The purpose of this position is to perform inspection and receiving on incoming product at KMM. It is imperative to this position that processes and procedures are followed and that communication with procurement and production is clear and concise to support an effective Quality Management System. The Receiving Inspector goal is to improve profits & cash flow, and they will have the responsibility to strive to eliminate waste, provide a stable workflow while meeting program schedules and improving processes, and monitor and ensure that a quality product is produced through teamwork. To do this, the Receiving Inspector is responsible for the overall performance of all program production delegated to their oversight.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform inspections on material from suppliers and receive into system per procedures.
- Understand and provide the necessary assistance for Supplier Review Board activities.
- Perform Sampling Inspection per procedures.
- Process nonconforming material per procedures.
- Develop a working knowledge of receiving’s responsibilities in purchasing procedures as they relate to receiving.
- Perform First Article activity per procedures.
- Monitor & update On-Hold Status.
- Monitor incoming shipments, and notify affected parties of any early or late deliveries.
- Understand all aspects of purchase order requirements as it pertains to receiving of materials and the quality requirements.
- Understand and verify that Purchase Order Terms and Conditions flown down to supplier have been met by supplier.
- Read and interpret drawings and other specification/requirements as it pertains to the receiving of materials.
- Understand and comply with all customer specific receiving requirements.
- Control and monitor inspection tooling to ensure optimum performance.
- Follow verbal and written instructions and procedures, including Quality Instructions and KMM Policies.
- Use computer and measurement equipment, and accurately enter data per procedures.
- Provide continuous improvements through lean and process improvement activities.
- Document and maintain data to support a performance based system.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by job task.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- The position requires the employee to become proficient with Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- The ability to work well with others, maintain a positive attitude and display good communication skills.
- Must have the ability to efficiently and accurately use various computer programs and demonstrate the ability to enter alpha and numeric data.
- Basic mathematical skills are required for simple math calculations and using of various measuring devices.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
The position requires the use of various hand tools and devises such items as digital caliper, pin gauges, and other measurement devices as needed depending on product requirements.
This position requires the daily use of a computer and computer related software. The employee must be able to accurately and proficiently enter and retrieve data as needed for the job tasks.
Standard office equipment such as copiers, calculators, etc. will be used.
- Daily activities may include extended periods of sitting and entering data into the computer system.
- This position requires some reaching and bending to remove and replace items on the receiving shelf or area they are to designated, this may include transportation to various locations throughout the facility.
- Have the ability and dexterity for handling small components.
Lifting from 10–50lbs, with occasional lifting over 50 lbs. with assistance to move material where required.