SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The purpose of this position is to perform maintenance of the KMM facilities including various storage and residential properties. The Maintenance Worker’s goal is to ensure upkeep of buildings and yards while being mindful of profits & cash flow, and they will have the responsibility to strive to eliminate waste, provide a stable workflow while meeting operation program needs and improving and maintaining equipment, floors, yards and utility equipment.
The Maintenance Worker will conduct themselves in a professional manner and at all times be responsive and respectful.
This position would also require assisting and directing the cleaning of the facilities, which includes but is not limited to the duties and responsibilities listed below.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintenance of Boiler, where applicable
- Maintenance of Air Compressors and Vacuum Pumps
- Equipment maintenance , this includes building, yard and various production equipment tasks
- Understanding and maintaining all Roof Top Units and maintenance of heating and cooling units
- Maintaining required humidity, air flow which includes maintenance of humidity control system
- Outside maintenance of various KMM facilities yards and flowers
- Maintenance of KMM mowers, snow blowers and any such equipment or tools needed to effectively perform the required functions.
- Snow Removal and scheduling of outside contractors as needed.
- Vehicle maintenance schedules
- Ensure that outside lights are set and working to provide safe and well lighted parking areas. Verify that outside plug ins are functioning properly
- Adhere to all KMM safety policies and practices as well as manufacturer recommendations on operation of all equipment and tools
- Performing repair or general Maintenance work of the facility, grounds and equipment including but not limited to electrical. carpentry, plumping and painting tasks as needed.
- Maintenance of Building Interiors
- Moving equipment and/or furniture as needed
- Building production support items and help design tooling
- Maintain and assist in cleaning lighting fixtures as needed
- Maintaining and operating floor equipment such as buffers and floor machines
- Assist in the development and construction of tooling, work stations or any items needed to assist the elimination of waste throughout the facility and company as needed.
- Perform Calibration of tools and benches on an as needed basis.
- Cleaning and janitorial functions as needed
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by job task.
- This individual has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required
EDUCATION, PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE, AND SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- This position requires a mechanical aptitude and the ability to identify, maintain and correct any number of facility issues.
- Education or prior work experience or training in operating boilers
- Education or previous experience in a mechanical or electrical field
- Carpentry or building skills
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED THAT MAY BE USED
- Floor buffer
- Outdoor power equipment including: snow removal equipment (snow blower and/or shovel), grass cutting equipment (riding mowers, push mowers, weed eater)
- Washer and Dryer
- Various hand tools, saws, and other tools associated with carpentry and welding functions
- Various tools as associated with janitorial duties
- Personal Protective Equipment as determined by specific tasks
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS, I.E. VISION, LIFTING, STANDING, SITTING, ETC, AND ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Requires stooping, bending and lifting of 25-50 lbs and be able to pass the fit test.
- Operation of floor maintenance equipment including buffers, floor cleaner and mops
- Ability to operate various equipment including mowers, tractors, riding and push, and snow removal equipment including shoveling and sweeping
- Ability to climb ladders
- Work outside in summer and winter as needed for yard maintenance and snow removal.
- Some early morning, late evenings or weekends may be required as needed for production support and outside maintenance.
- Physical movements to perform the janitorial functions as needed
GUIDE FOR INDIVIDUAL TASKS: (Not intended to be the only requirements to be performed.)
- Maintenance of Boiler to include: Keep boiler clean and running. Do water test as needed. Order chemical and keep chemical tank at a good level. Monitor humistats.
- Maintenance of Air Compressors and Vacuum Pumps to include: Schedule oil and filter changes. Monitor condensation levels. Maintain belts. Maintain air dryers and coolers.
- Maintenance of Roof Top Units and heating and cooling units at all KMM locations and buildings: Order and replace intake filters quarterly. Clean intake filter three times a summer. Clean belts every filter change. Do visual survey of unit every filter change for fans, belts, and noise. Seal roof in spots that are needed.
- Exterior of Facility Maintenance: Maintain all flower beds and yards. Main Facility: lawn surrounding building, lots west, north, and east of facility. Dakota street residence: Trim and cut trees. Bunkhouse: Pick up garbage. Fertilize Properties: 4 or 5 times a season on setting #4. Always use protective equipment. Spraying for weeds: Spray lawns in the spring and the fall of the year. Spot spray lawns between spring and fall. Weed Control: use Round-up for all weeds off the lawn. Disconnect and drain water hoses in fall and store for winter. Clean decks as needed.
- Mower Maintenance: Change oil filters in midsummer and fall. Clean mowers during oil change. Add Stabil to all tanks and gas cans before winter.
- Snow Removal: Remove snow from facilities parking lots. Put salt down for ice. Service and maintain snow blower. Set up snow removal in Main parking lot.
- Vehicles: Service every 3,000 miles. Clean inside every three months or when needed. Clean outside when needed. Check and add fluids when needed. Gas up when needed.
- Flag Pole & Lights: Replace flag when needed.
- Interior of Facility: Check and replace lights throughout plants in Killdeer and Halliday. Check and control thermostats, humistats, and dampers for rooftop vents. Paint when needed. Fix and maintain tile floors. Build things for production use and building as needed or required. Keep plumbing working in facilities and repair as needed. Moving furniture and equipment in and to other facilities. Help Cells with special projects and wave solder ext. Unload truck shipments, drive forklift occasionally as needed. Carefully weigh, carry and palletize solder dross shipments.
KMM is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D and a Drug, Alcohol and Weapons Free Workplace.