JOB TITLE: Industrial Engineer POSITION CODE: INDENG
LOCATION: All Facilities EEO CLASS: Professionals
SCOPE: All Programs FLSA STATUS: Exempt – Salaried
The Industrial Engineer is directly responsible for creating, finding and evaluating, better and more efficient ways to manufacture KMM products, which involves techniques, processes, and procedures. In all phases of manufacturing, the engineers’ main goal is the same: continuous improvement of product quality through leaner concepts and activities. The Industrial Engineer will be responsible for performing vital functions in more than one phase of bringing new technology to market. This position will require the ability to work hands-on, interacting with production floor personnel, engineering and all other departments to ensure lean plans are created and implemented.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Initiates design of the production system for maximum quality and output.
- Maps out the most effective processes and requirements and determines the best:
- Physical layout
- Number and type of cells or work stations
- Requirements for work stations with appropriate staffing and equipment
- Monitors quality and delivery of the system and setup appropriate Kanban sites/quantities and then alter the design for improvement.
- Design new Lean Six Sigma concepts and/or evaluate and implement existing concepts and best-in-class manufacturing techniques.
- Work for the increasing of the Give recommendation on how to improve productivity.
- Create, implement, and monitor key performance indicators and metrics to improve manufacturing process costs.
- Improves manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Carries out process improvement, problem resolution, project management and employee training.
- Ensures solutions achieve required quality levels, reliability, and consistency.
- Prepares and presents plans and coordinates deployment including training of team members.
- Assists Director of Operations and Program Managers in improving a system of production control, standard operating procedures, safety, quality control and training.
- Performs research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of buildings and equipment.
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Designs, develops and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement and improved efficiency.
- Communicates timely with all staff and management; and Represent manufacturing on cross-function teams.
- Responsible for the direct Supervision of the LEAN focal employees.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3-5 years professional experience in a leadership position is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires a broad knowledge of equipment and tools and the ability to influence change through influence.
- Proven ability of excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Ability to identify and recognize whey processes need improvements and changes.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, depending on the nature of the work available.
- Needs to be self-motivated with the ability to work with little to no supervision.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
- Ability to operate various pieces of manufacturing equipment and tools to understand effective and efficient use.
- This position requires the daily use of a computer and computer related software. The employee must be able to accurately and proficiently enter and retrieve data as needed for the job tasks.
- Standard office equipment such as copiers, calculators etc., will be used.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle.
- Frequent travel to various KMM facilities to perform the functions of the job is a primary function. This position requires a current driver’s license.
- This position requires the mobility to move throughout the facilities, stamina and ability to deal with stressful situations, travel and to work flexible hours.
- This position requires the ability to sit for prolonged time periods while using a computer and computer related software, as well as frequent use of a phone and other standard office equipment.