Summary of Responsibilities:
The purpose of this position is to answer the phones, greet visitors and support the document control functions for the Killdeer facility. This position will require consistent work days consistent with the facility work week of Monday through Friday during regular business hours. This is a highly visible position and the employee must be well organized and patient with the ability to work with frequent interruptions and still be able to perform in a proficient and accurate manner to complete necessary tasks on time. The position includes, but is not limited to, the duties and responsibilities listed below.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist Engineering as required
• Data entry and upkeep of the revision control database
• Scanning and storing records
Completed work Files
Assist Receiving with scanning records
• File and maintain historical information as needed
• Agenda updates to support leadership and for rally’s, support staff and team lead meetings
• Use and maintenance of laminator machine
Ensure laminator is working and has adequate supplies
• Update and maintain organizational chart for facility
• Maintain employee bulletin boards to ensure that production data and employee information is current and accurate.
• Ordering of supplies as needed for cleaning, maintenance and specific production materials.
• Intranet support and maintenance.
• Support of management with general administrative and clerical support
• Organize meetings and customer visits and coordinate meeting needs, refreshments and reservations as needed
• Receive and sort mail
• Greet persons entering and direct them as necessary to their correct destination
• Deal with queries from the public and customers and provide direction and information as needed
• Maintaining training records through Train Tracks
*Performs other related duties and assignments as required
Education, prior work experience, and specialized skills and knowledge:
• The position requires the employee to have proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office products
• Some knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics, Visio or similar accounting or charting software would be helpful
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and customer service principles and practice is required
• This position also requires excellent written, verbal and phone communication skills
• The employee must also be self-motivated, with little directions after initial training
• Excellent problem solving skills, identifying problems, causes, and the ability to provide solutions are required.
Physical requirements, i.e. vision, lifting, standing, sitting, etc, and environment/working conditions:
• This position is a highly visible position and therefore requires the employee is able to meet the dress code requirements for leadership
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may have to sit for extended periods of time to perform the reception duties and data entry
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time to scan required documents for electronic storage
• Employee must have the ability to use a computer and to transfer data as needed to computer programs, which requires the ability to see written documents and a computer screen
• Must be able to move freely throughout the facility to provide documents to areas as needed and maintenance of bulletin boards.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to meet the insurance acceptance requirements for use of company vehicles
• This position requires minimal lifting to transfer files as needed for scanning and/or historical storage
Equipment and Machinery used:
• The position requires the use of a computer and related software, and standard office equipment necessary in completing job tasks.
• Laminator use for lamination of drawings and posters as needed
• Welcome Screen
• Presentation display equipment
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Oral communication—the individual communicates effectively, clearly and respectfully in both written and verbal communication with others and avoids situations that are negative and potentially destructive to the team environment. The individual communicates with the team to effectively provide the necessary information and meets timelines, provides necessary follow-up and is willing to offer process improvements to improve the work environment.
● Time Management skills—the individual effectively manages work time to ensure that they are engaged and focused to provide a quality product in the allocated timeframe. The individual must be able to effectively manage their time to avoid unnecessary absenteeism or time away from the work area.
• Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Judgment—the individual exhibits sound and accurate judgment, understands the complexity and importance of the job function and is willing to seek assistance where needed.
• Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Lean / Process Improvements – the individual has an understanding of the lean environment goals and is actively engaged in process improvements in all areas of responsibility.
• Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly and provides assistance where needed to the Safety Committee.
Other (e.g., customer contact or access to confidential information):
It is KMM’s expectation that the employee will know, understand and adhere to all KMM policies, procedures, standards of conduct and adhere to KMM Mission Statement and Values. They must be trustworthy, honest, dependable, and able to work and be a part of the teamwork environment at KMM. In addition the employee must be self motivated and exemplify good attention to detail and be able to handle job pressure and interruptions. There may be times were extra hours are necessary to meet customer delivery requirements.
The continued success of KMM is reliant upon the engagement of employees to provide continuous improvements through lean activities and process improvement activities and recommendations. Quality of product is paramount to KMM and the employee’s continued employment and as such the ability to perform the functions of the job will be evaluated on a regular basis to ensure that these requirements are met.
Communication and transparency are critical to the success of this position. Document Control must foster a culture of commitment and proactive response to any KMM coworker or customer.
As a KMM employee it is an expectation that you will treat coworkers with respect and will refrain from any comments or actions at work, in public or on public networking sites that could be considered as liable or degrading to KMM or your fellow employees. KMM has no tolerance for discriminatory behavior of any kind.
The employee is representing KMM through their contact with customers, vendors and fellow employees and is expected to present themselves in a professional manner at all times.
This job description is not intended as a written contract or a promise of continued employment but a guide to job duty requirements. Other tasks or duties may be assigned as needed to perform the daily operations to provide customer satisfaction and a quality product.
This document is considered proprietary to KMM and may not be copied, transmitted or shared outside KMM without express written permission from the H. R. Director or KMM Executive Management.
KMM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug, Alcohol and Weapons Free Workplace.