The Lean Practitioner manages the Lean activities to achieve results based on strategy deployment, constantly reviews processes to eliminate waste, creates strategic lean transformation plans, and drives improvement efforts throughout the facility through preparation and execution. The Lean Practitioner engages the organization to adapt or maintain a lean continuous improvement culture.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The corporate expectations of the lean Practitioner are as follows:
- Maintain a program level VSM
- Annually develop a high level, future state VSM
- Establish Lean roadmaps to guide large projects that move KMM from our current state towards the desired future state, using tools such as Accelerated Improvement Workshops (AIW), 3P’s, and Kaizen events
- Have an active point improvement program
- Have an active 5S program and conduct audits
- Conduct Lean Trainings and Maintain Records
Additionally the Lean Practitioner will support Company and Program leadership teams to create and sustain a lean culture throughout each level of leadership in the company. The Lean Practitioner Position is to support and assist all programs and departments to create a culture of respect for people and standard use of lean tools and process resulting in:
- Improved net profits by reducing costs
- Increased customer scorecard ratings
- Increased inventory turns
- Decreased product cycle and lead times
The Lean Practitioner will have the responsibility to work closely with all company and program leaders to help each develop a lean culture in his/her area of responsibility that demonstrates the use of data to:
- Eliminate waste
- Improve flow while meeting program schedules
- Promote personal responsibility to improve company process
- Provide input to training needs through defect and process improvement data
The Lean Practitioner, reports to the Director, Continuous Improvement and will oversee and facilitate companywide lean initiatives. They will conduct themselves in a professional manner and, at all times, be responsive and respectful. The Lean Practitioner will meet attendance, productivity, and quality work requirements as well as adhere to all KMM policies and procedures. This includes but is not limited to the duties and responsibilities listed below:
- Must have a quality first mindset, considering customer satisfaction in decision-making.
- Must have the ability to find solutions to problems using creativity and reasoning while drawing upon past experience along with current available information and resources.
- Must have the ability to collect requirements, manage multiple assignments, tasks, prioritize, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments.
- Must have the ability to relate to team members, inspire others to participate, and mitigate conflict with team members.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work with a multi-culture workforce through sensitivity, awareness, and respect of other team members and their culture.
- Must have the ability to work with others in a professional manner while working to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrated formal and successful experience coaching, teaching, and facilitating others to improve.
- These requirements may be temporarily adjusted or modified at the time of the opening and will be based on current labor availability and staffing needs. In these instances, it is expected the employee will be able to meet all requirements within 180 days of accepting the position.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must have the education, knowledge, skills, values, and abilities to meet the expectations outlined in the Job Summary and Essential Job Functions.
- Communication skills – Must have the ability to actively listen, write, and speak effectively. Additionally, this position requires the employee is able to communicate (verbally and written) fluently in the English language.
- Analytical/Research skills – Must have the ability to assess a situation, seek multiple perspectives, gather information if needed, and identify key issues that need to be addressed.
- The employee must be able to enter and retrieve data with accuracy and proficiency into the computer.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
- This position requires the daily use of a computer and computer related software; proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Visio
- The employee must be able to accurately and proficiently enter and retrieve data as needed for the job tasks.
- The use of standard office equipment such as copiers, calculators etc.
- The ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete documentation.
- The ability to move freely throughout the factory.
- The ability to reach, reach and bend, stand and sit for long periods.
- Daily activities may include extended periods of sitting for record keeping, training development, and preparation and process analysis.