JOB TITLE: CCA Test Engineer Lead POSITION CODE: TSTLD
LOCATION: Killdeer EEO CLASS: Professionals
SCOPE: CCA FLSA STATUS: Exempt – Salaried
The purpose of this position is to provide guidance and support to the testing and test engineering staff in the area of the Test Engineer Lead responsibility and to provide a work environment where coworkers have the tools, training and leadership to build a quality product. The Test Engineer Leads is responsible to have the Test Department evaluate and maintain customer designed tests and to improve profits & cash flow through efficient operations and process improvements. They will have the responsibility to communicate concise and clear data to assist and strive to eliminate waste, provide a stable workflow while meeting program schedules and improving processes, to assist the team in process improvements and providing input to training needs through defect and process improvement data and to monitor and insure that a quality product is produced through teamwork. To do this, the Test Engineer Lead is responsible for training other Technicians in the operation of all levels of production test.
This position is considered a lead position for their designated areas and will represent KMM as such with the customer. The Test Engineer Lead will conduct themselves in a professional manner and at all times be responsive and respectful.
For teamwork, quality production and production schedules to be met it is primary that all employees meet the attendance, productivity and quality work requirements as well as adhere to all of KMM policies and procedures.
This position is considered an exempt salary position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The primary duties include but not limited to:
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical and test activities related to product needs.
- Develop calibration and test procedures where needed and is responsible to ensure that any current calibration and test procedures are effective and accurate in the area of responsibility.
- Assist in performing calibration of Equipment/Tooling and calibration training
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering in the writing of Test Sequence Work Instructions
- Provide Engineering assistance to test technicians to troubleshoot failures. This may include actual troubleshoot testing and/or utilization of customer furnished and bench lab setups when applicable.
- Interface with customer test engineering to develop transfer of knowledge and equipment from the customer to KMM
- Develop thermal profiles for ESS Temperature Chambers.
- Assist in performing all test functions
- Participate in Problem Solving activities
- Analyze test data and assist production in eliminating defects.
- Writing Test Procedures as necessary.
- Assist in writing manufacturing procedures such as MI’s, WD’s, and TI’s as needed.
- Analyze technology, resource needs and production demand to plan and assess the feasibility of projects
- Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance and repair of necessary equipment.
- Direct, review and evaluate employee’s work and oversee the development and maintenance of employee competence.
- Develop plans for employee growth and development.
- Provide a culture and environment of process improvements and cost reduction.
- Assist Program Manager in the development of test budget.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department.
- Perform administrative functions such as reviews, writing reports, enforcing rules, and making recommendations about the purchase of equipment and materials needed for department tasks.
- *Performs other related duties and assignments as required
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- The position requires a Certification of Education in Engineering or a 2 year’s associate degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience directly related to the electronics industry.
- Employee must have a working knowledge of computer related software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Dynamics, Visio, Acrobat, AutoCAD, CAD, Labview, C++, HP Basic, BDM Programming, and Boundary Scan.
- Able to understand/interpret Customer Product Specifications with reasonable length of time for training
- Ability to read written instructions, drawings, specification and ensure that other written and visual standards are being followed.
- Attention to detail is critical. Communication of test results and procedures, as well as other customer-related skills is required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to identifying problems and causes, and the ability to provide solutions are required.
- The applicant must demonstrate the ability to work well with others and maintain a positive attitude.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
The position requires frequent use of a computer and related software necessary in completing job tasks. In-depth knowledge of and utilization of test equipment is essential including DMM’s, LCR meters, oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, frequency counters, decade boxes, hi-pot testers, power supplies, temperature chambers, temperature and humidity recorders. Computer and unique computer test software and platforms are an essential part of test functions.
- The ability to move freely throughout the facility to assist test and engineering staff where necessary as well as provide assistance in equipment maintenance and repair.
- The ability to sit for long periods of time while using a computer and computer related software.
- This requires the ability to see written documents and computer screen. Writing and verifying test documents and reports.
- Lifting of up to 50 pounds is also required with this job. Standing, sitting, bending, reaching and lifting will be required to perform test functions, transport product, run and/or connect test connectors and cables, including equipment maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment and product.
Use of computers and computer related software is required. Use of hand tools may be required in the development of test fixtures and connections.