Calibration Technician II
Calibration Technician II completes calibrations, qualifications, and preventative maintenance of Measurement and Test Equipment (MTE) with accurate and timely KMM documentation, following KMM or customer policies and procedures. Calibration technician is expected to take a proactive role in supporting the team and in providing customer support and are expected to build a high level of trust with internal and external customers and suppliers. This trust is developed through consistently upholding KMM’s Mission, Vision, and Values while demonstrating honesty, integrity, pride, accountability, teamwork, and commitment.
In addition to the above expectations the Calibration Technician II position is expected to identify and execute tasks that enhance the ability of KMM to continually improve its processes for internal and external customers and suppliers, and to provide guidance, direction, and resolution on technical issues. Technician II shall have a high level of technical experience and expertise to troubleshoot difficult and technical issues, as well as assist in providing innovative, creative, effective, and long-term solutions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Without direct supervision, completes calibrations, qualifications and preventative maintenance with accurate and timely documentation, following KMM, manufacturer and customer specific policies and procedures. Where no procedures exist to support calibration or preventative maintenance activities, technician shall ensure the development and approval of required procedures through KMM policies.
• Plans and makes sure calibration and preventative maintenance supplies and equipment are readily available. Works with appropriate KMM resources in advance to ensure all calibration and preventative maintenance needs are met.
• Ensures the timely communication of “recall list” as required per KMM policies and procedures. Ensures proper location of MTE is identified within the tooling database and updates tooling database as required. Reports inconsistencies of tooling locations to calibration management on a weekly basis.
• Responsible for ensuring proper handling and maintenance of KMM and customer MTE, including standards, and trains other co-workers on proper use and handling.
• Provide effective solutions to internal and external needs and requirements, effectively communicates and develops relationships through excellent customer service.
• Insures internal customer requests are conveyed to the appropriate KMM management resource and requests are met in accordance with KMM’s management direction.
• 90-95% of work time will be utilized performing calibration and maintenance events.
• Timesheets and expense reports are completed weekly with accurate labor and expense codes, and reported to calibration department management.
• Maintains a neat, organized and professional work area and projects a professional image at all times.
• Ensures safe work practices are followed when executing tasks and projects and that KMM work areas are safe and neatly organized.
• Is attuned to potential new opportunities for KMM when interacting with internal and external customers and suppliers. Relates this back to calibration management.
• Identify potential value-added opportunities and shares with appropriate team management.
• Develops quotes and proposals; assist with the development of complex proposals.
• Professional, diplomatic, and tactical with potentially sensitive issues; has a good understanding of the business. Comfortable dealing with all levels of management and internal customers and suppliers. Is respected by co-workers.
• Identifies all out-of-tolerance conditions and performs corrective actions to evaluate Risks to KMM and KMMs customers, to include but not limited to initiating a positive recall process. Technician will document and report to
calibration and program management on a regular basis, all out of tolerance conditions and corrective actions that were taken.
• Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• An associate degree in a related scientific field is preferred, but not required.
• A minimum of (2) year’s professional work experience in calibration of measurement and test equipment or related field is preferred.
• Thorough understanding in measurement science, mathematics, and electronics.
• Thorough understanding and a high level working knowledge of traceability, substitution of standards, and test accuracy and uncertainty ratios as part of ISO 17025 requirements.
• Skilled with pneumatic, mechanical, an electrical instrumentation; as well as manual and computer-based process. Understands and applies basic concepts of calibration and requirements including accuracy testing.
• Thorough Understanding and awareness of safety requirements and safe practices.
• Thorough Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record. Travel may be required to perform tasks.
• Reliable, confident, eager to learn, and ability to work in a team environment.
• Within defined scope of work, seeks clarification and directions when needed. Must be self-driven and demonstrate ability to work with little direction.
• Listens well and asks questions to learn more.
• Displays good organizational skills.
• Follow the first-in first-out principle in choosing work, being aware of expedited calibration requirements, help maintain a minimal turnaround time as not to adversely affect production.
• Thorough and effective communication and problem solving skills with internal and external customers and suppliers.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
• This position requires the daily use of a computer and computer related software. The employee must be able to accurately and proficiently enter and retrieve data as needed for the job tasks.
• Standard office equipment such as copiers, calculators etc., will be used.
• This position will require the use and/or maintenance of crimping tools, gauges, retention tools, measuring tools, torque tools, calipers, pull testers, wire strippers, oven, form boards, tie tables, cut tables, power supplies, automated testing equipment and various hand tools as needed to perform the daily tasks.
• This position requires the ability to sit, stand, stoop, and bend. There will be prolonged periods of standing.
• The employee must be able lift objects 30-50 lbs.
• Employee must be able to identify colors and color-coding that is used throughout the calibration process.
• The employee must be able to enter and retrieve data with accuracy and proficiency into the computer.
• Physical dexterity and the ability to use hand tools and calibration equipment is required.
• The ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete documentation.
• The ability to move freely throughout the factory.