The purpose of this position is to support production operations by reducing or eliminating the need for operators and Team Leads to leave their area to retrieve supplies or parts by delivering them to the correct areas. This position also has the duty to retrieve and deliver Rotobin requests to all areas as needed. The Dickinson Facility Water Spider Route Map is used to complete the route as defined. Pickup and delivery of products is outlined in the DXN Water Spider Work Procedure.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- The primary daily duty is to follow the Dickinson Facility Water Spider Route Map.
- Pick up and deliver products throughout the facility as defined in the DXN Water Spider Work Procedure, More specifically this means that we do not initiate requests, we only pickup and deliver them as needed.
- Participate in Lean activities and process improvements.
- Operate the supply cart daily run.
- Monitor and re-stock items on the Floor Stock supply carts as necessary.
- Assist the Component Stores with de-bagging as necessary.
- Fill in for other DXN Materials Management operators as needed and instructed by the Team Lead.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by job task.
- Adhere to all KMM safety policies and practices.
- Perform all other related duties and assignments as required.
- This individual has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- The ability to read, understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- The individual must have the ability to work well on his or her own and with minimal daily instruction.
- Daily contact with various work cells and areas is a critical part of the team environment. This individual must be able to communicate clearly, work well with others and have the ability to remain focused on the assigned tasks while avoiding disruptions to the work areas.
- This position requires the employee is able to communicate (verbally and written) fluently in the English language.
- The individual must be able to work as part of multiple teams with minimal disruption in each area while performing their duties and responsibilities.
- Commitment to, and must maintain a positive attitude for, Continuous Improvement.
- This position is an integral part of production operations flow and as such meeting the position attendance requirements is required.
These requirements may be temporarily adjusted or modified at the time of the opening and will be based on current labor availability and staffing needs. In these instances, it is expected the employee will be able to meet all requirements within 180 days of accepting the position.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
- Wheeled cart
- Lacing Machine
- This position requires the ability to move freely throughout the facility while using a wheeled cart.
- The employee must be able to read and follow written and verbal instructions throughout the day and be adaptable to changes in the processes if necessary.
- This position requires the ability to use a stair type step to reach items on shelving as necessary.
- This position may require minimal amount of lifting up to 35 pounds while transferring product from carts to the work area or delivery station.
While delivering product or supplies this position will require reaching and bending throughout the day.