JOB TITLE: Production Support Technician POSITION CODE: PROTEC
LOCATION: Dickinson EEO CLASS: Technician
SCOPE: P8 FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt/Hourly
Production Support Technician provides technical support in all areas of the production process including the areas of data processing, ensuring required materials are available for production and reviewing and maintaining the production scheduling process to ensure client expectations are met accurately and timely by following KMM and customer policies and procedures. This position is also responsible for expediting and prioritizing work flow and coordinating weekly production schedule meetings. Production Support Technician is expected to take a proactive role in supporting the production team and in providing customer support which builds a high level of trust with internal and external customers and suppliers. This trust is developed through consistently upholding KMM’s Mission, Vision, and Values while demonstrating honesty, integrity, pride, accountability, teamwork, and commitment.
In addition to the above expectations the Production Support Technician is expected to identify and execute tasks that enhance the ability of KMM to continually improve its processes for internal and external customers and suppliers, and to provide guidance, direction, and resolution on technical issues as well as assist in providing innovative, creative, effective, and long-term solutions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Receives and reviews production requests and assists in production schedule control.
- Assists Program Manager in preparing and maintaining production schedules to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders.
- Performs data entry using word processing, spreadsheet or database formats by entering numerical data.
- Completes shipping information and delivery date input.
- Reviews discrepancies in data received, requests clarification and advises supervisor of issues related to data and production.
- Performs data and production verification to ensure KMM and customer data is consistent and up to date.
- Prepares graphic exhibits for internal and external clients.
- Interfaces with manufacturing personnel, engineering personnel, supply chain and other departmental staff on matters affecting data and production process flow, and makes recommendations for improvement or enhancement to job processes.
- Assists with producing written technical instructional guidelines for operators, consistent with KMM requirements.
- Ensures internal customer requests are conveyed to the appropriate KMM management resource and that requests are met in accordance with KMM’s management direction.
- Maintains a neat, organized and professional work area and projects a professional image at all times.
- Ensures safe work practices are followed when executing tasks and projects.
- Identifies potential value-added opportunities and shares with appropriate team management.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- An associate degree in a related scientific field is preferred, but not required.
- A minimum of (2) year’s work experience in a manufacturing production related field is preferred but not required.
- Thorough practice or knowledge of understanding concepts in science, mathematics, and electronics.
- Thorough Understanding and awareness of safety requirements and safe practices.
- Advanced Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Reliable, confident, eager to learn, and ability to work in a team environment.
- Within defined scope of work, seeks clarification and directions when needed.
- Must be self-driven with effective time management skills.
- Listens well and asks questions to learn more.
- Displays efficient organizational skills.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Thorough and effective professional communication and problem solving skills with internal and external customers and suppliers.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
- This position requires the daily use of a computer and computer related software. The employee must be able to accurately and proficiently enter and retrieve data as needed for the job tasks.
- Standard office equipment such as computers, copiers, calculators etc., will be used.
- This position requires the ability to sit, stand, stoop, and bend. There may be prolonged periods of standing.
- The employee must be able lift objects 30-50 lbs.
- Employee must be able to identify colors and color-coding that is used throughout the production process.
- The employee must be able to enter and retrieve data with accuracy and proficiency into the computer.
- Physical dexterity and the ability to use hand tools and production equipment is required.
- The ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete documentation.
The ability to move freely throughout the factory.