SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The purpose of this position is to provide materials as needed to programs and to know and understand the purchasing and customer requirements for assigned programs. The goal is to improve profits & cash flow through on-time supply of materials to internal customers and the reduction of inventory through accurate purchasing and supplier/order management. This includes using and understanding the KMM MRP system for purchasing and tracking orders, as well as a clear understanding of scheduling within the production schedules and contract requirements. This position requires that the individual be committed to process improvements, increasing production flow through providing on time materials, and increasing inventory turns. Perform all tasks involved in the Procurement department. This includes but is not limited to the duties and responsibilities listed below.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Review the ordering list in the KMM MRP system, especially noting any past due orders or changes from the previous day – daily
2. Review and recognize demand anomalies in the KMM MPR system and communicate anomalies to the Procurement Coordinator and other applicable parties (Program Manager, Manufacturing Supervisor, Planner, etc.) – daily
3. Process approved requisitions – daily
4. Process Kanban cards – daily
5. Generate purchase orders for material from the KMM MRP system, Kanban cards, and approved requisitions – daily
6. Send material for special processing (screening, testing, tinning, programming, packaging, etc.) – daily (as needed)
7. Initiate and maintain material shortage tracking – daily
8. Review the order move in list in the KMM MRP system and move orders in as needed to meet internal schedules – twice / week
9. Send late order lists to suppliers and update dates in the KMM MRP system – weekly
10. Review and confirm any unconfirmed purchase orders as indicated in the KMM MRP system– twice/week
11. Move out purchase orders to meet internal schedules and inventory goals – weekly
12. Send supplier open order reports – every other week
13. Attend the Supplier Review Board (SRB) meeting for any issues relating to supplier quality, delivery, communication, etc. – as needed
14. Request Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCARs) – as needed
15. Take any delegated action for Notices of Escape (NOEs) – as needed
16. Pack slip generation for sending material to suppliers and/or customers – as needed
17. Maintain customer portal access and use for customer requirements regarding material source requirements, revisions, and communication – daily (as needed)
18. Initiate and/or participate in supplier communication – as needed
19. Initiate and/or participate in customer communication – as needed
20. Participate in Kaizen events – as requested
21. Participate in internal and external Corrective Actions (CAs) – As requested
22. Process items on the receiving on-hold status – twice per week
23. Perform other related duties and assignments as required
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. The position requires that one of the following education/experience conditions be met:
a. Associate Degree (or equivalent credit hours) in Business / Accounting
b. A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in Procurement or Accounting
2. Proficient professional computer skills including keyboarding, use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
3. Proficient professional skills in Microsoft Dynamics and Access will be required following a reasonable training period.
4. Self motivated
5. Accurate mathematical calculation skills and ability
6. Ability to adapt to frequent interruptions, deadlines, and stressful situations.
7. This position requires the employee is able to communicate (verbally and written) fluently in the English language.
8. The below table details the minimum level of proficiency needed to be able to perform the job function of Negotiations and Contracts Specialist. Each skill is rated on a scale of 1 to 5:
1. No ability or proficiency is needed in this skill; no training, education, or experience
2. Very little ability or proficiency is needed in this skill; minimal training, education, or experience
3. Moderate ability or proficiency is needed in this skill; some training, education, or experience
4. Above average ability or proficiency is needed in this skill; multiple instances of focused training, education, or experience
5. The highest level of ability and proficiency
The Procurement Agent position requires a total average proficiency of 2.32 or greater on or before one year after the first date of employment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. This position may require extended periods of sitting for daily computer operations
2. The ability to assist with cycle counts and/or inventory requirements may occasionally required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
3. Requires ability to use telephone for extended periods of time to interact with suppliers and customers.
4. Employee must have the ability to use a computer keyboard to transfer data as needed to computer programs.
5. Requires the ability to see written documents and a computer screen.
6. Additionally, this position requires the employee is able to communicate (verbally and written) fluently in the English language
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED:
1. The position requires the use of a computer, monitor, scanner, printer, and related software as well as standard office equipment to complete work tasks.
It is KMM’s expectation that the employee will know, understand and adhere to all KMM policies, procedures, standards of conduct and adhere to KMM Mission Statement and Values. They must be trustworthy, honest, dependable, and able to work and be a part of the teamwork environment at KMM. In addition the employee must be self motivated and exemplify good attention to detail and be able to handle job pressure and interruptions. There may be times where extra hours are necessary to meet customer delivery requirements.
The continued success of KMM is reliant upon the engagement of employees to provide continuous improvements through lean activities and process improvement activities and recommendations. Quality of product is paramount to KMM and the employee’s continued employment and as such the ability to perform the functions of the job will be evaluated on a regular basis to ensure that these requirements are met.
Communication and transparency are critical to the success of this position. The position required the employee to must foster a culture of commitment and proactive response to any KMM coworker or customer. Clear communication with supervisors in regards to production understanding of the process is paramount to the program success and employee success.
As a KMM employee it is an expectation that you will treat coworkers with respect and will refrain from any comments or actions at work, in public or on public networking sites that could be considered as liable or degrading to KMM or your fellow employees. KMM has no tolerance for discriminatory behavior of any kind.
The employee is representing KMM through their contact with customers, vendors and fellow employees it is expected they present themselves in a professional manner at all times. This position requires a certain level of independence and self assurance as well as critical thinking for decision making.
This position may require travel for training, to customers and/or other KMM facilities as needed and this may include working at other locations periodically and/or possibly for extended periods of time to support operations and fulfill job requirements In the event that a KMM vehicle is not available for use the employee will be required to provide their own transportation.
This job description is not intended as a written contract or a promise of continued employment but a guide to job duty requirements. Other tasks or duties may be assigned as needed to perform the daily operations to provide customer satisfaction and a quality product.
This document is considered proprietary to KMM and may not be copied, transmitted or shared outside KMM without express written permission from the H. R. Director or KMM Executive Management.
KMM is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D and a Drug, Alcohol and Weapons Free Workplace