Regent Manufacturing Supervisor
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The purpose of this position is to provide guidance and support to production operations in the area of the Manufacturing Supervisors responsibility and to provide a work environment where coworkers have the tools, training and leadership to build a quality product. The Manufacturing Supervisors goal is to improve profits & cash flow. They will have the responsibility to communicate concise and clear data to assist and strive to eliminate waste, provide a stable workflow while meeting program schedules and improving processes, to assist the team in process improvements and providing input to training needs through defect and process improvement data and to monitor and insure that a quality product is produced through teamwork. To do this, the Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for the overall performance of all program production delegated to their oversight.
The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for the manufacturing performance and profitability of the program she or he is assigned to manage. It is expected that the Manufacturing Supervisor will represent KMM in a professional manner at all times, be responsive, and respectful. This includes but is not limited to knowing, understanding, and implementing the 15 KMM
Capacities: Tooling and Capital Equipment, Facilities, Planning and Master Scheduling, Procurement, Supplier Management, Quality and Delivery Performance, Productivity, Performance, Engineering Performance, Building Customer Relations, Continuous Improvement/Lean, Communications, Training, Bidding, Safety, and IT.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work with their assigned Leadership Team members and assist with the assignment of tasks to operators based on their training and individual capabilities and ensure that proper training has been provided to enhance their ability to provide a quality product on time.
2. Manufacturing Profitability – continually monitoring and reporting manufacturing profitability through assessments such as but not limited to: Customer Satisfaction, FPY(First Pass Yield based upon daily defect data), Productivity, Material Management, Inventory Turns, Inventory Levels, Scrap, etc. Monitor manufacturing progress against committed plan, analyze progress, use analysis to continually and intentionally increase manufacturing capacities to increase efficiencies, and prepare weekly enhancement reports to the Program Manager
3. Develop, implement, monitor, and continually enhance capacity management systems to enhance manufacturing profits:
i. Tooling and Capital Equipment
iii. Planning and master scheduling
v. Supplier management
vi. Quality and delivery performance
vii. Productivity performance
viii. Engineering performance
ix. Building customer relations
x. Continuous improvement / lean
4. Monitor, oversee, and direct day to day manufacturing operations to ensure that policies and procedures are being followed, that goals and objectives are met, and that manufacturing services and projects are being accomplished efficiently and effectively; takes corrective action as necessary
5. Plan, maintain, oversee customer contracts and the Manufacturing order releases, production and completion in order to fulfill contractual requirements. This includes use and oversight of MRP system.
6. Help develop, monitor, and implement activities to increase manufacturing profitability by analyzing cost effectiveness and exercising cost controls; prepare, submit, and justify manufacturing budget enhancement requests to the Program Manager
7. Customer satisfaction – Assessments of customer satisfaction through customer report card information, FPY, daily defect data, Productivity, Inventory Turns, Inventory Levels, Scrap, and frequent interaction with customer representatives
8. Monitor, oversee, provide direction, and leadership with respect to manufacturing processes and continuous improvement. Identify areas for continuous improvement with the goal of continuously driving out waste to increase profit
9. Monitor, oversee, and provide guidance to assist the factory trainers to implement an effective training program to meet manufacturing requirements
10. Facilitate resolution of issues. This may include setting up and moderating conflict resolutions and when necessary involving Human Resources and/or escalation to the Program Manager
11. Develop and direct the implementation of manufacturing goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards
12. Plan, organize, administer, review, and create self evaluation opportunities for the work of subordinate professionals, technical, support, and operational staff where present, through subordinate supervisors and lead workers
13. Provide for the selection, training, professional development and work evaluation of manufacturing subordinate staff and make recommendations on hiring, termination, promotion, and discipline as required
14. Monitor and stay abreast with manufacturing technology, legal (i.e. ITAR & Export Laws) and operational changes that affect the manufacturing activities and work processes of the program; make recommendations for the development and implementation of continuous improvement activities to assist insure the program meets changing mission parameters and requirements
15. Maintain production/assembly certifications in the current training data base format
16. Prioritize and allocate available manufacturing resources
17. Perform complex administrative duties requiring manufacturing oversight, attention to detail, and analysis; perform capacity planning and financial analysis, including assisting in preparation of specialized program and project budgets to include staffing and operational needs
18. Prepares a variety of written manufacturing correspondence, reports, procedures, directives, and other materials
19. Knowledge and enforcement of all KMM policies and procedures and a clear understanding and demonstration of all safety requirements is required
20. Wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by job task.
21. Adhere to all KMM safety policies and practices as well as manufacturer recommendations on operation of all equipment and tools
22. This individual has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks
23. Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. The employee must have intimate knowledge of aerospace manufacturing
2. A minimum of one (1) year of experience with KMM operations
3. A minimum of six (6) months of demonstrated success in a leadership, supervisory, or management position.
4. Have the ability to perform the calculations, reporting, and evaluations required.
5. The position requires the employee to have proficient computer skills as well as knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
6. Requires a working knowledge of required production standards as they apply to programs that are contract and customer requirements.
7. Additionally, this position requires the employee is able to communicate (verbally and written) fluently in the English language
8. The ability to professionally handle employee issues as they arise.
These requirements may be temporarily adjusted or modified at the time of the opening and will be based on current labor availability and staffing needs. In these instances it is expected the employee will be able to meet all requirements within 180 days of accepting the position.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED:
1. This position requires the daily use of a computer and computer related software. The employee must be able to accurately and proficiently enter and retrieve data as needed for the job tasks.
