Summary of Responsibilities
The purpose of the position is to test and trouble shoot product to ensure that the customer quality and functionality are met to the exact configuration per contract requirement. They will have the responsibility for maintaining a stable work flow of cables through test while achieving 100 % FPY to our customer. This position requires concise communication and clear data to assist and strive to eliminate waste, while meeting program schedules. It is critical to this position that work flow is evaluated and schedules maintained. To accomplish this function extra hours and occasional weekends may be required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Utilize procedures, drawings, and shop aids
• Assist engineers with test files received from Boeing
• Report and document all test data and analysis
• Regular maintenance and repair to test equipment as needed
• Operate various test equipment and hand tools
• Maintain a test throughput per daily demand
o Test throughput is maintained through calendars, daily ship report, and storyboards
o And/or an empty shelf
• This individual has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks
• All other duties as assigned
Education, Prior work experience, and skills and knowledge:
• Ability to prioritize for maximum productivity
• Ability to identify potential issues, analyze and recommend improvements and alternate solutions.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
• Good verbal and written communication skills. Good organizational skills.
• Proven reasoning, analytical abilities and mechanical aptitude.
• Able to understand/interpret Customer Product Specifications to incorporate and enhance form board drawings.
• Ability to read written instructions, drawings, specification and ensure that other written and visual standards are being followed.
• Wire harness assembly experience preferred.
• Demonstrate knowledge and application of Employee Handbook and Safety Manual
• Minimum 2 years associate degree is preferred but not required.
Equipment and machinery used:
• Test Equipment
o Hand Held
Fluke digital multi-meters
• Hand Tools
o Wire strippers
o Crimp tooling
o Heat Gun
• Computer and computer related software
Physical requirements, i.e. vision, lifting, standing, sitting, etc, and environment/working conditions:
• Combined sitting, standing, and the ability to move freely throughout the facility on a daily basis to accomplish tasks.
• Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds to transport material and/or equipment throughout the factory.
• Employee must be able to read .37M from the Graham-Field vision chart to be able to identify correct wires.
• The ability to distinguish colors for the purpose of wire identification
• Extensive use of computer and programs to perform the daily function
• The ability to communicate effectively through verbal and written communication methods with coworkers and customers as necessary to perform job function.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Analytical—the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information and can interpret the information as needed accurately to internal and external teammates. The individual can analyze work performed and verify accuracy and completion of tasks. This competency will be demonstrated through improved productivity, FPY, and an increase in certifications.
• Problem Solving—the individual identify and assist in the resolution of problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully by using knowledge gained through work experience and education. The individual provides process improvement ideas and solutions to problems and is proactive in addressing potential issues. The individual embraces the concept of team participation in problem solving and understands the importance of providing and seeking assistance when needed. This competency will be demonstrated through improved productivity, FPY, and an increase in certifications.
• Oral and Written Communication—the individual communicates clearly and respectfully with others and avoids situations that are negative and potentially destructive to the team environment. The individual communicates with the team to effectively provide input for process improvements and lean activities to enhance product and work environment. The individual speaks clearly and respectfully at all times including stressful situations. The individual can work effectively with all levels of coworkers and can communicate in clear, understandable and concise language. The individual must be able to effectively communicate through various forms of communication both written and verbal and internal and external.
• Time Management skills—the individual effectively manages work time to ensure that they are engaged and focused to provide a quality product in the allocated timeframe. The individual must be able to effectively manage their time to avoid unnecessary absenteeism or time away from the work area. This competency will be demonstrated through improved productivity, FPY, and an increase in certifications.
• Management skills—the individual can effectively manage projects or programs through effective time management and ensure that critical issues are resolved in a timely manner. Effective organization skills and daily attention to the elimination of waste in personal, department, and production processes is required.
• Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. The individual is engaged in the operation requirements to provide a quality product in all steps of the process. The individual can understand and follow all quality requirements and will seek assistance where necessary. The individual demonstrates an understanding of the importance of the quality of work necessary to meet the customer expectations and the importance of their function in that process. The individual meets the measurement for FPY where applicable and strives to make improvements where necessary. This competency will be demonstrated through increases in operator FPY.
• Judgment—the individual understands the complexity and importance of the job function and demonstrates this through quality work and attention to detail. The individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions. The individual is willing to seek assistance where needed. The individual shows good judgment by adherence to company policies and procedures. This competency will be demonstrated through improved productivity, FPY, and an increase in certifications.
• Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently. The individual participates in 5S + Safety daily and keeps a clean and organized work area. This competency will be demonstrated through improved productivity, FPY, and an increase in certifications.
• Lean / Process Improvements – the individual has an understanding of the lean environment goals and is actively engaged in process improvements in all areas of responsibility.
• Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly and provides assistance as needed to the Safety Committee.
It is KMM’s expectation that the employee will know, understand and adhere to all KMM policies, procedures, standards of conduct and adhere to KMM Mission Statement and Values. They must be trustworthy, honest, dependable, and able to work and be a part of the teamwork environment at KMM. In addition the employee must be self motivated and exemplify good attention to detail and strive for 100% quality as well as be able to handle the job pressure of schedules and customer changes as well as occasional interruptions. There may be times where extra hours are necessary to meet customer delivery requirements.
The continued success of KMM is reliant upon the engagement of employees to provide continuous improvements through lean activities and process improvement activities and recommendations. Quality of product is paramount to KMM and the employee’s continued employment and as such the ability to perform the functions of the job will be evaluated on a regular basis to ensure that these requirements are met.
Communication and transparency are critical to the success of this position. The test operator must foster a culture of commitment and proactive response to any KMM coworker or customer. Clear communication with supervisors in regards to production understanding of the process is paramount to the program success and employee success.
As a KMM employee it is an expectation that you will treat coworkers with respect and will refrain from any comments or actions at work, in public or on public networking sites that could be considered as liable or degrading to KMM or your fellow employees. KMM has no tolerance for discriminatory behavior of any kind.
This job description is not intended as a written contract or a promise of continued employment but a guide to job duty requirements. Other tasks or duties may be assigned as needed to perform the daily operations to provide customer satisfaction and a quality product.
This document is considered proprietary to KMM and may not be copied, transmitted or shared outside KMM without express written permission from the H. R. Director or KMM Executive Management.
KMM is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D and a Drug, Alcohol and Weapons Free Workplace