The Connector Prep positions primary goal is to provide support for production and prevent delays in schedules. This position should strive to continually eliminate waste, provide stable workflow, assist in process improvements, and monitor to insure that a quality product is being produced through teamwork.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Effectively communicate with your direct supervisor and team to keep track of workflow and staying on schedule.
- Inserting sealing plugs
- Work on a computer
- Read and understanding paper and digital instructions
- Install sleeving and wire IDs
- Assemble Kit Wire from sort boards
- Perform “Lay of Wire” process
- Continually look for ways to improve current standards, efficiency and productivity.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and an upbeat positive attitude.
- Assist with LEAN manufacturing by becoming a practitioner and assisting with the following:
- Trained to basic Lean principles and practices
- Make process improvements at the individual and unit level
- Apply Lean Problem Solving tools to projects at the individual and unit level
- Participate as a strong process improvement team member
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Employees must complete all external and internal required training within a reasonable amount of time and be able to perform the job functions with efficiency and quality work.
- Basic math skills defined as the ability to perform simple multiplication, division, addition, subtraction and measurements depending on the process step requirement are required.
- Reading comprehension – the ability to read, understand and follow written processes and instructions
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment.
- The ability to role model KMM core values, integrity, and accountability while representing KMM.
- Independently organize and complete assigned job duties with minimal supervision.
- Requires the ability to communicate (verbally and written) fluently in the English language.
- Microsoft Office proficiency, organizational ability, mental fortitude and honesty is required.
- These requirements may modified based on current labor availability and staffing needs. In these instances, the expectation is that the employee be able to meet all requirements within 180 days of accepting the position.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
- This position requires the daily use of a computer and related software. The employee must be able to accurately and proficiently enter and retrieve data as needed for the job tasks.
- Standard office equipment such as copiers, calculators etc. will be used.
- The position may require the use of a variety of small hand tools including but not limited to those listed below:
- cutting; crimping; connector insertion; extraction tools
- heat guns and infrared heat gun
- pneumatic hand operated crimp tool; various wrenches; torque and ratchet screwdrivers
- x-acto knives; scissors; hot tweezers
- other small hand tooling necessary for the production of KMM’s cable assembly products
- some chemicals as needed to perform required functions
- The position is in the production area and involves extended periods of sitting, moving freely throughout the facility and/or standing throughout the day depending on work processes being performed.
- Requires minimal lifting of up to 30lbs for transporting material to required destinations.
- Employee must be able to read .37M from the Graham-Field vision chart to be able to read various labels and tags in the process as well as measurements where needed.
- Requires a high degree of manual dexterity in order to handle small objects such as hand crimp and cutting tools.
- This position requires reaching, some bending or stooping depending on the process step.
- Distinguishes colors – Certain processes may require the ability to distinguish color codes for proper identification of wire and other materials needed in the production process.