SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Recruiter position is an advanced position in the Human Resources Department. This position requires a clear understanding and practice of KMM’s values and goals. The Recruiter should have or develop an intimate knowledge of KMM’s culture, benefits, policies and procedures. The Recruiter serves as a trusted talent acquisition partner to support KMM’s strategic hiring objectives and is responsible for sourcing, networking, interviewing, qualifying and referring applicants to the appropriate departments and programs. As a member of the H.R. team it is a requirement that a positive and supportive attitude is displayed at all times.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Recruiting, On-Boarding, & Orientation
a. Lead recruitment activities, screening and evaluations of applications to ensure they meet the job requirements
b. Coordinate, schedule, or conduct interviews evaluating the candidate based on the compiled data
c. Extend offers of employment when authorized or directed.
d. Lead the development of staffing strategies
e. Development and implementation of hiring processes and screening for a variety of levels from temporary staffing to executive placement
f. Assist in the evaluation of the effectiveness of current staffing systems, tracking reporting, and method of analysis
g. Identification sourcing and recruiting initiatives and processes to leverage networking and employee referrals
h. Management of relationships with recruiting agencies and programs including work-study and internships
i. Conduct all pre-screening required prior to extending offer of employment or conditional offer of employment including background checks and pre-employment physicals as required by position.
j. Coordinate, schedule, and perform new hire paperwork including drug testing.
k. Assist in the management of employee relocation, reduction in force and/or product relocation to ensure that all policies, procedures and applicable laws are followed
2. Records Management
a. Accurate entry of applicant and employee information into designated HRIS.
b. Assist in maintaining electronic employee records by scanning and saving documents into the appropriate folders.
c. Assist in updating records when needed including HRIS and other electronic records
3. Employee Relations
a. Develop positive working relationships with KMM employees, supervisors, and leaders.
b. Assist and support supervisors, leaders, and managers in their responsibilities on personnel matters.
c. Assist in investigations of employment related issues.
d. Provide excellent customer service to all KMM employees being fair and following established procedures, instructions, and work practices.
4. Work Place Safety
a. Perform new hire, random, reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing per KMM policy.
b. Wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by job task
c. Adhere to all KMM safety policies and practices as well as manufacturer recommendations for operation of all equipment and tools.
d. Ensure all safety concerns are reported to the appropriate personnel, Safety Coordinator, and HR Director
a. Assist with the termination process of employees ensuring compliance with all established KMM polices, work practices, and instructions.
6. Maintain confidentiality on all personnel and payroll matters and information.
7. Seek direction and guidance from Human Resources Professional or Human Resources Director when needed.
8. Career development/Continuing Education- stay current on legislative & regulatory issues related to Human Resources and seek out continuing education opportunities to advance knowledge base & competency.
9. Communicate all potential containment or compliance issues immediately
10. Other related duties as assigned
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in recruiting/staffing.
a. Professional experience in Marketing or as University/College Recruiter may be considered.
2. Solid understanding of HR concepts in talent acquisition, employment law, and employee relations
3. Ability to generate candidate flow for multiple roles utilizing a variety of sourcing techniques
4. Excellent skills to source, interview, negotiate, and communicate both written and verbally
5. Strong computer skills including fluency with MS Office Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
6. High energy, ability to work at a fast paced environment, great people skills, honesty and integrity, and a sense of humor
7. Works well under pressure to meet multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
8. The ability to manage positive interactions to provide service to internal and external stakeholders to support KMM.
9. The ability to contribute to initiatives and processes within KMM
10. The ability to value and consider perspectives, opinions, and backgrounds of all internal and external stakeholders.
11. The ability to role model KMM core values, integrity, and accountability while representing KMM.
12. The ability to perform critical evaluation of information in a fair and unbiased manner to make business decisions and recommendations.
13. The ability to understand and apply information from other departments within KMM in order to contribute to the overall well-being of KMM
14. The ability to communicate (verbally and written) fluently in the English language.
These requirements may be temporarily adjusted or modified at the time of the opening and will be based on current labor availability and staffing needs. In these instances it is expected the employee will be able to meet all requirements within 180 days of accepting the position.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
1. This position requires the daily use of a computer and computer related software. The employee must be able to accurately and proficiently enter and retrieve data as needed for the job tasks.
2. Standard office equipment such as copiers, calculators, etc. will be used
3. Automobile to travel to other facilities when required.
1. The Human Resource Department can be demanding and stressful at times, this position requires the ability to understand and work through the demands and stress as needed and set the example for behavior in doing so.
2. Frequent travel to various KMM facilities to perform the functions of the job is a primary function. The employee must have a current driver’s license and ability to drive personal vehicle or KMM vehicle.
3. This requires the mobility, stamina and ability to deal with stressful situations, travel and to work flexible hours when needed to support employees and programs.
4. This position requires the ability to sit for long periods of time when needed as well as the ability to move freely throughout the facilities.
5. Must have the ability to read, follow and understand instructions as well as have the motivation to learn multiple functions and do them in a timely and accurate manner.
6. KMM strives to have a paperless system whenever possible and to accomplish this, the HR professional must have the ability to use a computer and computer related equipment.
It is KMM’s expectation that the employee will know, understand and adhere to all KMM policies, procedures, standards of conduct and adhere to KMM Mission Statement and Values. They must be trustworthy, honest, dependable, and able to work and be a part of the teamwork environment at KMM. In addition the employee must be self motivated and exemplify good attention to detail and strive for 100% quality as well as be able to handle the job pressure of schedules and customer changes as well as occasional interruptions. There may be times where extra hours are necessary to meet the job requirements.
The continued success of KMM is reliant upon the engagement of employees to provide continuous improvements through lean activities and process improvement activities and recommendations. Quality of product is paramount to KMM and the employee’s continued employment and as such the ability to perform the functions of the job will be evaluated on a regular basis to ensure that these requirements are met.
Communication and transparency are critical to the success of this position. The HR Specialist must foster a culture of commitment and proactive response to any KMM coworker. Clear communication with supervisors in regards to production understanding of the process is paramount to the program success and employee success.
As a KMM HR employee it is an expectation that you will treat coworkers with respect and will refrain from any comments or actions at work, in public or on public networking sites that could be considered as liable or degrading to KMM or your fellow employees. KMM has no tolerance for discriminatory behavior of any kind.
The employee is representing KMM as a leader and/or through their contact with customers, vendors, community members and fellow employees and is expected to present themselves in a professional manner at all times. This position requires a certain level of independence and self-assurance as well as critical thinking for decision making.
This position may require travel for training, to customers and/or other KMM facilities as needed and this may include working at other locations periodically and/or possibly for extended periods of time to support operations and fulfill job requirements In the event that a KMM vehicle is not available for use the employee will be required to provide their own transportation.
This job description is not intended as a written contract or a promise of continued employment but a guide to job duty requirements. Other tasks or duties may be assigned as needed to perform the daily operations to provide customer satisfaction and a quality product.
This document is considered proprietary to KMM and may not be copied, transmitted or shared outside KMM without express written permission from the H. R. Director or KMM Executive Management.
KMM is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D and a Drug, Alcohol and Weapons Free Workplace