The purpose of this position is for implementing a quality program throughout the designated organization and work with all areas of the organization to help them understand the impact of the quality program in each area’s operations, including the teaching of others on the importance of the quality system and how low and high quality effects the organization. Provide guidance and support to the Quality Department to create a work environment where coworkers have the tools, training and leadership to ensure a quality product for KMM customers. The Site Quality Managers goal is to assist in improving profits & cash flow through process improvements. Accountable for communicating concise and clear data, to assist and strive to eliminate waste in all areas, provide a stable workflow while meeting program schedules and improving processes, to assist the team in process improvements and providing input to training needs through defect and process improvement data and to monitor and ensure that a quality product is produced through teamwork. The Site Quality Manager is responsible for the overall performance of all processes and personnel delegated to their oversight in terms of Process Improvements, Quality of Product, Manpower Scheduling, NCR’s, Personnel Skill Assessments, Training, & Meetings.
This position is considered a leadership position for their designated area of responsibility and as a KMM representative will conduct themselves in a professional manner with employees, coworkers and the customer and at all times be responsive and respectful.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensuring that processes needed for the quality management system are established, implemented and maintained.
- Direct day-to-day operations of Quality staff.
- Reporting to top management on the performance of the quality management system and any need for improvement.
- Ensuring the promotion of awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization, and the organizational freedom to resolve matters pertaining to quality.
- Ensures all KMM products and services meet and/or exceed the customer expectations.
- Ensure ALL Site Procedures and Instructions align to cooperate procedures and the Quality Manual.
- Monitor and report on a regular basis to production the overall program status, which includes daily/weekly attention as required. These reports shall be in the standard approved format:
- Continuous improvement
- Status of Preventive and Corrective actions
- Internal and external quality and delivery metrics
- Customer complaints/feedback
- Recommendations for improvement
- Resource needs
- Process performance and product conformity
- Perform and report on the results of Audits
- May serve as Focal Point for the site’s DPD (Digital Product Definition) procedures depending on the program.
- Define duties and provide daily direction to staff, while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Interface with Customer Supplier Quality Representatives on matters pertaining to product quality or KMM QMS.
- Responsible for the effective implementation of KMM’s CAPA (Corrective Action/Preventative Action) program.
- Responsible for the effective implementation of KMM’s Internal Audit Program. Ensure effective internal auditing of the QMS. (Quality Management System), and act as an Audit Guide for third party audits.
- Provides the necessary Quality Department resources to ensure the effective implementation of KMM Scientific Quality Toolkit Tools. (Lean, CAPA, Internal Audits, Customer Satisfaction, Survey’s)
- Responsible for ensuring prompt notification to KMM’s customers of any changes to Quality System status. (e.g., third party registration, ISO, AS, NADCAP, ITAR)
- Responsible for ensuring effective notification to customer of any product quality escapes as defined in KMM NOE (Notification of Escapes) process.
- Responsible for customer notification of any design or process changes by either KMM or KMM sub tier supplied parts that effect fit, form, function or safety of product.
- Evaluate and provide the necessary support for the inspection of product through manpower allocation, metric reporting and/or training assistance as needed for product and facility requirements
- Receiving inspection; In process inspection
- Final inspection; First Article inspection
- Responsible for ensuring that all First Article requirements properly flowed down through supply chain activities.
- Responsible for ensuring effective implementation of KMM documented Product Realization processes.
- Contract Review (initial)
- Drawing change evaluation (on-going changes)
- Risk assessments
- Statutory and/or regulatory changes
- Identify and document required verification, validation, monitoring, and inspection activities specific to the product and the criteria for product acceptance
- Additional requirements determined by KMM
- Assist in the development of quality objectives. (Program goals, FPY objectives, HR policies, Program training, procedures and work standards where applicable for the program).
- Develop a training/evaluation/competency plan for all responsibilities within the quality organization.
- Provide input for the selection, training, professional development and work evaluation of staff and makes recommendations on hiring, termination, promotion and discipline as required.
- Monitor and stay abreast with technology, legal (i.e. ITAR & Export Laws) and operational changes that affect the activities and work processes of the program; make recommendations for and develop and carry out improvement to the program to meet changing mission parameters and requirements.
- Must be able to perform inspection of product as needed to assist in filling manpower needs or evaluation of material as it relates to accept/reject criteria
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by job task.
- Adhere to all KMM safety policies and practices as well as manufacturer recommendations on operation of all equipment and tools
- Serve as Focal Point and Liaison for the site by communicating directly with the Program Manager on operation and facility functions.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proficient computer skills as well as a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of required software (i.e. Charting Software, reporting software etc. were applicable) that is used for specific tasks, is preferred.
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to professionally handle employee issues as they arise.
- Requires the employee is able to communicate (verbally and written) fluently in the English language.
- Requires initiative and willingness to pursue continual personal growth in the management area to keep current with company goals and trends.
- Requires the ability for working with and being able to understand intricate mechanical tools and devices, so aptitude in these areas is essential.
- A background in technical or mechanical skills is preferred but not required.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and documents.
- Ability to role model KMM core values, integrity, and accountability while representing KMM.
- Ability to perform critical evaluation of information in a fair and unbiased manner to make business decisions and recommendations.
- Ability to understand and apply information from other departments within KMM in order to contribute to the overall well-being of KMM.
- Ability to independently organize and complete assigned job duties with minimal supervision.
- Requirements maybe temporarily modified based on current labor availability and staffing needs
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
- Requires the daily use of a computer and computer related software. The employee must be able to accurately and proficiently enter and retrieve data as needed for the job tasks.
- Standard office equipment such as copiers, calculators etc. will be used.
- A variety of hand tools necessary in completing job tasks. These may include but not limited to the use of a microscope, caliper and other vision related equipment for product verification.
- The ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete documentation.
- The ability to move freely throughout the factory.
- Daily activities may include extended periods of sitting and entering data into the computer system and must be able to inspect product from a sitting and/or standing position.
- Some lifting 35-50 lbs. may be required in support of production process inspections.
Requires the ability to sit, stand, stoop, and bend. There will be prolonged periods of standing.