The goal of this job is to ensure that all Procurement Agents have the tools, training, ability, system design, and support to ensure that the necessary materials are provided to the applicable KMM Programs and Departments to meet Program and Departmental quality, delivery, cost, safety, and morale objectives. The Procurement Coordinator must know, understand, and lead the Procurement requirements for all programs for which they are responsible. This includes KMM Customer quality and contracts requirements, KMM quality and contract requirements for KMM suppliers, advanced knowledge of MRP theory and Microsoft Dynamics, available budgets, required schedules, inventory and cost balancing, and all other material-related requirements. The Procurement Coordinator shall conduct themselves with professionalism at all times, and be responsive and respectful to internal and external customers and suppliers. The Procurement Coordinator recognizes their role as a leader within KMM and the importance of building relationships within the Procurement team, and the Supply Chain, Engineering, Planning, Accounting, Quality, and Production Organizations in order to succeed as a team and as a company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform evaluation, oversight, and accountability for all Procurement staff. This includes obtaining performance evaluation input from respective Program and Department Managers, Manufacturing Supervisors, Accounting, and other relevant internal customers and suppliers. This includes developing and monitoring relevant metrics for the Procurement organization and staff and creating plans for continuous improvement.
- Perform periodic material lead time updates as agreed upon with the Director of Supply Chain and Materials Management (DSCMM) for all responsible programs.
- Attend and actively participate in all Supplier Review Board meetings.
- Review and update the AS9100 strategy for the Procurement Organization on a yearly basis on conjunction with the DSCMM.
- Participate in and perform Internal Audits as requested by the Audit Coordinator and / or the DSCMM.
- Prepare the Procurement Organization for and participate in the annual AS9100 third party audit in conjunction with the DSCMM.
- Review and update all Procurement instructions on an annual basis or more frequently, if needed.
- Perform periodic audits of the Procurement Organization and Staff as agreed up upon with the DSCMM to document process compliance, identify training needs, and make regular process improvements.
- Actively collaborate with the Supplier Quality organization on a regular basis to monitor Supplier performance. Request Supplier Corrective Actions as necessary.
- Ensure that all Procurement Staff possess the correct access to customer and supplier portals and online accounts.
- Regularly review MRP data through SmartLists, Crystal Reports, etc. as agreed upon with the DSCMM to detect anomalies and take action to correct inaccuracies and errors. This includes notifying and working with other departments (engineering, planning, accounting, receiving, etc.) to find resolution.
- Initiate and / or participate in supplier and customer emails, calls, visits as needed or requested by Program Management, Quality, Procurement, Customers, etc. to prevent and correct problems.
- Coordinate closely with Program Management on the status of deliveries, budgets, and suppliers to ensure a good working relationship and open lines of communication.
- Perform special projects and data requests from customers and suppliers.
- Track budgets for Programs and advise Program Management the Leadership Team on budget status. Take corrective action to mitigate or eliminate budget overages
- Teach Maxwell’s 5 Levels of Leadership and Lean / Continuous Improvement concepts to the Procurement Organization on a regular basis. Create a culture of trust, respect, service, leadership, and improvement.
- Participate in and / or lead corrective actions involving the Procurement Organization, and other KMM Programs and Departments as needed.
- Assist Procurement with their duties as needed and improve the skills and capabilities of the Procurement Staff over time.
- Create, maintain, and improve purchasing and inventory strategies consistent with Program and Company objectives. This includes ABC Codes, customer delivery schedules, supplier agreement, etc.
- Periodically review and update the Job Description(s) for the Procurement Organization.
- Adhere to all KMM Policies.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Business, Management, Accounting, or related field and two years of management or supervisory experience required OR seven years of management experience to include scheduling, purchasing, budgeting, and / or material management.
- Must possess an understanding of accounting principles.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.. High level of proficiency in Microsoft Dynamics must be acquired within the first six months.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to build and execute an organizational vision, accuracy with numbers and calculations, and the ability to work successfully with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions, organize and schedule multiple goals, tasks, and requests, ability to follow through and meet deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Requirements may be modified at the time of the opening, and will be based on current labor availability and staffing needs. In these instances, the employee must be able to meet all requirements within 180 days of accepting the position.
- Analytical—the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information and can interpret the information as needed accurately to internal and external teammates. The individual can analyze work performed and verify accuracy and completion of tasks.
- Problem Solving—the individual identify and assist in the resolution of problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully by using knowledge gained through work experience and education. The individual provides process improvement ideas and solutions to problems and is proactive in addressing potential issues. The individual embraces the concept of team participation in problem solving and understands the importance of providing and seeking assistance when needed.
- Oral and Written Communication—the individual communicates clearly and respectfully with others and avoids situations that are negative and potentially destructive to the team environment. The individual communicates with the team to effectively provide input for process improvements and lean activities to enhance product and work environment. The individual speaks clearly and respectfully at all times including stressful situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings effectively. The individual can work effectively with all levels of coworkers and can communicate in clear, understandable and concise language. The individual must be able to effectively communicate through various forms of communication both written and verbal and internal and external.
- Delegation—the individual delegates work assignments based on individual competencies and contract or project needs, gives authority to work independently however retains the accountability for the outcome of the delegated tasks, sets expectations, timelines and monitors delegated activities.
- Leadership—the individual inspires others to perform well and is willing to accept feedback from others. This individual must be able to show leadership through personal actions and a good solid work ethic that promotes teamwork and enthusiasm. The ability to listen and understand problems and issues clearly and to recognize subordinate or coworker problem, issues and frustrations with processes to assist in resolving these problems is critical to this function. The individual understands and practices a servant leadership attitude and treats everyone with respect and understanding while providing guidance, assistance and direction.
- Time Management Skills—the individual effectively manages work time to ensure that they are engaged and focused to provide a quality product in the allocated timeframe. The individual must be able to effectively manage their time to avoid unnecessary absenteeism or time away from the work area.
- Management Skills—the individual can effectively manage projects or programs through effective time management and ensure that critical issues are resolved in a timely manner. Effective organization skills and daily attention to the elimination of waste in personal, department, and production processes is required. The individual includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement, makes self available to staff and provides regular performance feedback, has a plan for the development of subordinates’ skills and encourages growth within their organization.
- Quality Management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. The individual is engaged in the operation requirements to provide a quality product in all steps of the process. The individual can understand and follow all quality requirements and will seek assistance where necessary. The individual demonstrates an understanding of the importance of the quality of work necessary to meet the customer expectations and the importance of their function in that process.
- Judgment—the individual understands the complexity and importance of the job function and demonstrates this through quality work and attention to detail. The individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions. The individual is willing to seek assistance where needed. The individual shows good judgment by adherence to company policies and procedures. This individual must have the ability to listen and engage others to understand and ensure that decisions affecting them have their input and ideas evaluated)
- Planning/Organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently. The individual participates in 5S + Safety daily and keeps a clean and organized work area.
- Lean / Process Improvements – the individual has an understanding of the lean environment goals and is actively engaged in process improvements in all areas of responsibility.
- Safety and Security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly and provides assistance as needed to the Safety Committee.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
- This position requires the daily use of a computer and computer related software. The employee must be able to accurately and proficiently enter and retrieve data as needed for the job tasks.
- Standard office equipment such as computers, copiers, etc. will be used.
- Requires the ability to sit, stand, stoop, and bend. There will be prolonged periods of sitting.
- Ability to enter and retrieve data with accuracy and proficiency into the computer.
- Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete documentation; ability to move freely throughout the factory.