KMM employees, supervisors, and leaders.
- Work Place Safety
- Perform new hire, random, reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing per KMM policy.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by job task
- Adhere to all KMM safety policies and practices as well as manufacturer recommendations for operation of all equipment and tools.
- Ensure all safety concerns are reported to the appropriate personnel, Safety Coordinator, and HR Director.
- Maintain confidentiality on all personnel and payroll matters and information.
- Seek direction and guidance from Human Resources Professional or Human Resources Director when needed.
- Career development/Continuing Education- stay current on legislative & regulatory issues related to Human Resources and seek out continuing education opportunities to advance knowledge base & competency.
- Communicate all potential containment or compliance issues immediately.
- Other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Solid understanding of HR concepts in talent acquisition, employment law, and employee relations.
- Ability to generate candidate flow for multiple roles utilizing a variety of sourcing techniques.
- Excellent skills to source, interview, negotiate, and communicate both written and verbally.
- Strong computer skills including fluency with MS Office Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- High energy, ability to work at a fast paced environment, great people skills, honesty and integrity, and a sense of humor.
- Works well under pressure to meet multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- The ability to manage positive interactions to provide service to internal and external stakeholders to support KMM.
- The ability to contribute to initiatives and processes within KMM.
- The ability to value and consider perspectives, opinions, and backgrounds of all internal and external stakeholders.
- The ability to role model KMM core values, integrity, and accountability while representing KMM.
- The ability to perform critical evaluation of information in a fair and unbiased manner to make business decisions and recommendations.
- The ability to understand and apply information from other departments within KMM in order to contribute to the overall well-being of KMM.
- The ability to communicate (verbally and written) fluently in the English language.
- Membership and active involvement in the Southwest Area Human Resources Group (SAHRA).
These requirements may be temporarily adjusted or modified at the time of the opening and will be based on current labor availability and staffing needs. In these instances it is expected the employee will be able to meet all requirements within 180 days of accepting the position.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
- This position requires the daily use of a computer and computer related software. The employee must be able to accurately and proficiently enter and retrieve data as needed for the job tasks.
- Standard office equipment such as copiers, calculators, etc. will be used
- Automobile to travel to other facilities when required.
- The Human Resource Department can be demanding and stressful at times, this position requires the ability to understand and work through the demands and stress as needed and set the example for behavior in doing so.
- Frequent travel to various KMM facilities to perform the functions of the job is a primary function. The employee must have a current driver’s license and ability to drive personal vehicle or KMM vehicle.
- This requires the mobility, stamina and ability to deal with stressful situations, travel and to work flexible hours when needed to support employees and programs.
- This position requires the ability to sit for long periods of time when needed as well as the ability to move freely throughout the facilities.
- Must have the ability to read, follow and understand instructions as well as have the motivation to learn multiple functions and do them in a timely and accurate manner.
KMM strives to have a paperless system whenever possible and to accomplish this, the HR professional must have the ability to use a computer and computer related equipment.