JOB TITLE: Quality Inspector Cable/Harness Divisions POSITION CODE: INS, BCAINS, P8INS
LOCATION: Dickinson, Hettinger, Regent EEO CLASS: Operatives
SCOPE: All programs FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt – Hourly
The purpose of the Quality Inspector position is to provide guidance and support to production operations and to ensure that the customer requirements pertaining to quality of product are met prior to release to the customer. The quality department goal is to improve profits & cash flow, and they have the responsibility to strive to eliminate waste, provide a stable workflow while meeting program schedules and improving processes, and monitor and ensure that a quality product is produced through teamwork. This position requires that the Inspector have the ability to work closely with all departments. Communicate concise and clear data to assist in the elimination of waste, help to provide a stable workflow, assist in process improvements and provide input to training needs through defect and process improvement data. This includes but is not limited to the duties and responsibilities listed below.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with and effectively communicate with Floor Lead, Operators, Trainer, Process Engineers, Program Manager, and Quality Manager.
- Review and become knowledgeable with applicable program and specification documents listed as required by program, internal work instruction, customer, standard and applicable job instruction.
- Conduct and document inspections
- Assist in research, investigation, and interpretation of customer specifications, drawings, and documents.
- Record and enter inspection data into the appropriate database for all inspection points.
- Encourage continuous improvement by submitting Point Improvements.
- Continuously aware of customer specification changes/updates.
- First Article:
- Ensure that all First Article requirements are being met as defined by KMM and its customer. This includes creating and completing a FAI packet.
- Understand and support the application of KMMs Quality Management System requirements for the following major processes
- Drawing Change Evaluations
- Customer Related processes
- KMM approved engineering manufacturing planning
- Internal Auditing
- Corrective Preventive Action
- Nonconforming product
- Provide support in reviewing new and/or changes in customer specifications, drawings, and documents.
- Train/instruct and mentor Inspectors.
- Support the maintenance of training instructions for applicable program Quality Assurance Inspectors.
- As defined by program, verify and approve Visual Aids.
- Review and approve Certificate of Compliance for product being deliver to the customer,
- Verify and approve C-Size/B-Size drawings and Tie Tables.
- Manage inspection data within the Quality Databases.
- Must meet all attendance requirements and use PTO/Sick Time responsibly.
- Requires a certain level of independence and self-assurance, as oftentimes decisions are required without the opportunity for conclusion with immediate supervisors.
- Support as necessary KMM SRB and MRB activities.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by job task.
- Adhere to all KMM safety policies, practices as well as manufacturer recommendations on operation of all equipment, and tools.
- This individual has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- This position will require the ability to know, understand and apply all applicable customer specifications and standards as they apply to their program.
- Personnel must have knowledge of computers (e.g. – Excel and Word programs) and to consistently demonstrate accuracy in data entry.
- This position requires a clear understanding of Killdeer Mountain Manufacturing’s Quality Management System and procedures.
- This position also requires the employee to demonstrate excellent communication skills with customers, suppliers, and fellow employees.
- The employee must demonstrate a team and positive work attitude.
- The employee shall demonstrate the ability to be detail oriented, have a strong attention to detail, and have the ability to handle stressful situations.
- This position will required to meet the attendance requirements for the position status and the ability to work flexible hours and/or overtime are required.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
- The position requires frequent use of a computer and related software necessary in completing job tasks.
- Basic knowledge of and utilization of test equipment is essential.
- Magnification aides.
- While performing the duties of this job, the applicant may have to sit or stand for extended periods depending on the inspection process being performed.
- This position requires the ability to move freely throughout the factory to inspect product as needed.
- Employee must have the ability to use a computer to transfer data as needed.
- This requires the ability to see .37M on the Graham-Field vision chart to be able to read processes, identify wire labels and small components.
- This position may require the use of magnifiers depending on the process inspection requirements.
- This position requires the ability to identify color for some inspection processes.
There will be wire bundles in final inspection that will require lifting. Lifting of up to 25 lbs. is required with this job.