2. Standard office equipment such as copiers, calculators etc will be used, etc.
3. A wide range of equipment, machinery, and hand tools used in the manufacturing process by team members
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. This position will require long periods of computer use while performing the reporting, tracking and planning requirements.
2. The employee must have the ability to move freely throughout the production area to effectively evaluate program status and assist where needed with machinery, tooling and program analysis.
3. This position requires the ability to clearly communicate through verbal and written means and will require frequent use of phone, e-mail and other standard office communication devices.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
1. Analytical—the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information and can interpret the information as needed to internal and external teammates. The individual can analyze work performed and verify accuracy and completion of tasks.
2. Problem Solving—the individual identifies and assists in the resolution of problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully by using knowledge gained through work experience and education. The individual provides process improvement ideas and solutions to problems and is proactive in addressing potential issues. The individual embraces the concept of team participation in problem solving and understands the importance of providing and seeking assistance when needed.
3. Oral and Written Communication—the individual communicates clearly and respectfully with others and avoids situations that are negative and potentially destructive to the team environment. The individual communicates with the team to effectively provide input for process improvements and lean activities to enhance product and work environment. The individual speaks clearly and respectfully at all times including stressful situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings effectively. The individual can work effectively with all levels of coworkers and can communicate in clear, understandable and concise language. The individual must be able to effectively communicate through various forms of communication both written and verbal and internal and external.
4. Delegation—the individual delegates work assignments based on individual competencies and contract or project needs, gives authority to work independently however retains the accountability for the outcome of the delegated tasks, sets expectations, timelines and monitors delegated activities.
5. Leadership—the individual inspires others to perform well, accepts feedback from others. This individual must be able to show leadership through personal actions and a good solid work ethic that promotes teamwork and enthusiasm. The ability to listen and understand problems and issues clearly and to recognize subordinate or coworker problem, issues and frustrations with processes to assist in resolving these problems is critical to this function. The individual understands and practices a servant leadership attitude and treats everyone with respect and understanding while providing guidance and direction.
6. Time Management Skills- the individual effectively manages work time to ensure that they are engaged and focused to provide a quality product in the allocated timeframe. The individual must be able to effectively manage their time to avoid unnecessary absenteeism or time away from the work area.
7. Management Skills— the individual can effectively manage projects or programs through effective time management and ensure that critical issues are resolved in a timely manner. Effective organization skills and daily attention to the elimination of waste in personal, department, and production processes is required. The individual includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; and has a plan for the development of subordinates’ skills and encourages growth within their organization.
8. Quality Management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. The individual is engaged in the operation requirements to provide a quality product in all steps of the process. The individual can understand and follow all quality requirements and will seek assistance where necessary. The individual demonstrates an understanding of the importance of the quality of work necessary to meet the customer expectations and the importance of their function in the process.
9. Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions. The individual understands the complexity and importance of the job function and is willing to seek assistance where needed. This individual must have the ability to listen and engage others to understand and ensure that decisions affecting them have their input and ideas evaluated.
10. Planning/Organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans. The individual participates in 5S + Safety daily and keeps a clean and organized work area.
11. Lean / Process Improvements – the individual has an understanding of the lean environment goals and is actively engaged in process improvements in all areas of responsibility.
12. Safety and Security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly and provides assistance as needed to the Safety Committee.
It is KMM’s expectation that the employee will know, understand and adhere to all KMM policies, procedures, standards of conduct and adhere to KMM Mission Statement and Values. They must be trustworthy, honest, dependable, and able to work and be a part of the teamwork environment at KMM. In addition the employee must be self motivated and exemplify good attention to detail and strive for 100% quality as well as be able to handle the job pressure of schedules and customer changes as well as occasional interruptions. There may be times were extra hours are necessary to meet customer delivery requirements.
The continued success of KMM is reliant upon the engagement of employees to provide continuous improvements through lean activities and process improvement activities and recommendations. Quality of product is paramount to KMM and the employee’s continued employment and as such the ability to perform the functions of the job will be evaluated on a regular basis to ensure that these requirements are met.
Communication and transparency are critical to the success of this position. The Manufacturing Supervisor must foster a culture of commitment and proactive response to any KMM coworker or customer. Clear communication with supervisors in regards to production understanding of the process is paramount to the program success and employee success.
As a KMM employee it is an expectation that you will treat coworkers with respect and will refrain from any comments or actions at work, in public or on public networking sites that could be considered as liable or degrading to KMM or your fellow employees. KMM has no tolerance for discriminatory behavior of any kind and as a leader at KMM it is the expectation that you will immediately address any such behavior.
This position is considered a leadership position and is representing KMM through their contact with customers, vendors and fellow employees and is expected to present themselves in a professional manner at all times.
This position may require travel for training, to customers and/or other KMM facilities as needed and this may include working at other locations periodically and/or possibly for extended periods of time to support operations and fulfill job requirements In the event that a KMM vehicle is not available for use the employee will be required to provide their own transportation.
This position requires a certain level of independence and self assurance as well as critical thinking for decision making.
The Manufacturing Supervisor will train, instruct, and monitor support staff roles and responsiveness to customers
This job description is not intended as a written contract or a promise of continued employment but a guide to job duty requirements. Other tasks or duties may be assigned as needed to perform the daily operations to provide customer satisfaction and a quality product.
This document is considered proprietary to KMM and may not be copied, transmitted or shared outside KMM without express written permission from the H. R. Director or KMM Executive Management.
KMM is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D and a Drug, Alcohol and Weapons Free Workplace