Summary of responsibilities:
The purpose of this position is to do receiving and inspection on incoming items at KMM. It is imperative to this position that processes and procedures are followed and that communication with procurement and production are clear and concise to support the needs of the facility. The Receiving Inspector goal is to improve profits & cash flow, and they will have the responsibility to strive to eliminate waste, provide a stable workflow while meeting program schedules and improving processes, and monitor and insure that a quality product is produced through teamwork. To do this, the Receiving Inspector is responsible for the overall performance of all program production delegated to their oversight.
The Receiving Inspector will conduct themselves in a professional manner and at all times be responsive and respectful in communication with vendors, customers and fellow coworkers.
Perform all tasks involved in the Receiving and Inspection of Materials. This includes but not limited to the duties and responsibilities listed below.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Receive materials from suppliers and perform the required inspections per procedure KMM-013 Receiving Product.
• Understand and provide the necessary assistance for Supplier Review Board as defined in KMM-015 Supplier Management System.
• Process nonconforming material per KMM-020 Non-Conforming Material.
• Understand responsibilities in purchasing procedures PUR0120, PUR0200, PUR0390, PUR0450, PUR0470, and PUR0504.
• Perform or verify First Articles per QI 5.0 First Article Inspection
• Monitor & update NCR and Hold Status.
• Organize workload for optimal efficiency.
• Monitor incoming shipments, and notify affected parties of any early or late deliveries.
• Understand all aspects of purchase order requirements as it pertains to receiving of materials and the quality requirements.
• Read and interpret drawings and necessary documents as it pertains to the receiving of materials.
• Understand and comply with all customer specific receiving requirements.
• Control and monitor inspection tooling to ensure optimum performance
• Have the ability and dexterity for handling small components.
• Follow verbal and written instructions and procedures, including Quality Instructions and KMM Policies.
• Basic mathematical skills are required for simple math calculations and using of various measuring devices.
• Use the computer or tooling; accurately enter data to the appropriate data base or Dynamics system.
• Communicate effectively with KMM Purchasing group and Suppliers as it pertains to the receiving of materials.
• Internet research for suppliers and components as required.
• This individual has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks.
• Provide continuous improvements through lean and process improvement activities.
• Cross train into Material Handler & perform the job tasks in a backup role.
*Performs other related duties and assignments as required
Education, prior work experience, and specialized skills and knowledge:
The position has a minimal education requirement of a high school diploma or GED equivalent. The position requires the employee to become familiar with, Intouch MDS Remote Terminal, Dashboard, Dynamics, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. In addition, one must have the ability to work well with others and maintain a positive attitude and display good communication skills. Must have the ability to efficiently and accurately use various computer programs and demonstrate the ability to correctly and efficiently enter alpha and numeric data.
Physical requirements, i.e. vision, lifting, standing, sitting, etc, and environment/working conditions:
Employee must be able to read .37M from the Graham-Field vision chart to be able to read component numbers, documents and measurement devices. Daily activities may include extended periods of sitting and entering data into the computer system.
This position requires some reaching and bending to remove and replace items on the receiving shelf or area they are to be designated, this may include transportation to various locations throughout the facility. Lifting from 10–50lbs, with occasional lifting up to 100 lbs with assistance to move boxes and place received items where required.
Equipment and machinery used:
The position requires the use of various hand tools and devises such items as digital caliper, pin gauges, and other measurement devices as needed depending on product requirements as well as frequent use of a computer and related software necessary in completing job tasks.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Analytical—the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information and can interpret the information as needed to internal and external teammates.
• Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully. The individual embraces the concept of team participation in problem solving and understands the importance of providing and seeking assistance when needed.
• Oral and written communication—the individual communicates clearly and respectfully with others and avoids situations that are negative and potentially destructive to the team environment. The individual communicates with the team to effectively provide input for process improvements and lean activities to enhance product and work environment. The individual speaks clearly and respectfully at all times including stressful situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings effectively. The individual can work effectively with all levels of coworkers and can communicate in clear, understandable and concise language. The individual must be able to effectively communicate through various forms of communication both written and verbal and internal and external.
• Leadership—the individual inspires others to perform well, accepts feedback from others. This individual must be able to show leadership through personal actions and a good solid work ethic that promotes teamwork and enthusiasm.
● Time Management skills—the individual effectively manages work time to ensure that they are engaged and focused to provide a quality product in the allocated timeframe. The individual must be able to effectively manage their time to avoid unnecessary absenteeism or time away from the work area.
• Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. The individual is engaged in the operation requirements to provide a quality product in all steps of the process. The individual can understand and follow all quality requirements and will seek assistance where necessary.
• Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions. The individual understands the complexity and importance of the job function and is willing to seek assistance where needed.
• Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Lean / Process Improvements – the individual has an understanding of the lean environment goals and is actively engaged in process improvements in all areas of responsibility.
• Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly and provides assistance as needed to the Safety Committee.
Other (e.g., customer contact or access to confidential information):
It is KMM’s expectation that the employee will know, understand and adhere to all KMM policies, procedures, standards of conduct and adhere to KMM Mission statement and Values. They must be trustworthy, honest, dependable, and able to work and be a part of the teamwork environment at KMM. In addition the employee must be self motivated and exemplify good attention to detail and strive for 100% quality of work at all times as well as be able to handle job pressure of schedules and customer changes as well as occasional interruptions. There may be times were extra hours are necessary to meet customer delivery requirements.
The continued success of KMM is reliant upon the engagement of employees to provide continuous improvements through lean activities and process improvement activities and recommendations. Quality of product is paramount to KMM and the employee’s continued employment and as such the ability to perform the functions of the job will be evaluated on a regular basis to ensure that these requirements are met.
Communication and transparency are critical to the success of this position. The Receiving Inspector must foster a culture of commitment and proactive response to any KMM coworker or customer. Clear communication with sup0ervisors in regards to production understanding of the process is paramount to the program success. This position requires a certain level of independence and self assurance as well as critical thinking for decision making.
As a KMM employee it is an expectation that you will treat coworkers with respect and will refrain from any comments or actions at work, in public or on public networking sites that could be considered as liable or degrading to KMM or your fellow employees. KMM has no tolerance for discriminatory behavior of any kind.
The employee is representing KMM through their contact with customers, vendors and fellow employees and is expected to present themselves in a professional manner at all times.
This position may require travel for training, to customers and/or other KMM facilities as needed and this may include working at other locations periodically and/or possibly for extended periods of time to support operations and fulfill job requirements In the event that a KMM vehicle is not available for use the employee will be required to provide their own transportation.
This job description is not intended as a written contract or a promise of continued employment but a guide to job duty requirements. Other tasks or duties may be assigned as needed to perform the daily operations to provide customer satisfaction and a quality product. This document is considered proprietary to KMM and may not be copied, transmitted or shared outside KMM without express written permission from the H. R. Director or KMM Executive Management.
KMM is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D and a Drug, Alcohol and Weapons Free Workplace