The purpose of this position is to provide guidance and support to KMM operations in the area of Aegis (Factory Logix) Database development and maintenance. It is the administrator’s responsibility to provide a work environment where coworkers have the tools and training to effectively utilize the Aegis database technology. The Aegis Database Administrator’s goal is to improve profits & cash flow through effective and operational use of the Aegis database system. The Aegis Database Administrator must troubleshoot and resolve any issues reported by production operators and/or support staff which may at times require contacting Aegis technical support. The administrator will also be required to work with the manufacturing engineer and assist with Aegis work instruction writing and updates through the use of CircuitCam/Checkpoint software.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Create and update work instructions with the guidance of the manufacturing engineer and through the use of CircuitCam/Checkpoint software
- Maintain the functionality and operation of the Aegis database system
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues with the Aegis system reported by production operators or support personnel in a timely manner. Contact and work with Aegis technical support as needed.
- Assist with software updates to the Aegis system and train users on updates
- Obtain knowledge and understanding of all Aegis Modules; Production, Logistics, Analytics and NPI. Must be able to train and support all database needs, including but not limited to report writing.
- Maintain user access and security rights within the Aegis system
- Create and maintain an Aegis training plan and curriculum. Provide training to new and existing employees.
- Assist with required updates to work orders released to production when process changes occur
- All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- This position requires a two (2) year technical degree in computer science or related field. A minimum of two (2) years’ work experience in related field or demonstrated work experience at KMM may be considered in lieu of a technical degree.
- Excellent writing skills
- Outstanding ability to collaborate well with others
- Organizational and time management
- Ability to work well under pressure independently and as part of a team
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively and fluently (verbally and written) in the English language.
- Must be able to work in a team oriented environment.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
- This position requires the daily use of a computer and computer related software. The employee must be
able to accurately and proficiently enter and retrieve data as needed for the job tasks.
- Standard office equipment such as copiers, calculators etc will be used.
- Manufacturing tooling and equipment used in the production operations.
- Computer controlled specialized equipment to place components, solder and inspect circuit boards.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may have extended periods in which they sit or stand throughout
the day. Some lifting, bending and stooping may be expected from the individual while locating or moving electronic
equipment. This position requires the ability to communicate effectively with others to ascertain information needed
for output of the database as well as offer suggestions and solutions to fit their needs. They must be able to use a
computer and computer related software and perform the physical duties related to database administration with or
without reasonable accommodation.