SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The purpose of this position is to provide guidance and support to the Quality Department in the area of the QA Lead CCA responsibility and to provide a work environment where coworkers have the tools, training and leadership to build a quality product. The QA Lead CCA goal is to assist in improving profits & cash flow through process improvements. They will have the responsibility to communicate concise and clear data to assist and strive to eliminate waste, provide a stable workflow while meeting program schedules and improving processes, to assist the team in process improvements and providing input to training needs through defect and process improvement data and to monitor and insure that a quality product is produced through teamwork. To do this, the QA Lead CCA is responsible for the overall performance of all program production delegated to their oversight.
The QA Lead CCA will conduct themselves in a professional manner and at all times be responsive and respectful.
Perform all tasks involved within Quality Assurance. This includes but is not limited to the duties and responsibilities listed below.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Current knowledge of customer requirements and industry standards.
- Continuously aware of customer specification changes/updates.
- Research, investigate, and interpret customer specifications, drawings, and related procedures/instructions.
- Ensure that all First Article Inspection (FAI) requirements are being met. This includes completing FAI forms and documentation.
- Per AS9102 – Aerospace First Article Inspection Requirement.
- Communicate all quality issues to the Quality Manager.
- Monitor inspection results (First Pass Yield) to identify possible quality trends, both positive and negative.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to company policies, procedures, and customer requirements and take steps necessary to address compliance issues.
- Monitor and report Quality Assurance scheduling and personnel issues.
- Develop and maintain the Quality Assurance Training Matrix.
- Assist Receiving and Final Inspection as needed.
- Assist with internal and external Corrective/Preventative Actions as needed.
- Perform Audits and Verifications when required.
- Communicate effectively with Production Team Leads, Operators, Trainer, Manufacturing Engineers, Program Manager, Quality Manager, and Source Inspectors/Customer Representatives.
- Must be willing to take a lead role in team problem solving and continuous improvement projects.
- This position requires a certain level of independence and self-assurance as oftentimes decisions are required without the opportunity for conclusion with immediate supervisors.
- Understand and communicate the KMM Quality Manual.
- Verify and approve Visual Aids as needed for QA purposes.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by job task.
- Adhere to all KMM safety policies and practices as well as manufacturer recommendations on operation of all equipment and tools
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required
- This individual has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- This position requires a clear understanding of Killdeer Mountain Manufacturing’s Quality Management System and procedures
- The position requires the employee to have proficient computer skills as well as knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- A working knowledge of required software that is used for specific tasks required.
- This position also requires the employee to demonstrate appropriate skill in communication with customers, suppliers, and fellow employees.
- This person will be expected to acquire an IPC-A-610 Certified IPC Specialist certificate within six months of starting the position.
- The employee shall demonstrate the ability to be detail oriented, have a strong attention to detail, and have the ability to handle stressful situations.
- Good attendance and the ability to work flexible hours and/or overtime are required.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED:
- The position requires use of digital caliper and pin gauges.
- This position requires the daily use of a computer and computer related software. The employee must be able to accurately and proficiently enter and retrieve data as needed for the job tasks.
- Standard office equipment such as copiers, calculators etc will be used, etc.
- The employee must be able to be able to move freely around the facility to perform the duties of this position
- Employee must be able to read .37M from the Graham-Field vision chart to be able to read component numbers, documents and measurement devices.
- Daily activities may include extended periods of sitting
- Entering data into the computer system using standard keyboard
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Analytical—the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information and can interpret the information as needed accurately to internal and external teammates. The individual can analyze work performed and verify accuracy and completion of tasks. This competency will be demonstrated through improved productivity, FPY, and an increase in certifications.
- Problem Solving—the individual identify and assist in the resolution of problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully by using knowledge gained through work experience and education. The individual provides process improvement ideas and solutions to problems and is proactive in addressing potential issues. The individual embraces the concept of team participation in problem solving and understands the importance of providing and seeking assistance when needed. This competency will be demonstrated through improved productivity, FPY, and an increase in certifications.
- Oral and Written Communication—the individual communicates clearly and respectfully with others and avoids situations that are negative and potentially destructive to the team environment. The individual communicates with the team to effectively provide input for process improvements and lean activities to enhance product and work environment. The individual speaks clearly and respectfully at all times including stressful situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings effectively. The individual can work effectively with all levels of coworkers and can communicate in clear, understandable and concise language. The individual must be able to effectively communicate through various forms of communication both written and verbal and internal and external.
