JOB TITLE: Supplier Quality Specialist
LOCATION: Supports all KMM facilities
POSITION CODE: SPQCRD
EEO CLASS: Administrative Support Workers
FLSA STATUS: Non Exempt / Hourly
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Supplier Quality Specialist is responsible for ensuring that material and services provided by KMM suppliers are of acceptable quality and delivery per KMM, customer, and industry standards and requirements. The Supplier Quality Specialist shall swiftly contain, correct and document all quality discrepancies originating with KMM suppliers in order to limit the amount of disruption to KMM and KMM customers as much as possible. This includes the approval of new suppliers, developing and tracking supplier quality and delivery metrics; identifying, communicating, containing, and correcting supplier material and service quality discrepancies; proactively identifying and mitigating supplier quality and delivery risks; performing periodic audits as required by KMM and/or KMM customers; and developing actions to improve the quality and delivery of KMM’s supply base. This person will work closely with quality, supply chain, program management, and engineering personnel to meet specified goals and objectives. In addition, this individual will provide leadership and guidance relative to supplier programs, assuring we maintain compliance with QMS (Quality Management System) procedures and AS/ISO requirements. This position is responsible for practicing QMS procedures and complying with its requirements, and carrying out responsibilities as outlined in KMM employee handbook, safety, health and environmental policies. This position may require travel for training and will require travel to other KMM sites. This position requires travel to supplier facilities on an annual basis.
The Supplier Quality Specialist will conduct themselves in a professional manner and at all times be responsive and respectful.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supplier Review Board (SRB) meeting attendance and participation
- Request, monitor, validate, update, and manage Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCARs)
- Check and process Government Industry Data Exchange Program (GIDEP) alerts
- Trace usage of any non-conforming material in support of customer notification requirements
- Distribute, monitor, and manage supplier surveys for new and existing suppliers
- Maintain customer portal access and use for customer requirements regarding material source requirements, revisions, and communication
- Communicate effectively with suppliers via phone, email, or in-person meetings
- Communicate effectively with customers via phone, email, or in-person meetings
- Produce, distribute, manage, and take action on supplier report cards
- Create and manage addendums to incoming receiving inspection requirements
- Understand, implement, and manage all applicable AS9100 requirements
- Understand the use of MTE (Measurement and Test Equipment) for the validation of product compliance
- Provide “emergency” support for receiving inspection – as needed depending on quantity of receipts and available receiving personnel
- Provide technical assistance for First Article inspections to AS9102 standards
- When needed, provide technical assistance (with quality and engineering) for the implementation of inspection strategies and statistical techniques for incoming materials
- Understands the KMM audit system and can perform efficiently as lead supplier auditor and train others.
- Provides audit documentation in a complete and clear manner and provides follow up on audits and all Internal Audit corrective action.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of AS9100 standards
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of KMMs QMS and AS9100 quality requirements.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in a quality assurance or auditing role.
- Strong background in statistical techniques.
- The ability to communicate and interact with various personality types.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and design specifications.
- Must have a good understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Proficient in technical writing skills, reports.
- Proficient with various computer applications, (Microsoft Office Suites: Word, Visio, Access, Excel, Power Point, and Project, with a preferred knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics.)
- Motivated and a self-starter.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong planning and organizational skills.
- The ability to handle frequent interruptions and pressure situations.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be eligible to qualify for KMM drivers insurance.
- This position requires the employee is able to communicate (verbally and written) fluently in the English language
These requirements may be temporarily adjusted or modified at the time of the opening and will be based on current labor availability and staffing needs. In these instances it is expected the employee will be able to meet all requirements within 180 days of accepting the position.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENT WORKING CONDITIONS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may have to sit or stand for extended periods.
- This position will require long periods of computer use while performing this function.
- The employee must have the ability to move freely throughout the facilities to effectively evaluate and assist in program analysis.
- This position requires the ability to clearly communicate through verbal and written means and will require frequent use of phone, e-mail and other standard office communication devises.
- This position will require the ability to travel to other facilities and may require the use of employee personal transportation when company transportation is not available.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED:
- This position requires the use of a computer and related software as necessary in completing job tasks.
- This position requires knowledge and use of measurement tools.
It is KMM’s expectation that the employee will know, understand and adhere to all KMM policies, procedures, standards of conduct and adhere to KMM Mission Statement and Values. They must be trustworthy, honest, dependable, and able to work and be a part of the teamwork environment at KMM. In addition the employee must be self-motivated and exemplify good attention to detail and be able to handle job pressure and interruptions. There may be times where extra hours are necessary to meet customer delivery requirements.
The continued success of KMM is reliant upon the engagement of employees to provide continuous improvements through lean activities and process improvement activities and recommendations. Quality of product is paramount to KMM and the employee’s continued employment and as such the ability to perform the functions of the job will be evaluated on a regular basis to ensure that these requirements are met.
Communication and transparency are critical to the success of this position. The individual must foster a culture of commitment and proactive response to any KMM coworker or customer.
As a KMM employee it is an expectation that you will treat coworkers with respect and will refrain from any comments or actions at work, in public or on public networking sites that could be considered as liable or degrading to KMM or your fellow employees.
The employee is representing KMM as a leader and/or through their contact with customers, vendors and fellow employees and is expected to present themselves in a professional manner at all times.
This position requires a certain level of independence and self-assurance as well as critical thinking for decision making.
This position may require travel for training, to customers and/or other KMM facilities as needed and this may include working at other locations periodically and/or possibly for extended periods of time to support operations and fulfill job requirements In the event that a KMM vehicle is not available for use the employee will be required to provide their own transportation.
This job description is not intended as a written contract or a promise of continued employment but a guide to job duty requirements. Other tasks or duties may be assigned as needed to perform the daily operations to provide customer satisfaction and a quality product.
KMM is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D and a Drug, Alcohol and Weapons Free Workplace.