The Receiving Inspector Lead is responsible for planning and delegating work assignments to receiving inspection staff; monitoring receiving department emails to ensure that receivings responses are timely and appropriate, using good judgement to respond to more complex emails that a lead should take ownership of, and informing the Receiving Manager when necessary if support is needed.
The Receiving Inspector Lead is part of the receiving team and will perform receiving inspection on incoming product at KMM. The Receiving Inspector Lead is responsible to ensure that processes and procedures are followed by receiving personnel, and that communication with procurement, production and supply chain is clear and concise to support an effective Quality Management System. The Receiving Inspector Lead goal is to eliminate waste by improving processes, provide a stable workflow, while meeting defined goals and schedules. The Receiving Inspector Lead is responsible for the overall performance of all receiving inspectors delegated to their oversight.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Supervises the receiving department – in charge of planning, organizing, and monitoring receiving functions
- Report regularly to Receiving Manager the status of receiving department goals and objectives.
- Support performance evaluations on receiving personnel
- Support Material Review Activity as required.
- Perform receiving inspection activities on material from suppliers and receive into system per procedures.
- Understand and provide the necessary assistance for Supplier Review Board activities.
- Perform Sampling Inspection per procedures.
- Process nonconforming material per procedures.
- Develop a working knowledge of receiving’s responsibilities in purchasing procedures as they relate to receiving.
- Perform First Article activity per procedures.
- Understand all aspects of purchase order requirements as it pertains to receiving of materials and the quality requirements.
- Understand and verify that Purchase Order Terms and Conditions flown down to supplier have been met by supplier.
- Read and interpret drawings and other specification/requirements as it pertains to the receiving activities.
- Understand and comply with all customer specific receiving requirements.
- Control and monitor inspection tooling per procedures.
- Follow verbal and written instructions and procedures, including Quality Instructions and KMM Policies.
- Use computer and measurement equipment, and accurately enter data per procedures.
- Provide continuous improvements through lean and process improvement activities.
- Document and maintain data to support a performance based system.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by job task.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Inspire others to perform well.
- A minimum of 12 months of professional experience in supervising is preferred.
- Ability to listen and understand problem/issues clearly to recognize coworker problems, issues, frustrations with processes to assist in resolving them.
- Displays a servant type leadership attitude and treats everyone with respect and understanding.
- Show good judgement by adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Willingness to seek assistance where needed.
- Individual must display leadership through personal actions, positive mental attitude and a good solid work ethic that promotes teamwork and enthusiasm.
- The position requires the employee to become proficient with Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- The ability to work well with others, maintain a positive attitude and display good communication skills.
- Display a proactive approach to prevent issues from reoccurring, while teach, coach and mentor others to be proactive.
- Time management skills and prioritization of work
- Good communication and organizational skills. Additionally, this position requires the employee is able to communicate (verbally and written) fluently in the English language.
- The ability to role model KMM core values, integrity, and accountability while representing KMM.
- The ability to perform critical evaluation of information in a fair and unbiased manner to make business decisions and recommendations.
- Facilitate and support practical problem solving activities per KMM CAPA procedures.
- Must have the ability to efficiently and accurately use various computer programs and demonstrate the ability to enter alpha and numeric data.
- Basic mathematical skills are required for simple math calculations and using of various measuring devices.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
The position requires the use of various hand tools and devises such items as digital caliper, pin gauges, and other measurement devices as needed depending on product requirements.
This position requires the daily use of a computer and computer related software. The employee must be able to accurately and proficiently enter and retrieve data as needed for the job tasks.
Standard office equipment such as copiers, calculators, etc. will be used.
- Daily activities may include extended periods of sitting and entering data into the computer system.
- This position requires some reaching and bending to remove and replace items on the receiving shelf or area they are to designated, this may include transportation to various locations throughout the facility.
- Have the ability and dexterity for handling small components.
Lifting from 10–50lbs, with occasional lifting over 50 lbs. with assistance to move material where required.