The purpose of the Office Administrator is to attend to visitors and deal with inquiries on the phone and face to face, to assist in making the daily administrative operations run smoothly, and be a positive and inviting presence between KMM, its employees, and the public. This position requires a high level of professionalism for answering and directing KMM customer calls and providing a positive first impression to any face to face interactions with customers, community members, potential applicants and current employees. This position requires the ability to multi-task and handle frequent interruptions while remaining calm and performing task with a high degree of efficiency.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist in dispersing and gathering paperwork for HR and Accounting
- Answering the phone by screening and directing calls where necessary and taking messages
- Update and manage internal newsletter for all sites
- Assist with employee recognition program
- Support HR with handling of KMM Store and Service Awards
- Assist in organizing facility events for employees, customers, suppliers and visitors
- Assist with in-person recruiting and company relations events in and around Kerrville
- Running errands such as; Post Office, food pickup etc.
- Performing office support tasks that include;
- Word processing
- Creating documents.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- The position has a minimal requirement of a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- The position requires the employee to have proficient computer skills as well as knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and other related programs
- A working knowledge of required software that is used for specific tasks required.
- The position also requires the employee to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills with customers (internal and external), suppliers, and fellow employees.
- The employee must demonstrate a team and positive work attitude.
- The employee shall demonstrate the ability to be detail oriented, have a strong attention to detail, and have the ability to handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Requirements may be modified at the time of the opening, and will be based on current labor availability and staffing needs. In these instances, the employee must be able to meet all requirements within 180 days of accepting the position.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
- Phone system
- Computer and computer related software
- Driving vehicle occasionally
- This function requires sitting for long period of time.
- Reaching, bending or stretching as needed.
- The ability to lift 10-50 pounds to move product as needed