JOB TITLE: Form-Board Assembler POSITION CODE: FRMBRD
LOCATION: Dickinson EEO CLASS: Operatives
SCOPE: BC, P8 FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt – Hourly
The purpose of this position is to assist in production of cable wire and harness manufacturing process by assembling form board drawing and delivering them to the production floor. With the goal of ensuring the form-boards are available to the production floor on time to prevent late deliveries to the customer. This position is expected to deliver a quality form-board that meets our production needs. The goal of all operators is to strive to eliminate waste, provide a stable workflow, assist in process improvements, provide input to training needs through evaluation and understanding of defect and process improvement data and to monitor work to insure that a quality product is produced 100% of the time through teamwork. For teamwork, quality production and production schedules to be met it is primary that all employees meet the attendance, productivity and quality work requirements as well as adhere to all of KMM policies and procedures.
Perform all tasks involved in the production of KMM’s form board products. This includes but is not limited to the duties and responsibilities listed below.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Monitor and fulfill all form board requests.
- Deliver the completed form-board to the customer.
- If applicable, remove old form-boards from the production floor.
- Clean and prep old form-boards to be reused.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Ensure supplies and other form-board assembling inventory is adequately stocked to avoid shortages.
- Empty trash bags at the routing tables. Lifts production kits, wire bundles and/or wire and move to appropriate destination as designated by the process steps.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area, practices the 5S + Safety requirements, and follow all safety requirements. Learns and retains information relating to chemical usage, handling and disposal.
- Participates and demonstrates understanding of Lean Manufacturing and the importance of process improvements
- The ability to work overtime and flexible schedule as needed to meet the customer delivery schedule
- Attend required trainings and meet the competency requirements as defined by KMM and customer requirements
- Must consistently meet quality and productivity requirements
- Evaluate any mechanical or material issues that need correction brought to the attention of the operators’ team lead, supervisor, quality department and/or engineering for correction or further investigation
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- This individual has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Employees are expected to be able to pass all external and internal required training within a reasonable amount of time and be able to perform the job functions within efficiency and quality work. Employees are expected to take advantage of ongoing trainings that are provided
- The position requires a high degree of manual dexterity in order to handle small objects.
- Basic math skills are required – Basic math skills is defined as the ability to perform simple multiplication, division, addition, subtraction and measurements depending on the process step requirement
- Reading comprehension – the ability to read, understand and follow written processes and instructions
- Due to production schedules this position will require that the operator demonstrate reliability to meet attendance, product quality and productivity standards
- Have the ability to read and understand product requirements and customer specifications and be able to evaluate any mechanical or material issues that need correction brought to the attention of the operators’ team lead, supervisor, quality department and/or engineering for correction or further investigation.
- Have the ability to read and understand information relating to usage, personal protective devises, safe labeling, proper handling and proper disposal of any chemical used in the production process being performed
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
The position requires the use of a variety of small hand tools including but not limited to those listed below for
- Spray adhesives
- Mineral Spirits
- Adhesive Tape
- Adhesive Lamination
- Power Drill
- Exacto Knives
- Staple Gun
- Tape Measure / Rulers
- Electric Sander
- Must have the ability to move freely throughout the factory to perform the necessary functions
- The position is in the production area and involves extended periods of sitting, moving throughout the facility and/or standing throughout the day depending on what processes are being performed
- The position also requires minimal lifting of up to 50lbs for transporting material to required destinations
- Employee must be able to read .37M from the Graham-Field vision chart to be able to read various labels and tags in the process as well as measurements where needed
- Must be able to work in a team oriented environment
- The position requires a high degree of manual dexterity in order to handle small objects
- Requires the ability to use hand crimp and cutting tools
- Reaching, some bending or stooping is required depending on the process step
- Distinguishes colors – Certain processes may require the ability to distinguish color codes for proper identification of wire and other materials needed in the production process