Summary of Responsibilities
The purpose of this position is to attend to visitors and deal with inquiries on the phone and face to face. The goal is to improve profits & cash flow through job efficiency and process improvements. This position requires a high level of professionalism for answering and directing KMM customer calls and providing a positive first impression to any face to face interactions with customers, community members, potential applicants and current employees. This position requires the ability to multi task and handle frequent interruptions while remaining calm and performing task with a high degree of efficiency.
Confidentially is a critical component to this position and the understanding that information will be provided to them on a need to know basis.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer phone
- Provide company name and inquire as to how you may direct their call.
- Screen calls as may be directed by departments and direct calls to the proper person or extension
- Take and relay messages only where the call cannot be directed to a voice mailbox
- Have a clear understanding of meeting protocol and do not interrupt in process meetings unnecessarily
- Provide general information to callers
- Respectfully greet persons entering the facility and ensure that they sign in as required and provide and record visitor badges
- Only ask relevant questions relating to who the caller intends to see. It is the responsibility of the Program Manager, Department Managers, Directors or Site Managers to ensure that the proper ITAR requirements are met including verification of citizenship and allowing visitor phones.
- Complete ITAR documentation as required when the need arises.
- Notify departments or individuals of visitors
- General administrative and clerical support to various departments as needed
- Receive and sort mail and deliveries as applicable
- Monitor office supplies
- Keep reception area (including work space) clean and free of clutter
- Set up conference rooms for visitor meetings and provide refreshments and meals as needed
- This person has the responsibility and authority to perform these tasks
- All other duties as assigned
Education / Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures is required
- Knowledge of relevant computer and software applications
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Basic keyboard skills
Equipment and Machinery used
- Phone system
- Computer and computer related software
- Extended periods of sitting
- Ability to move throughout the facility to deliver messages, pick up and deliver mail as needed
- Ability to use a computer and computer related software
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Oral and written communication—the individual communicates clearly and respectfully with others and avoids situations that are negative and potentially destructive to the team environment. The individual communicates with the team to effectively provide input for process improvements and lean activities to enhance product and work environment. The individual speaks clearly and respectfully at all times including stressful situations, The individual must be able to effectively communicate through various forms of communication both written and verbal and internal and external.
- Professional Personal Presentation—the individual adheres to the KMM dress code and behaves in a professional manner at all times.
- Time Management skills—the individual effectively manages work time to ensure that they are engaged and focused to provide a quality product in the allocated timeframe. The individual must be able to effectively manage their time to avoid unnecessary absenteeism or time away from the work area.
- Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment—the individual understands the complexity and importance of the job function and demonstrates this through quality work and attention to detail. The individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions. The individual is willing to seek assistance where needed. The individual shows good judgment by adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time The individual participates in 5S + Safety daily and keeps a clean and organized work area.
- Lean / Process Improvements – the individual has an understanding of the lean environment goals and is actively engaged in process improvements in all areas of responsibility.
- Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly and provides assistance as needed to the Safety Committee.
It is KMM’s expectation that the employee will know, understand and adhere to all KMM policies, procedures, standards of conduct and adhere to KMM Mission Statement and Values. They must be trustworthy, honest, dependable, and able to work and be a part of the teamwork environment at KMM. In addition the employee must be self motivated and exemplify good attention to detail and strive for 100% quality as well as be able to handle the job pressure of schedules and customer changes as well as occasional interruptions. There may be times where extra hours are necessary to meet customer delivery requirements.
The continued success of KMM is reliant upon the engagement of employees to provide continuous improvements through lean activities and process improvement activities and recommendations. Quality of product is paramount to KMM and the employee’s continued employment and as such the ability to perform the functions of the job will be evaluated on a regular basis to ensure that these requirements are met.
As a KMM employee it is an expectation that you will treat coworkers with respect and will refrain from any comments or actions at work, in public or on public networking sites that could be considered as liable or degrading to KMM or your fellow employees. KMM has no tolerance for discriminatory behavior of any kind.
The employee is representing KMM through their contact with customers, vendors, community members and fellow employees and is expected to present themselves in a professional manner at all times.
This job description is not intended as a written contract or a promise of continued employment but a guide to job duty requirements. Other tasks or duties may be assigned as needed to perform the daily operations to provide customer satisfaction and a quality product.
This document is considered proprietary to KMM and may not be copied, transmitted or shared outside KMM without express written permission from the H. R. Director or KMM Executive Management.
KMM is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D and a Drug, Alcohol and Weapons Free Workplace