The purpose of this position is to track, evaluate and document assembly configuration changes every month. The Configuration Technician will provide clear and concise data that will help increase KMM’s profits and cash flow. They will also identify calculated time standards (CTS) for new builds and update them into assembly routers, as well as update/add material changes into KMM’s MRP system.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Read, interpret, and understand Boeing Commercial shop aids, drawings and customer specifications.
- Very proficient in Microsoft Excel and formulas.
- Proficient in MRP or the ability to learn it.
- Work with Crystal Reports and SmartLists.
- Effectively communicate (written and verbal) with KMM personnel.
- Help prepare monthly assertions:
- Ensure the accuracy of the data recorded. This includes labor time in worksheets and routers and materials/roto-bin in MRP BOMs.
- Ensure the data is 100% complete before presenting to leadership.
- Ensure assertion data is compiled and completed in a timely manner and in the correct reporting period.
- Work closely with process engineers, planning, and operators.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Two years of Technical education or equivalent work experience with a demonstrated work ability to perform the required tasks.
- Requires a very good understanding in measurement science, mathematics, and electronics.
- Strong Leadership and Teamwork Skills
- Communication Skills – can successfully interpret what is being asked as well as effectively communicate with others, which includes writing, speaking, and listening.
- Interpersonal Skills – ability to work well with others, build relationships, and handle situations in an appropriate manner.
- Self-Management Skills – ability to manage your time and be as productive as possible within the workplace.
- Learning/Adaptability Skills – able to learn new things and adapt to new situations.
- Organizational Skills – this is essential for productivity, time-management, attention to detail, and goal achievement.
- Problem Solving Skills – ability to manage challenging situations productively and positively.
- Strong Work Ethic – can be trusted to perform the work and meet deadlines without having to be micro-managed.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, including experience and working knowledge of MS Excel is preferred. A great attention to detail, the ability to communicate highly technical information, problem solving skills, and providing solutions are required.
- Requirements may be modified at the time of the opening, and will be based on current labor availability and staffing needs. In these instances, the employee must be able to meet all requirements within 180 days of accepting the position.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
- Requires the daily use of a computer and computer related software. Must be able to accurately and proficiently enter and retrieve data as needed for the job tasks.
- Standard office equipment such as copiers, calculators etc., will be used.
- Ability to read and interpret customer drawings and specifications.
- Ability to use a computer and computer related software.
- Requires the ability to sit, stand, stoop, and bend. There will be prolonged periods of sitting.
- Ability to read .37M from the Graham-Field vision chart to be able to read component numbers, documents and measurement devices.
- Ability to enter and retrieve data with accuracy and proficiency into the computer.
- Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete documentation; ability to move freely throughout the factory.