JOB TITLE: Process Engineering Technician POSITION CODE: HENGT
LOCATION: Hettinger EEO CLASS: Administrative Support Workers
SCOPE: MAH/MAR FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt – Hourly
The purpose of this position is to provide guidance and support to production in the area of the Engineering Technician responsibility and to provide a work environment where coworkers have the tools, training and leadership to build a quality product. The Engineering goal is to improve profits & cash flow, and they will have the responsibility to strive to eliminate waste, provide a stable workflow while meeting program schedules and improving processes, and monitor and insure that a quality product is produced through teamwork. To do this, Engineering is responsible for the overall performance of all program production delegated to their oversight.
Testing, sleeving and calibration also falls within the scope and duties of this job description and duties. Engineering has to have the ability to perform in all departments, but only need to perform each job under the guidance of the Hettinger/Regent Production Engineering Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Read and follow processes
- Create, internal Build to Packages (BTP), Routing Sheets (RS), and Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Review Build to Packages (BTP), Bill of Material (BOM), and Routing Sheets (RS)
- Write query notes, Product Analysis Report (PAR), Drawing Change Incorporation Record (DCIR), Drawing Change Evaluation (DCE)
- Find Spec’s on how to build assemblies
- Training: Write or help write training, and conduct or help conduct training
- Find Tooling such as crimpers, connector adapters, chemicals (Loctite, Flux, solder), insertion and extraction tools, and consumables
- Customer Relations with Suppliers and Customers which includes communicating technical data, setting up and attending conference calls
- Assist with special projects and new product/process implementation
- Communicate with production flow to ensure they are following processes and if they have questions on how to perform process, assist them in learning.
- Write sleeving files
- Write sleeving instructions derived from customer specs
- Troubleshoot sleeving printer errors
- Calibration inspection, measurements, and test equipment in one or more of the following disciplines- Dimensional, Mechanical, and when require electrical in order to ensure compliance with published specifications and procedures
- Maintain primary and/or working calibration standards
- Maintain secondary and/or working calibration standard
- Develop calibration procedures and methods, according to detailed specifications, blueprints, and other technical requirements.
- Manage tooling database and report any issues to the Engineering Department.
- Ensures that all equipment requiring preventive maintenance is entered into the tooling database, controlled and up to date.
- Identify IM&TE out-of-tolerance conditions and perform corrective action via adjustments, component replacement, correction factors, and positive recall notifications.
- Prepare calibration reports and certificates
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by job task.
- Adhere to all KMM safety policies and practices as well as manufacture recommendations on operation of all equipment and tools
- This individual has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- 2 years Technical education or equivalent work experience with a demonstrated work ability to perform the required tasks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required for process writing, customer communication and communication within the company through the course of the required work.
- This position requires the ability to multi-task; work with frequent interruptions to assist the production requirements where necessary to ensure that product flow is not interrupted.
- Have a clear understanding of the 4:1 calibration ratio requirements, and NIST traceability requirements as defined in ANSI/NCSL Z540.3-2006
- Must have good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels of learning and different personality types of employees as well as assist the trainers in identifying areas of improvement in working toward an environment of process improvements.
- This position requires the ability to learn and interpret customer specifications and write clear and understandable processes per those specifications. To effectively perform this function he or she must be willing to work directly with operators to gain the understanding of operation challenges as well as to explain various build process procedures in a clear and understandable manner.
- The Engineering Technician must be proficient in computer skills including Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and Dynamics.
- Understand or ability to quickly develop an understanding of the sleeving software solution utilized within KMM
- Wire harness/cable assembly experience is required
These requirements may be temporarily adjusted or modified at the time of the opening and will be based on current labor availability and staffing needs. In these instances it is expected the employee will be able to meet all requirements within 180 days of accepting the position
- This position requires the ability to move freely throughout the production floor to engage with operators and assist with any issues relating to the processes and production boards.
- Have the ability to bend, reach and lift to assist production operations as needed throughout the process.
- Have the ability to read .37M on the Graham Field Chart to be able to read labels and various part designators throughout the process while writing processes and assisting operators.
- Have the ability to read and interpret customer drawings, specifications and part lists.
- Have the ability to use a computer and computer related software.
- Sitting and standing for extended periods are required depending on the production needs on any given day.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED:
- This position requires the daily use of a computer and computer related software. The employee must be able to accurately and proficiently enter and retrieve data as needed for the job tasks.
- Standard office equipment such as copiers, calculators etc will be used, etc
- Crimp Tools: hand, hydraulic, pneumatic