The purpose of this position is to test and trouble shoot product to ensure that the customer quality and functionality are met. They will have the responsibility to communicate concise and clear data to assist and strive to eliminate waste, provide a stable workflow while meeting program schedules and improving processes, to assist the team in process improvements and providing input to training needs through defect and process improvement data and to monitor and insure that a quality product is produced through teamwork.
Perform production test including ICT, functional, and acceptance testing. Troubleshoot to the component level using all test equipment associated to the electronics industry.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Utilize complex schematics, procedures, and drawings in the day to day
- Utilize various techniques to program board level software
- Write test instructions derived from customer specs
- Utilize all bench setups to troubleshoot failures
- Perform functional and acceptance test procedures
- Perform calibration procedures and enter data into Access databases
- Report and document all test data and analysis
- Perform, program, and operate ESS chambers for thermal cycling
- Regular maintenance and repair to test equipment as
- Assist production operations in whatever production capacity is needed,
- This individual has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks
- *Performs other related duties and assignments as required
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Minimum Associates degree preferred or related experience is
- Candidate must have working knowledge of MS Office suite, with experience in programming, test environments such as Labview, and CAD.
- Attention to detail is a must along with the ability to communicate highly technical
- Excellent problem solving skills and providing solutions are
- Candidate must be able to work well with others and be a participant in team and cell building
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
- The position requires frequent use of a computer and related software necessary in completing job
- Basic knowledge of and utilization of test equipment is essential including DMM’s, LCR meters, oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, frequency counters, decade boxes, Hi-pot testers, power supplies, temperature chambers, temperature and humidity
- While performing duties for this position the candidate may have to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to see and read computer screens, schematic symbols, and
- Lifting of 50 pounds is also
- Standing, sitting, bending, reaching and lifting will be required to perform test functions, including equipment maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment and
- Technicians performing visual inspection and/or comparison tests shall have been tested for normal color vision within one year of the test procedure. This requirement is dependent upon certain customer contracts.