Job Title: SMT Technician
Summary of responsibilities:
The SMT Technician goal is to improve profits & cash flow, and they will have the responsibility to strive to eliminate waste, provide a stable workflow while meeting program schedules and improving processes, and monitor and insure that a quality product is produced through teamwork.
This position is in the Killdeer Facility. This position involves maintaining, setting up, and operating the SMT (Surface Mount Technology) equipment. This includes but is not limited to the duties and responsibilities listed below.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Read and understand written directions, work instructions, drawings, or schematics.
• Load parts into feeders, load feeders onto table, and load tables onto the machines.
• Feeder maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Operate and troubleshoot placement equipment for accuracy.
• Operate the AOI (Automated Optical Inspection).
• Work with computers.
• Perform calibration procedures on placement machines and perform appropriate maintenance.
• Operate the reflow oven.
• Identify and troubleshoot causes of defects related to SMT equipment.
• This individual has responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks.
• Be able to perform reflow profiles.
*Performs other related duties and assignments as required
Education, prior work experience, and specialized skills and knowledge:
This is a technician position. Minimum 2 years associate degree is preferred, or related experience is required. Applicant must have a working knowledge of all computer-related software including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, and a willingness to learn and operate other programming packages (e.g., AOI circuit cam software). Attention to detail is critical and required along with the ability to communicate test result procedures as well as other customer-required skills. Excellent problem solving skills, identifying problems and causes, and the ability to provide solutions are required. The applicant must demonstrate the ability to work well with others and maintain a positive attitude. In addition, the applicant must comply with all time and attendance policies.
Physical requirements, i.e. vision, lifting, standing, sitting, etc, and environment/working conditions:
This position may require extended periods of sitting or standing. Lifting of up to 25 lbs. while handling fixtures and material totes is required. Employee must have the ability to use a computer keyboard to transfer data as needed to computer programs. This requires the ability to see written documents and a normal computer screen and color acuity. Some bending, stooping and reaching to perform the SMT equipment maintenance and daily tasks.
Equipment and machinery used:
The position requires the use of a computer, related software, SMT Placement Machines, AOI, and the Reflow Oven.