Summary of Responsibilities
The purpose of this position is to provide guidance and support to the Supply Chain and Quality Departments in the area of NCR (Non-Conforming Record) Focal/MRB (Material Review Board)/SRB (Supplier Review Board)/Supplier Quality responsibility and Receiving Inspection and to provide a work environment where coworkers have the tools, training and leadership to build a quality product. The NCR Focal / Receiving Inspector’s goal is to aid in the identification, containment, and reimbursement of quality defects and to inspect supplier product for conformity as it is received from the supplier. They will have the responsibility to communicate concise and clear data to assist and strive to eliminate waste, provide a stable workflow while meeting program schedules and improving processes, to assist the team in process improvements and providing input to training needs through defect and process improvement data and to monitor and insure that a quality product is produced through teamwork. To do this, the NCR Focal / Receiving Inspector is responsible for the overall performance of all program production delegated to their oversight.
The NCR Focal / Receiving Inspector will conduct themselves in a professional manner and at all times be responsive and respectful.
For teamwork, quality, production and production schedules to be met, it is primary that all employees meet the attendance, productivity and quality work requirements as well as adhere to all of KMM policies and procedures.
This includes but is not limited to: Process Improvements, Quality of Product, Manpower Scheduling, NCR’s, Personnel Skill Assessments, Training, & Meetings. This position requires a minimum of weekly reporting on the current reporting format to the designated leadership. This includes but is not limited to the duties and responsibilities listed below.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
NCR Focal Duties and Responsibilities (First Priority)
• Site NCR Focal Support
o Weekly Reporting of NCR status to the SRB Team
o Responsible for the initiation, documentation, status, and resolution of all Receiving Inspection NCRs per KMM-020 Nonconforming Product or documented nonconforming procedures
o Responsible for the initiation, documentation, status, and resolution of all in-process NCRs, (Product found after receiving into Dynamics) per KMM-020 Nonconforming Product or documented nonconforming procedures
o Facilitates and processes NCR dispositions as defined by SRB/MRB team and KMM-020 Nonconforming Product or documented nonconforming procedures
o Process all Customer Returns per KMM-020 Nonconforming Product or, documented nonconforming procedures
• Site Support (MRB Material Review Board)
o Facilitates material review
o Develops Product Analysis Reports in support of NCR/CAR/MRB
o Performs and documents Root Cause Analysis as required in support of Product Analysis
o Performs and documents complete containment as required in support Product Analysis
o Performs and documents verification and effectiveness of Corrective Action plan(s) in support of Product Analysis
• Corporate Support (SRB – Supplier Review Board)
o Responsible for attending weekly SRB meetings and reporting on the current NCR Status and On-Hold Status
• Corporate Support (SQ – Supplier Quality)
o Generates KMM Supplier Report Cards (where required)
o Assists in SCARs when needed
Receiving Inspection Duties and Responsibilities (Second Priority)
• Receive materials from suppliers and perform the required inspections per procedure KMM-013 Receiving Product.
• Understand and provide the necessary assistance for Supplier Review Board as defined in KMM-015 Supplier Management System.
• Process nonconforming material per KMM-020 Non-Conforming Material.
• Understand responsibilities in purchasing procedures PUR0120, PUR0200, PUR0390, PUR0450, PUR0470, and PUR0504.
• Perform or verify First Articles per QI 5.0 First Article Inspection
• Monitor & update NCR and Hold Status.
• Organize workload for optimal efficiency.
• Monitor incoming shipments, and notify affected parties of any early or late deliveries.
• Understand all aspects of purchase order requirements as it pertains to receiving of materials and the quality requirements.
• Read and interpret drawings and necessary documents as it pertains to the receiving of materials.
• Understand and comply with all customer specific receiving requirements.
• Control and monitor inspection tooling to ensure optimum performance
• Have the ability and dexterity for handling small components.
• Follow verbal and written instructions and procedures, including Quality Instructions and KMM Policies.
• Basic mathematical skills are required for simple math calculations and using of various measuring devices.
• Use the computer or tooling; accurately enter data to the appropriate data base or Dynamics system.
• Communicate effectively with KMM Purchasing group and Suppliers as it pertains to the receiving of materials.
• Internet research for suppliers and components as required.
• This individual has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks.
• Provide continuous improvements through lean and process improvement activities.
• Cross train into Material Handler & perform the job tasks in a backup role.
Education, prior work experience, and specialized skills and knowledge
This position has a minimum education requirement of high school diploma or GED equivalent. Employee must also have a strong background in computer processes and Microsoft Dynamics. Good communication and organizational skills. Additionally, this position requires the employee is able to communicate (verbally and written) fluently in the English language. These requirements may be temporarily adjusted or modified at the time of the opening and will be based on current labor availability and staffing needs. In these instances it is expected the employee will be able to meet all requirements within 180 days of accepting the position.
This position requires knowledge of all receiving functions and should be able to perform these functions unattended after three (3) months time. This position also requires knowledge of all NCR and PAR functions and should be able to perform these functions unattended after three (3) month’s time. The individual will be expected to participate in trainings for LEAN and root cause analysis/corrective actions on a routine basis, and should be fluent in reporting metrics through Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel documentation within three (3) months time.
