Summary of responsibilities:
The purpose of the quality inspector position is to provide guidance and support to production operations and to ensure that the customer requirements pertaining to quality of product are met prior to release to the customer. The quality department goal is to improve profits & cash flow, and they have the responsibility to strive to eliminate waste, provide a stable workflow while meeting program schedules and improving processes, and monitor and ensure that a quality product is produced through teamwork. This position requires that the inspector have the ability to work closely with all departments. Communicate concise and clear data to assist in the elimination of waste, help to provide a stable workflow, assist in process improvements and provide input to training needs through defect and process improvement data.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Effectively and professionally communicate with Management, Production Leads, Manufacturing Supervisors, Program Managers, and Procurement personnel, accounting, source inspectors (when applicable), Trainer, Engineering and all other personnel as applicable as it relates to the program, material and project.
• Current knowledge and certifications as needed for (J-STD, IPC-620 ) applicable for program and project.
• Conduct inspections of all materials and products to ensure specifications and quality standards are met.
*Per AS9100 – Quality Management Systems, Aerospace Requirements
*Per Customer and KMM requirements and instructions/specifications
*Per Engineering Drawings and related procedures
• Ensure that all first article requirements are being met. This includes reviewing FAI forms and documentation.
* Per AS9102 – Aerospace First Article Inspection Requirement
• Communicate issues with production floor, supervisor, and Quality Manager
• Participate in training as needed
• Provide continuous improvements through lean activities and process improvement activities and recommendations
• This position requires developing an overall awareness and general knowledge and understanding of the Cable and harness manufacturing process.
• This position requires a certain level of independence and self assurance as well as critical thinking for decision making.
• Accuracy in entering data as required for collecting required defect data or any other program relating to the quality inspection needs.