Summary of responsibilities:
It is the duty of this position to know and understand the purchasing requirements for assigned programs. This includes bidding and quoting activities to support current and future work, procurement of materials as needed for current contractual obligations, negotiations with suppliers and /or customers as needed to obtain the best value for the customer, using and understanding of KMM electronic media for tracking of materials and orders, as well as a clear understanding of scheduling and budgeting material cost and receiving’s within the production schedules and contract requirements. This position requires that the individual be committed to process improvements, reducing inventory turns and reducing overall inventory requirements. Perform all tasks involved in the Procurement department. This includes but is not limited to the duties and responsibilities listed below.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Issue purchase orders using KMM accounting media for the raw material required for assigned contracts and miscellaneous items on approved requisitions.
♦ Participate in Contract Reviews for new and repeat jobs/contracts.
♦ Participate in physical inventory counts.
♦ Responsible for identifying and communicating any and all material issues to the program team.
♦ Responsible for Supply Chain Management and have knowledge and understanding of Supplier Agreements as well as be able to negotiate and uphold the terms of these agreements.
♦ Participate in Lean Activities and support continuous improvements throughout the company.
♦ Knowledge and understanding of part drawings and specifications and parts list interpretation to ensure the acquisition of correct material.
♦ Control of inventory through ABC code analysis, cost analysis, process improvements, and reduction of inventory turns and monitoring of schedule requirements to meet production and contract needs to ensure materials are provided in a timely and cost effective manner.
♦ Work within budget requirements and provide regular reporting status to Program Manager.
♦ Enter all material information, including Customer furnished material, into KMM’s accounting media and monitor material inventory and schedules to maintain accuracy within the system for accurate forecasting, material management and accounting requirements.
♦ Ensure that process changes and procurement document changes are communicated to all procurement personnel and any need for changes that effect processes and procedures of other procurement departments within KMM are mutually agreed upon and communicated.
Work with all KMM departments to ensure the smooth flow of materials including bulk buys and common material procurement to ensure the most cost effective procurement methods are utilized.
♦ Work closely and respond to the Bidding Coordinator to ensure that all bidding activity is provided in a timely manner with complete and accurate data by required date.
♦ This individual has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks
*Performs other related duties and assignments as required
Education, prior work experience, and specialized skills and knowledge:
The position has a minimal education requirement of a high school diploma or GED equivalent however the individual must exhibit the ability to understand and demonstrate basic accounting skills. The position requires the employee to have proficient computer skills as well as knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics and Access will be required following a reasonable training period. The position requires self-motivation, accuracy with numbers, and proficient keyboarding skills as well the ability to work as a team member with other employees and departments. The position also requires the ability to handle frequent interruptions and pressure situations.
Physical requirements, i.e. vision, lifting, standing, sitting, etc, and environment/working conditions:
This position may require extended periods of sitting or standing. Employee must have the ability to use a computer keyboard to transfer data as needed to computer programs. This requires the ability to see written documents and a computer screen. Position may require extensive phone use with the ability to interact with suppliers and customers. The use of standard office equipment will be required.
Equipment and machinery used:
The position requires the use of a computerand related software as well as standard office equipment to complete work tasks.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Analytical—the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information.
• Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
• Oral communication—the individual communicates clearly and respectfully with others and avoids situations that are negative and potentially destructive to the team environment. The individual communicates with the team to effectively provide input for process improvements and lean activities to enhance product and work environment. The individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
• Leadership—the individual inspires and motivates others to perform well, accepts feedback from others. The individual understands and practices a servant leadership attitude and treats everyone with respect and understanding while providing guidance and direction.
● Time Management skills—the individual effectively manages work time to ensure that they are engaged and focused to provide a quality product in the allocated timeframe. The individual must be able to effectively manage their time to avoid unnecessary absenteeism or time away from the work area.
• Management skills—the individual includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; and develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth.
• Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions. The individual understands the complexity and importance of the job function and is willing to seek assistance where needed.
• Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Lean / Process Improvements – the individual has an understanding of the lean environment goals and is actively engaged in process improvements in all areas of responsibility.
• Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
Other (e.g., customer contact or access to confidential information):
It is KMM’s expectation that the employee will know, understand and adhere to all KMM policies, procedures, standards of conduct and adhere to KMM Mission Statement and Values. They must be trustworthy, honest, dependable, and able to work and be a part of the teamwork environment at KMM. In addition the employee must be self motivated and exemplify good attention to detail and be able to handle job pressure and interruptions. There may be times where extra hours are necessary to meet customer delivery requirements.
The continued success of KMM is reliant upon the engagement of employees to provide continuous improvements through lean activities and process improvement activities and recommendations. Quality of product is paramount to KMM and the employee’s continued employment and as such the ability to perform the functions of the job will be evaluated on a regular basis to ensure that these requirements are met.
Communication and transparency are critical to the success of this position. The ____ must foster a culture of commitment and proactive response to any KMM coworker or customer.
As a KMM employee it is an expectation that you will treat coworkers with respect and will refrain from any comments or actions at work, in public or on public networking sites that could be considered as liable or degrading to KMM or your fellow employees.
The employee is representing KMM as a leader and/or through their contact with customers, vendors and fellow employees and is expected to present themselves in a professional manner at all times.
This position requires a certain level of independence and self assurance as well as critical thinking for decision making.
This position is considered a leadership position and as such is a representative of KMM and is therefore expected to be performed in a professional manner at all times.
This position may require travel for training, to customers and/or other KMM facilities as needed and this may include working at other locations periodically and/or possibly for extended periods of time to support operations and fulfill job requirements In the event that a KMM vehicle is not available for use the employee will be required to provide their own transportation.
This job description is not intended as a written contract or a promise of continued employment but a guide to job duty requirements. Other tasks or duties may be assigned as needed to perform the daily operations to provide customer satisfaction and a quality product.
KMM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug, Alcohol and Weapons Free Workplace