The purpose of this position is to oversee the development and standardization to KMM proposal activities. This includes ensuring that documents are secure and in keeping with company standards, facilitating the proposal review and guidance of the final proposal draft. The Proposal Coordinator will work with all programs to oversee all proposal activities, including directing proposal personnel, managing proposal schedules and deadlines, developing proposal outline and compliance matrix, and monitoring the progress of the proposal.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Proposal Manager Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for distributing all bids and/or requests for quote to the appropriate facility and program.
- Reading and comprehending all customer terms and conditions and passing along critical information to Program Management.
- Entering the bid information into the Dynamics MRP system and setting up the initial bid folder.
- Producing and maintaining a Bid/Proposal directive or work instruction.
- Participating in the development and review of proposal strategies and themes, and manage the development of a Proposal Management Plan (PMP).
- Assisting in analyzing the RFP/bid requirements against the proposal outline to ensure both compliance and responsiveness to the customer’s issues and needs. Assist in building the proposal compliance matrix and tracking the fulfillment of all requirements of proposals when required by Program Management.
- Tracking of future areas of skill and capacity for each site and program in order to match the bid with the correct site and program..
- Providing support and direction to other bid team members as required, to ensure bid management provides an effective and value adding function throughout the company.
- Keeping and maintaining KMM Terms and Conditions of Sale to be sent out to customers upon receipt of bid and/or request for quote.
- Sending out and retaining confidentiality agreements between KMM and customers.
- Assisting Program Management in filling out customer surveys of RFIs (Requests for Information).
- Tracking of current and past assemblies to include:
- Material lead time
- Labor lead time
- Material actual costs
- Labor actual costs
- Last bid date
- Last bid price
- Last sales date
- Last sales price
- Tracking of all open bids and due dates
- Tracking of bids KMM wins, loses, and no-bids
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required
EDUCATION & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s degree with strong preference for Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related / applicable field and 3 years of Estimating and/or Finance experience OR
- 10 years of estimating / bidding experience and knowledge of and/or experience with federal regulations including but not limited to: FAR, DFAR, TINA, ITAR.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Access, Excel Programs and use of the Internet.
- This position requires exceptional Math, Organization, Grammar, Proofreading and Spelling abilities.
- Must be able to work in deadline-driven environments and work with others to complete projects.
- The ability to communicate clearly and professionally in both verbal and written format.
- This position requires the ability to understand and write detailed verbiage as needed for proposal activities
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with numbers and calculations.
- Ability to organize and maintain multiple lists and sets of information.
- The ability to handle frequent interruptions and changing situations.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
- Requires the daily use of a computer and computer related software. Must be able to accurately and proficiently enter and retrieve data as needed for the job tasks.
- No physical requirements.
This job description is not intended as a written contract or a promise of continued employment but a guide to job duty requirements. Other tasks or duties may be assigned as needed to perform the daily operations to provide customer satisfaction and a quality product. This document is considered proprietary to KMM and may not be copied, transmitted or shared outside KMM without express written permission from Human Resources and Upper Management.
KMM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug, Alcohol and Weapons Free Workplace.