The purpose of this position is to provide guidance and support to production in the area of Engineering Technician responsibility and to provide a work environment where coworkers have the tools, training and leadership to build a quality product. The Engineering goal is to improve profits & cash flow, and they will have the responsibility to strive to eliminate waste, provide a stable workflow while meeting program schedules and improving processes, and monitor and ensure that a quality product is produced through teamwork. To do this, Engineering is responsible for the overall performance of all program production delegated to their oversight.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Preparing written instructions.
- Assessing processes for their relevance, and assessing the adequacy of engineering data.
- Reviewing existing data to see if more research and information needs to be collected.
- Conducting process development experiments.
- Ensuring the process works at the optimum level, to the right rate and quality of output, in order to meet supply needs.
- Ensuring that all aspects of an operation or process meet specified regulations.
- Making observations and taking measurements directly, as well as collecting and interpreting data.
- Compiling quality data to identify process indicators and performing root cause corrective action evaluations to alleviate recurring non-conformances.
- Assessing the availability of raw materials.
- Managing the time constraints of projects.
- Working closely with co-workers, including inspectors responsible for quality control and operators manufacturing product.
- Aiding the Program Manager in bidding processes.
- This individual has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- 2 years Technical education or equivalent work experience with a demonstrated work ability to perform the required tasks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required for process writing, customer communication and communication within the company through the course of the required work.
- This position requires the ability to multi-task; work with frequent interruptions to assist the production requirements where necessary to ensure uninterrupted product flow.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels of learning and different personality types of employees as well as assist the trainers in identifying areas of improvement in working toward an environment of process improvements.
- This position requires the ability to learn and interpret customer specifications and write clear and understandable processes per those specifications. To perform this function effectively, he or she must be willing to work directly with operators to gain the understanding of operation challenges as well as to explain various build process procedures in a clear and understandable manner.
- The Engineering Technician must be proficient in computer skills including Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and Dynamics.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
- This position requires the daily use of a computer and computer related software. The employee must be able to accurately and proficiently enter and retrieve data as needed for the job tasks.
- Ability to use various hand tools and measurement devices are required for building wire bundles.
- Standard office equipment such as copiers, calculators etc., will be used.
- This position requires the ability to move freely throughout the production floor to engage with operators and assist with any issues relating to the processes and production boards.
- Have the ability to bend, reach and lift to assist production operations as needed throughout the process.
- Have the ability to read .37M on the Graham Field Chart to be able to read labels and various part designators throughout the process while writing processes and assisting operators.
- Have the ability to read and interpret customer drawings, specifications and part lists.
- Have the ability to use a computer and computer related software.
Sitting and standing for extended periods are required depending on the production needs on any given day.