The purpose of this position is to build production Circuit Card Assemblies (CCA) to the customer specifications and requirements. The production operator will have the responsibility to provide a quality product within the set time standards for the product or any step of the product production as needed. The goal of all operators is to strive to eliminate waste, provide a stable workflow, assist in process improvements, provide input to training needs through evaluation and understanding of defect and process improvement data and to monitor work to insure that a quality product is produced 100% of the time through teamwork. For teamwork, quality production, and production schedules to be met it is primary that all employees meet the attendance, productivity, and quality work requirements as well as adhere to all of KMM policies and procedures.
Perform all tasks involved in the production of KMM’s CCA products. This includes, but is not limited to, the duties and responsibilities listed below.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Each step is dependent upon what part of the process an operator is working on and may vary slightly from program to program.
- The ability to read and follow instructions is critical to this position as well as the attention to detail and checking work for accuracy.
- Record in-process production defects.
- Lift production kits and/or assemblies, move to appropriate destination as designated by the process steps.
- Perform any or all tasks related to building CCA including but not limited, to soldering, bonding, assembly, coating prep, component prep, cut, strip, crimp, or otherwise assemble the materials using required tooling.
- Required tooling may be hand tools, pneumatic hand or foot operated tooling or other automated devices.
- Be able to identify various labels, wire marking, part identifications etc., in the production process.
- Evaluate and communicate any assembly, material, or scheduling issues that need correction and bring to the attention of the direct supervisor.
- Read and understand information relating to usage, personal protective devices, safe labeling, proper handling and proper disposal of any chemical used in the production process being performed.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and practice the 5S + Safety requirements and follow all safety requirements.
- Initiate and participate in Point Improvements, Kaizen activities, and root cause/preventative action events.
- Requires the ability to work overtime and flexible schedules as needed, to meet the customer delivery schedule.
- Attend required trainings and meet the competency requirements as defined by KMM and the customer.
- Must consistently meet quality and productivity requirements.
- Performing quality work in the allotted time.
- Responsible to carry out assigned tasks.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- KMM skill assessments (reading comprehension and dexterity) will be required for this position; minimum standards (scores) will be established at the time of the opening and will be based on current labor availability and staffing needs.
- Employees are expected to pass all external and internal required training within a reasonable amount of time and be able to perform the job functions with efficiency and good quality work. Employees are expected to take advantage of ongoing trainings that are provided.
- Requires a high degree of manual dexterity in order to handle small objects.
- Basic math skills are required – Basic math skills are defined as the ability to perform simple multiplication, division, addition, subtraction and measurements, depending on the process step requirement.
- Reading comprehension – the ability to understand what has been read and follow the instructions is a critical function. Following processes and instructions ensures consistency in the production process.
- Due to production schedules, this position will require that the operator demonstrate reliability to meet attendance, product quality and productivity standards.
- Requires the ability to communicate fluently (verbally and written) in the English language.
- Must be able to work in a team oriented environment.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
- Soldering and de-soldering equipment
- Pneumatic and mechanical equipment
- Component prep machines
- Sharp tools, torque tools, and various other small tools necessary in the production of KMM’s circuit card assembly products.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as masks, gloves and protective eyewear shall be required depending on the function being performed.
- The position is in the production area and involves extended periods of sitting and/or standing throughout the day, depending on what processes are being performed.
- Requires minimal lifting of up to 30lbs while transferring production kits to the necessary locations, as designated by the process and/or procedure.
- Employee must be able to read, with or without the assistance of reading devices.
- Requires a high degree of manual dexterity in order to handle small objects and perform detailed tasks.
- Requires the ability to use various hand tools including crimp and cutting tools.
- Reaching, some bending or stooping is required, depending on the process step.