Test Technician (CCA)
Summary of responsibilities:
The purpose of this position is to test and trouble shoot product to ensure that the customer quality and functionality are met. They will have the responsibility to communicate concise and clear data to assist and strive to eliminate waste, provide a stable workflow while meeting program schedules and improving processes, to assist the team in process improvements and providing input to training needs through defect and process improvement data and to monitor and insure that a quality product is produced through teamwork.
Perform production test including ICT, functional, and acceptance testing. Troubleshoot to the component level using all test equipment associated to the electronics industry.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Utilize complex schematics, procedures, and drawings in the day to day operations.
• Utilize various techniques to program board level software
• Write test instructions derived from customer specs
• Utilize all bench setups to troubleshoot failures
• Perform functional and acceptance test procedures
• Perform calibration procedures and enter data into Access databases
• Report and document all test data and analysis
• Perform, program, and operate ESS chambers for thermal cycling
• Regular maintenance and repair to test equipment as needed.
• Assist production operations in whatever capacity is needed,
• This individual has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks
*Performs other related duties and assignments as required
Education, prior work experience, and specialized skills and knowledge:
Minimum Associates degree preferred or related experience is required. Candidate must have working knowledge of MS Office suite, with experience in programming, test environments such as Labview, and CAD. Attention to detail is a must along with the ability to communicate highly technical information. Excellent problem solving skills and providing solutions are required. Candidate must be able to work well with others and be a participant in team and cell building environments.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Analytical—the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information and can interpret the information as needed accurately to internal and external teammates. The individual can analyze work performed and verify accuracy and completion of tasks. This competency will be demonstrated through improved productivity, FPY, and an increase in certifications.
• Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully by using knowledge gained through work experience and education. This individual provides process improvement ideas and solutions to problems and is proactive in addressing potential issues. The individual embraces the concept of team participation in problem solving and understands the importance of providing and seeking assistance when needed. This competency will be demonstrated through improved productivity, FPY, and an increase in certifications.
• Time Management skills—the individual effectively manages work time to ensure that they are engaged and focused to provide a quality product in the allocated timeframe. The individual must be able to effectively manage their time to avoid unnecessary absenteeism or time away from the work area. This competency will be demonstrated through improved productivity, FPY, and an increase in certifications.
• Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. The individual is engaged in the operation requirements to assist in providing a quality product in all steps of the process by helping to solve quality issues identified at test. The individual can understand and follow all quality requirements and will seek assistance where necessary. The individual demonstrates an understanding of the importance of the quality of work necessary to meet the customer expectations and the importance of their function in the process. The individual meets the measurement for productivity and FPY where applicable and strives to make improvements where necessary.
• Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions. The individual understands the complexity and importance of the job function and demonstrates this through quality work and attention to detail. The individual shows good judgment by adherence to company policies and procedures.
• Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently. The individual participates in 5S + Safety daily and keeps a clean and organized work area.
• Lean / Process Improvements – the individual has an understanding of the lean environment goals and is actively engaged in process improvements in all areas of responsibility.
• Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly and provides assistance as needed to the Safety Committee
Equipment and machinery used:
The position requires frequent use of a computer and related software necessary in completing job tasks. Basic knowledge of and utilization of test equipment is essential including DMM’s, LCR meters, oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, frequency counters, decade boxes, hipot testers, power supplies, temperature chambers, temperature and humidity recorders.
Physical requirements, i.e. vision, lifting, standing, sitting, etc, and environment/working conditions:
• While performing duties for this position the candidate may have to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to see and read computer screens, schematic symbols, and documents.
• Lifting of 50 pounds is also required.
• Standing, sitting, bending, reaching and lifting will be required to perform test functions, including equipment maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment and product.
• Technicians performing visual inspection and/or comparison tests shall have been tested for normal color vision within one year of the test procedure. This requirement is dependent upon certain customer contracts.
Other (e.g., customer contact or access to confidential information):
It is KMM’s expectation that the employee will know, understand and adhere to all KMM policies, procedures, standards of conduct and adhere to KMM Mission Statement and Values. They must be trustworthy, honest, dependable, and able to work and be a part of the teamwork environment at KMM. In addition the employee must be self motivated and exemplify good attention to detail and strive for 100% quality as well as be able to handle job pressure of schedules and customer changes as well as occasional interruptions. There may be times were extra hours are necessary to meet customer delivery requirements. This position requires a certain level of independence and self assurance as well as critical thinking for decision making.
The continued success of KMM is reliant upon the engagement of employees to provide continuous improvements through lean activities and process improvement activities and recommendations. Quality of product is paramount to KMM and the employee’s continued employment and as such the ability to perform the functions of the job will be evaluated on a regular basis to ensure that these requirements are met.
Communication and transparency are critical to the success of this position. The Test Technician must foster a culture of commitment and proactive response to any KMM coworker or customer.
As a KMM employee it is an expectation that you will treat coworkers with respect and will refrain from any comments or actions at work, in public or on public networking sites that could be considered as liable or degrading to KMM or your fellow employees. KMM has no tolerance for discriminatory behavior of any kind.
The employee is representing KMM through their contact with customers, vendors and fellow employees and is expected to present themselves in a professional manner at all times.
This position may require travel for training, to customers and/or other KMM facilities as needed and this may include working at other locations periodically and/or possibly for extended periods of time to support operations and fulfill job requirements In the event that a KMM vehicle is not available for use the employee will be required to provide their own transportation.
This job description is not intended as a written contract or a promise of continued employment but a guide to job duty requirements. Other tasks or duties may be assigned as needed to perform the daily operations to provide customer satisfaction and a quality product.
This document is considered proprietary to KMM and may not be copied, transmitted or shared outside KMM without express written permission from the H. R. Director or KMM Executive Management.
KMM is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D and a Drug, Alcohol and Weapons Free Workplace