The Site Manager is responsible for the overall performance and profitability of all programs assigned. The Site Manager will lead the development of an environment that promotes an attitude of excellence that satisfies internal and external customer needs the first time. Site Managers will promote the development of co-worker leadership skills and abilities throughout the organization. Decrease non-value activities and utilize innovative ideas to implement value added solutions into all processes, resulting in internal and external customer satisfaction. Align daily work with program standard work which is aligned to KMMs mission, vision, values, and goals to ensure everyone is pulling in the same direction at the same time in real time; use the Lean Practical Problem Solving Process immediately when a problem is recognized.
This position is the primary contact with the customer and as such it is expected that the Site Manager will represent KMM in a professional manner at all times and be responsive and respectful. The Site Manager’s goal is to improve profits & cash flow. KMM Site Managers are required to collaborate with all KMM Site Managers, Directors, and Program Managers, and ownership to enhance improvement for their program and the company. This is done through engagement in required management meeting, sharing lesson’ learned regarding PM standard work, value stream mapping, process improvements, and implementation of Hoshin Kanri.
The Site Manager will conduct themselves in a professional manner and at all times be responsive and respectful.
The Site Manager should know, understand, apply, evaluate, and promote improvements to program QMS, productivity, manpower, engineering, material acquisition, tooling, calibration, capital equipment, facilities, continuous improvement, training, and Program Management Strategy. This position requires a minimum of weekly reporting on the current reporting format through the designated leadership.
This includes but is not limited to the duties and responsibilities listed below.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Program profitability – Continually monitoring and improving program profitability through capacity management. PM’s will regularly assess with goal of improving customer satisfaction, internal quality, productivity, safety, and employee morale. Monitor overall program progress against committed plan, reports progress, and raises issues as necessary through current reporting method.
- Develop implement, monitor, and adjust program capacity management systems to enhance profits:
- Tooling and Capital Equipment
- Planning and master scheduling
- Supplier management
- Quality and delivery performance
- Productivity performance
- Engineering performance
- Building customer relations
- Continuous improvement / lean
- Implement Hoshin Kanri to align all program activities with KMM’s mission, vision, values, and strategies.
- Monitor and direct or perform day to day operations of the assigned program to ensure that policies and procedures are being followed, that goals and objectives are met, and that services and projects are being accomplished efficiently and effectively; takes corrective action as necessary
- Help develop and monitor the program’s budget / oversee financial well-being of the programs by analyzing cost effectiveness and exercising cost controls; prepares, submits and justifies budget enhancement requests.
- Customer satisfaction – Assessments of customer satisfaction through customer report card information, FPY data and frequent interaction with customer representatives
- Provide continual leadership to promote the development of a culture of excellence. Annually promote development, application, analysis, and resulting actions through value stream mapping process which will results in the increase of program profits..
- Evaluate effectiveness of training and assist in identifying and helping to develop effective training plan to meet the program requirements.
- Facilitate resolution of issues. This may include setting up/moderating a discussion, involving Human Resources.
- Develop and direct the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards where applicable for the program.
- Plan, organize, administer, review and evaluate the work of subordinate professionals, technical, support and operational staff where present, through subordinate supervisors and lead workers.
- Provide for the selection, training, professional development and work evaluation of subordinate staff and makes recommendations on hiring, termination, promotion and discipline as required
- Monitor and stay abreast with technology, legal (i.e. ITAR & Export Laws) and operational changes that affect the activities and work processes of the program; make recommendations for and develop and carry out improvement to the program to meet changing mission parameters and requirements.
- Prioritize and allocate available program resources.
- Perform complex administrative duties requiring oversight, attention to detail and analysis; perform strategic planning and financial analysis, including assisting in preparation of specialized program and project budgets to include staffing and operational needs
- Prepares a variety of written correspondence, reports, procedures, directives and other materials this includes but is not limited to weekly trend data (productivity, quality, and safety), monthly profit/loss, and yearly budget).
- Knowledge and enforcement of all KMM policies and procedures is required
- Oversee all Facility and Grounds maintenance
- Oversee all Material stores
- Oversee all Shared Resources
- Monitor and analyze data to lead the development of actions to improve:
- Monthly, quarterly, and yearly profit/loss of each program
- Meaningful work environment
- On time delivery and quality (customers)
- Current capacity of each machine, cell, unit, shared resource
- Current capacity needs: people, equipment, tooling, etc.
- Inventory levels/turns, and current material shortages.
- Perform other duties and assignments as required.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- The successful candidate will possess a Business management or industrial or electrical engineering (or similar degrees) AND 2 years of successful supervisory/management experience
- OR a minimum of 3 years of demonstrated successful program management.
- Strong program or project management skills managing complex, multi-faceted projects resulting in measurable success and program growth.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing, concepts, tools and application.
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool and experience working with information technology staff to develop and implement program evaluation systems.
- Understanding of employee performance improvement plans.
- Able to perform a variety of complex tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details.
- Additionally, this position requires the employee is able to communicate (verbally and written) fluently in the English language.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- A working knowledge of required production standards as they apply to programs (JSTD, IPC 620, and IPC 610) that are contract and customer requirements.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional areas and teams.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Personal qualities on integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for KMM’s mission.
These requirements may be temporarily adjusted or modified at the time of the opening and will be based on current labor availability and staffing needs. In these instances it is expected the employee will be able to meet all requirements within 180 days of accepting the position.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
- This position requires the daily use of a computer and computer related software. The employee must be able to accurately and proficiently enter and retrieve data as needed for the job tasks.
- Standard office equipment such as copiers, calculators etc will be used, etc.
- This position will require long periods of computer use while performing the reporting, tracking and planning requirements.
- The employee must have the ability to move freely throughout the production area to effectively evaluate program status and assist where needed with machinery, tooling and program analysis.
This position requires the ability to clearly communicate through verbal and written means and will require frequent use of phone, e-mail and other standard office communication devises.