The purpose of this position is to print, verify provided data, release Boeing and KMM provided documents, ship and document control. The Administrative Specialist will provide clear and concise data to the production floor. They will also identify calculated time standards (CTS) for new builds and update them into assembly routers, as well as update/add material changes into KMM’s MRP system.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Have a general understanding of and verify Boeing Commercial shop aids, Battags, drawings, and other required documents. Analyze, compare, and evaluate raw customer data.
- Verify drawings, shop aids, and other data needed for production operations for accuracy.
- Be proficient in MRP or the ability to learn it.
- Verify, print, and release jobs in Dynamics (assign MOs) according to schedule requirements.
- Notify engineers, team leads, and manufacturing supervisor when data is incomplete.
- Assist in collection of data to respond to customer inquiries.
- Assist with MRP verification and accuracy of data.
- Assist in creating and maintaining production schedule.
- Prepare documentation, maintains records, and coordinates logistics for product shipment.
- Accurate Data Entry using the proper tracking software and KMM manufacturing system.
- Place items correctly into the required shipping containers, verifying that the labeling and pack slip requirements are per individual product and customer requirements. Maintain a clean and safe work area by using 5S.
- Process shipments using KMM software such as Dynamics, smartlists, crystal reports, and others as well as shipping software like UPS and FedEx.
- Monitoring packaging supplies and replace or order as needed to prevent delays in production shipments.
- Work with Crystal Reports and SmartLists.
- Effectively communicate (written and verbal) with KMM personnel and customers.
- Work closely with process engineers, planning, and operators.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- The Employee must have knowledge or previous skills of manufacturing and the importance of maintaining production schedules.
- Must demonstrate the ability to perform some mathematical calculations, do accurate reporting, and analyzing.
- The position requires the employee be computer proficient as well as knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Outlook. Education and/or background in the use of Microsoft Dynamics would be helpful.
- The position requires a working knowledge of required production standards as they apply to programs.
- Strong Leadership and Teamwork Skills
- Communication Skills – can successfully interpret what is being asked as well as effectively communicate with others, which includes writing, speaking, and listening. Additional this position requires the employee is able to communicate (verbally and written) fluently in the English language.
- Interpersonal Skills – ability to work well with others, build relationships, and handle situations in an appropriate manner.
- Self-Management Skills – ability to manage your time and be as productive as possible within the workplace.
- Learning/Adaptability Skills – able to learn new things and adapt to new situations.
- Organizational Skills – this is essential for productivity, time-management, attention to detail, and goal achievement.
- Problem Solving Skills – ability to manage challenging situations productively and positively.
- Strong Work Ethic – can be trusted to perform the work and meet deadlines without having to be micro-managed.
- The ideal candidate will have at least twelve (12) weeks experience in shipping or supporting shipping operations.
- Organizational skills- The ability to handle a stressful environment and prioritize tasks based on customer (internal and external) requirements and expectations.
- Basic math skills are required- Basic math skills are defined as the ability to perform simple multiplication, division, addition, subtraction, and measurements depending on the process step requirement.
- Reading comprehension- the ability to understand what has been read and follow instructions is a critical function.
- Due to production and shipping schedules, this position will require that the operator demonstrate reliablility to meet attendance, quality, and productivity standards as well as all other KMM policies and procedures.
- Requirements may be modified at the time of the opening, and will be based on current labor availability and staffing needs. In these instances, the employee must be able to meet all requirements within 180 days of accepting the position.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
- Requires the daily use of a computer and computer related software. Must be able to accurately and proficiently enter and retrieve data as needed for the job tasks.
- Standard office equipment such as copiers, weight scales, calculators etc., will be used.
- Ability to use a computer and computer related software. Including reporting, tracking and planning requirements.
- Requires the ability to sit, stand, stoop, and bend. There will be prolonged periods of sitting.
- Ability to read .37M from the Graham-Field vision chart to be able to read component numbers, documents and measurement devices.
- Ability to enter and retrieve data with accuracy and proficiency into the computer.
- Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete documentation; ability to move freely throughout the factory.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Analytical—the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information and can interpret the information as needed to internal and external teammates. The individual can analyze work performed and verify accuracy and completion of tasks. This competency will be demonstrated through improved productivity, FPY, and an increase in certifications.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and assist in the resolution of problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully by using knowledge gained through work experience and education. The individual provides process improvement ideas and solutions to problems and is proactive in addressing potential issues. The individual embraces the concept of team participation in problem solving and understands the importance of seeking assistance when needed. This competency will be demonstrated through improved productivity, FPY, and an increase in certifications.
- Oral and Written Communication—the individual communicates clearly and respectfully with others and avoids situations that are negative and potentially destructive to the team environment. The individual communicates with the team to effectively provide input for process improvements and lean activities to enhance product and work environment. The individual speaks clearly and respectfully at all times including stressful situations. The individual can work effectively with all levels of coworkers and can communicate in clear, understandable and concise language. The individual must be able to effectively communicate through various forms of communication both written and verbal and internal and external.
- Leadership—the individual inspires others to perform well and is willing to accept feedback from others.
- Time Management skills—the individual effectively manages work time to ensure that they are engaged and focused to provide a quality product in the allocated timeframe. The individual must be able to effectively manage their time to avoid unnecessary absenteeism or time away from the work area. This competency will be demonstrated through improved productivity, FPY, and an increase in certifications.
- Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. The individual is engaged in the operation requirements to provide a quality product in all steps of the process. The individual can understand and follow all quality requirements and will seek assistance where necessary. The individual demonstrates an understanding of the importance of the quality of work necessary to meet the customer expectations and the importance of their function in that process. The individual meets the measurement for FPY where applicable and strives to make improvements where necessary. The individual regularly reviews work environment for improvement opportunities.
- Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions. The individual understands the complexity and importance of the job function and demonstrates this through quality work and attention to detail. The individual is willing to seek assistance where needed. The individual shows good judgment by adherence to company policies and procedures. This competency will be demonstrated through improved productivity, FPY, and an increase in certifications.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently. The individual participates in 5S + Safety daily and keeps a clean and organized work area. This competency will be demonstrated through improved productivity, FPY, and increase in certifications.
- Lean / Process Improvements – the individual has an understanding of the lean environment goals and is actively engaged in process improvements in all areas of responsibility. This competency will be demonstrated through cycle time reductions (productivity increase) and decreases in daily defects (improved FPY).
- Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly and provides assistance as needed to the Safety Committee.
OTHER- (CUSTOMER CONTACT OR ACCESS TO CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION)
- It is KMM’s expectation that the employee will know, understand and adhere to all KMM policies, procedures, standards of conduct and adhere to KMM Mission Statement and Values. They must be trustworthy, honest, dependable, and able to work and be a part of the teamwork environment at KMM. In addition the employee must be self motivated and exemplify good attention to detail and strive for 100% quality as well as be able to handle job pressure and interruptions. There may be times were extra hours are necessary to meet customer delivery requirements.
- The continued success of KMM is reliant upon the engagement of employees to provide continuous improvements through lean activities and process improvement activities and recommendations. Quality of product is paramount to KMM and the employee’s continued employment and as such the ability to perform the functions of the job will be evaluated on a regular basis to ensure that these requirements are met.
- Communication and transparency are critical to the success of this position. The Planning Assistant must foster a culture of commitment and proactive response to any KMM coworker or customer.
- As a KMM employee it is an expectation that you will treat coworkers with respect and will refrain from any comments or actions at work, in public or on public networking sites that could be considered as liable or degrading to KMM or your fellow employees. KMM has no tolerance for discriminatory behavior of any kind. As a representative of KMM through contact with customers, vendors and fellow employees and is expected to present themselves in a professional manner at all times.
- This position may require travel for training, to customers and/or other KMM facilities as needed and this may include working at other locations periodically and/or possibly for extended periods of time to support operations and fulfill job requirements In the event that a KMM vehicle is not available for use the employee will be required to provide their own transportation.
- This position requires a certain level of independence and self assurance as well as critical thinking for decision making.
- This job description is not intended as a written contract or a promise of continued employment but a guide to job duty requirements. Other tasks or duties may be assigned as needed to perform the daily operations to provide customer satisfaction and a quality product.
- This document is considered proprietary to KMM and may not be copied, transmitted or shared outside KMM without express written permission from the H. R. Director or KMM Executive Management.
- KMM is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D and a Drug, Alcohol and Weapons Free Workplace