These requirements may be temporarily adjusted or modified at the time of the opening and will be based on current labor availability and staffing needs. In these instances it is expected the employee will be able to meet all requirements within 180 days of accepting the position.
Equipment and Machinery used
This position requires the daily use of a computer and computer related software. The employee must be able to accurately and proficiently enter and retrieve data as needed for the job tasks. Standard office equipment such as copiers, calculators etc will be used, etc.
Employee must be able to read .37M from the Graham-Field vision chart to be able to read component numbers, documents and measurement devices. Daily activities may include extended periods of sitting and entering data into the computer system.
The employee must be able to enter and retrieve data with accuracy and proficiency into the computer, copy documents and file in the correct locations, and scan documentation to the proper locations.
This position requires some reaching and bending to remove and replace items on the receiving shelf or area they are to be designated, this may include transportation to various locations throughout the facility. Lifting from 10–50lbs, with occasional lifting up to 100 lbs with assistance to move boxes and place received items where required.
Daily activities may include extended periods of sitting and entering data into the computer system.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Analytical—the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information and can interpret the information as needed accurately to internal and external teammates.
• Problem solving—the individual can identify and assist in the resolution of problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully by using knowledge gained through work experience. The individual provides process improvement ideas and solutions to problems and is proactive in addressing potential issues. The individual embraces the concept of team participation in problem solving and understands the importance of providing and seeking assistance when needed.
• Oral and written communication—the individual communicates clearly and respectfully with others and avoids situations that are negative and potentially destructive to the team environment. The individual communicates with the team to effectively provide input for process improvements and lean activities to enhance product and work environment. The individual speaks clearly and respectfully at all times including stressful situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings effectively. The individual can work effectively with all levels of coworkers and can communicate in clear, understandable and concise language. The individual must be able to effectively communicate through various forms of communication both written and verbal and internal and external.
• Delegation—the individual delegates work assignments based on individual competencies and contract or project needs, gives authority to work independently however retains the accountability for the outcome of the delegated tasks, sets expectations, timelines and monitors delegated activities.
• Leadership—the individual inspires others to perform well, accepts feedback from others. This individual must be able to show leadership through personal actions and a good solid work ethic that promotes teamwork and enthusiasm. The ability to listen and understand problems and issues clearly and to recognize subordinate or coworker problem, issues and frustrations with processes to assist in resolving these problems is critical to this function. The individual understands and practices a servant leadership attitude and treats everyone with respect and understanding while providing guidance, assistance and direction.
• Time Management skills—the individual effectively manages work time to ensure that they are engaged and focused to provide a quality product in the allocated timeframe. The individual must be able to effectively manage their time to avoid unnecessary absenteeism or time away from the work area. This competency will be demonstrated through improved productivity, FPY, and an increase in certifications.
• Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. The individual is engaged in the operation requirements to provide a quality product in all steps of the process. The individual can understand and follow all quality requirements and will seek assistance where necessary.
• Judgment—the individual understands the complexity and importance of the job function and demonstrates this through quality work and attention to detail. The individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
• Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently. The individual participates in 5S + Safety daily and keeps a clean and organized work area. This competency will be demonstrated through improved productivity, FPY, and an increase in certifications.
• Lean / Process Improvements – the individual has an understanding of the lean environment goals and is actively engaged in process improvements in all areas of responsibility.
• Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly and provides assistance as needed to the Safety Committee.
It is KMM’s expectation that the employee will know, understand and adhere to all KMM policies, procedures, standards of conduct and adhere to KMM Mission Statement and Values. They must be trustworthy, honest, dependable, and able to work and be a part of the teamwork environment at KMM. In addition the employee must be self motivated and exemplify good attention to detail and strive for 100% quality as well as be able to handle the job pressure of schedules and customer changes as well as occasional interruptions. There may be times where extra hours are necessary to meet customer delivery requirements.
The continued success of KMM is reliant upon the engagement of employees to provide continuous improvements through lean activities and process improvement activities and recommendations. Quality of product is paramount to KMM and the employee’s continued employment and as such the ability to perform the functions of the job will be evaluated on a regular basis to ensure that these requirements are met.
Communication and transparency are critical to the success of this position. The NCR Focal/Supply Chain Assistant must foster a culture of commitment and proactive response to any KMM coworker or customer. Clear communication with supervisors in regards to production understanding of the process is paramount to the program success and employee success.
As a KMM employee it is an expectation that you will treat coworkers with respect and will refrain from any comments or actions at work, in public or on public networking sites that could be considered as liable or degrading to KMM or your fellow employees. KMM has no tolerance for discriminatory behavior of any kind.
The employee is representing KMM as a leader and/or through their contact with customers, vendors, community members and fellow employees and is expected to present themselves in a professional manner at all times.
This position is considered a leadership position and as such is a representative of KMM and is therefore expected to be performed in a professional manner at all times.
This position may require travel for training, to customers and/or other KMM facilities as needed and this may include working at other locations periodically and/or possibly for extended periods of time to support operations and fulfill job requirements In the event that a KMM vehicle is not available for use the employee will be required to provide their own transportation.
KMM is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D and a Drug, Alcohol and Weapons Free Workplace