- Delegation—the individual delegates work assignments based on individual competencies and contract or project needs, gives authority to work independently however retains the accountability for the outcome of the delegated tasks, sets expectations, timelines and monitors delegated activities.
- Leadership—the individual inspires others to perform well and is willing to accept feedback from others. This individual must be able to show leadership through personal actions and a good solid work ethic that promotes teamwork and enthusiasm. The ability to listen and understand problems and issues clearly and to recognize subordinate or coworker problem, issues and frustrations with processes to assist in resolving these problems is critical to this function. The individual understands and practices a servant leadership attitude and treats everyone with respect and understanding while providing guidance, assistance and direction.
- Time Management Skills—the individual effectively manages work time to ensure that they are engaged and focused to provide a quality product in the allocated timeframe. The individual must be able to effectively manage their time to avoid unnecessary absenteeism or time away from the work area. This competency will be demonstrated through improved productivity, FPY, and an increase in certifications.
- Management Skills—the individual can effectively manage projects or programs through effective time management and ensure that critical issues are resolved in a timely manner. Effective organization skills and daily attention to the elimination of waste in personal, department, and production processes is required. The individual includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement, makes self available to staff and provides regular performance feedback, has a plan for the development of subordinates’ skills and encourages growth within their organization.
- Quality Management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. The individual is engaged in the operation requirements to provide a quality product in all steps of the process. The individual can understand and follow all quality requirements and will seek assistance where necessary. The individual demonstrates an understanding of the importance of the quality of work necessary to meet the customer expectations and the importance of their function in that process. The individual meets the measurement for FPY where applicable and strives to make improvements where necessary.
- Judgment—the individual understands the complexity and importance of the job function and demonstrates this through quality work and attention to detail. The individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions. The individual is willing to seek assistance where needed. The individual shows good judgment by adherence to company policies and procedures. This competency will be demonstrated through improved productivity, FPY, and an increase in certifications.
- Planning/Organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently. The individual participates in 5S + Safety daily and keeps a clean and organized work area. This competency will be demonstrated through improved productivity, FPY, and an increase in certifications.
- Lean / Process Improvements – the individual has an understanding of the lean environment goals and is actively engaged in process improvements in all areas of responsibility.
- Safety and Security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly and provides assistance as needed to the Safety Committee.
It is KMM’s expectation that the employee will know, understand and adhere to all KMM policies, procedures, standards of conduct and adhere to KMM Mission Statement and Values. They must be trustworthy, honest, dependable, and able to work and be a part of the teamwork environment at KMM. In addition the employee must be self motivated and exemplify good attention to detail and strive for 100% quality as well as be able to handle the job pressure of schedules and customer changes as well as occasional interruptions. There may be times where extra hours are necessary to meet customer delivery requirements.
The continued success of KMM is reliant upon the engagement of employees to provide continuous improvements through lean activities and process improvement activities and recommendations. Quality of product is paramount to KMM and the employee’s continued employment and as such the ability to perform the functions of the job will be evaluated on a regular basis to ensure that these requirements are met.
Communication and transparency are critical to the success of this position. The CCA QA Lead must foster a culture of commitment and proactive response to any KMM coworker or customer. Clear communication with supervisors in regards to production understanding of the process is paramount to the program success and employee success.
As a KMM employee it is an expectation that you will treat coworkers with respect and will refrain from any comments or actions at work, in public or on public networking sites that could be considered as liable or degrading to KMM or your fellow employees. KMM has no tolerance for discriminatory behavior of any kind.
The employee is representing KMM as a leader and/or through their contact with customers, vendors, community members and fellow employees and is expected to present themselves in a professional manner at all times.
This position is considered a leadership position and as such is a representative of KMM and is therefore expected to be performed in a professional manner at all times.
This position may require travel for training, to customers and/or other KMM facilities as needed and this may include working at other locations periodically and/or possibly for extended periods of time to support operations and fulfill job requirements In the event that a KMM vehicle is not available for use the employee will be required to provide their own transportation.
This job description is not intended as a written contract or a promise of continued employment but a guide to job duty requirements. Other tasks or duties may be assigned as needed to perform the daily operations to provide customer satisfaction and a quality product.
This document is considered proprietary to KMM and may not be copied, transmitted or shared outside KMM without express written permission from the H. R. Director or KMM Executive Management.
KMM is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D and a Drug, Alcohol and Weapons Free Workplace